JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help finding advanced codes for device 1490
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Help finding advanced codes for device 1490 Reply with quote

I have been using this site for years, programming my 6131 and Comcast remotes with advanced codes. I recently purchased an older Panasonic plasma TV, and while I already know that code 0250 is limited on both types of remotes, on avsforum, a few years ago, someone posted that you could program code 1490/21490 (panasonic DVD code) on the newer Comcast remotes (not 6131) and use five-digit codes for Aspect Toggle: 09761. It works. He also listed other five-dig codes for specific inputs and aspects. I haven't tried those yet.

What I want to know is if anyone has the full list of advanced codes for 1490? I want to know where that other poster even got these few from (have sent a message). Can they be derived from the JP1 codes? I really don't want to use JP1, but since there have been discrete codes listed for a variety of panasonic devices, I was wondering if those could be interpreted into five-dig advanced codes that I could just enter in.

Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV 0250 send the Panasonic IR protocol, device 128, subdevice 0. Newer Panasonic TVs use also subdevice 1, 2, 4, and 9, so 0250 isn't a great starting point for EFCs.

Video 1490 can send 128.0 and 128.4. However, the only reason to use 1490 is if your remote doesn't have TV 0650. 0650 has 0, 1, 4, and 9 subdevices. The Comcast remotes with a red OK/Select button do have 0650; all Comcast remotes have Video 1490.

This Panasonic TV upgrade is arranged to match the TV 0650 fixed data, and you can use the EFCs from this upgrade in a red OK/Select button remote. Also, by selecting other OBCs or subdevice numbers, you can search for other functions.

Of course, you do need to download RMIR to use it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then you can find panasonic discretes like these published by panasonic.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/panasonic/Drivers/Monitors/Discrete-remote-control-codesProntoCCFformat.pdf

Using one of several tools you can then figure out what the device, subdevice and function are and then calculate the new EFC with remotemaster or keymaster.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but that isn't there something that is already known, like that code for aspect, hdmi, component, etc? I don't want to make the codes, I just want to enter ones that already exist using 994.

0650, specific for panasonic tvs, would be great, but there are no advanced codes listed for that on this website either, so it does nothing more than 0250. Does anyone have the advanced codes for 0650?
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vicky. Can you direct me to the tools?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you are going for the old advanced codes that Rob used to accumulate for various setup codes. We are way past that now, because we have the actually device upgrades.

So for your TV 650 code that can send the Panasonic codes 128.0, 128.1, 128.4 and 128.9 these would be the EFCs

EFC-- Function

09761 Aspect
53301 ChannelDown
53813 ChannelPrev
52277 ChannelUp
25397 DirectionDown
24117 DirectionLeft
25141 DirectionRight
24373 DirectionUp
20789 Display
14119 Exit
38439 Favorite
15393 InputComponent1
16417 InputComponent2
54561 InputHdmi1
55585 InputHdmi2
61749 InputVideo1
61237 InputVideo2
62261 InputVideo3
40757 Menu
53045 Mute
21045 PowerOff
20021 PowerOn
20533 PowerToggle
42279 Prog-
42037 Return
54069 SAP
39719 Sd
24885 Select/Ok
29237 Sleep
61493 TvVideo
04405 VolumeDown
03381 VolumeUp
12597 0
44341 1
45365 2
44853 3
45877 4
44085 5
45109 6
44597 7
45621 8
11573 9

Edit, here are a few more.
48437 Red
49973 Blue
49461 Green
48949 Yellow
06695 SubMenu
60469 Input Video4
16181 PC/vga
55073 Input HDMI3

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. I am not past this yet since I haven't had any need for more than the 6131 and 3-digit codes. I still love my old components, including ReplayTV! I searched and searched and could not find the list you just provided anywhere. Is there a reason that this cannot be added, along with other devices/brands to the advanced code section of the website?
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will repeat again - thank you so much!! This is great.

If there is anyway to publish advanced codes like this to the website, that would be great so that anyone like me can simply enter them into their Comcast remote (since they won't work with the 6131 - still my favorite remote overall).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
Is there a reason that this cannot be added, along with other devices/brands to the advanced code section of the website?
I would imagine that nobody wants to take on that responsibility, and its easier for all of us to work with the tools, instead of going to the advanced area to try and figure things out. If you are volunteering, I'm sure it could be done. Laughing

The list I posted was from the upgrade that 3FG. I just changed to a 5digitEFC remote, and they were all calculated for me. I did find a few more in the link that I posted, and I will update that list after I calculate the codes.

sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I would absolutely volunteer. Someone would have to feed me the codes, but I have no problem formatting a simple HTML page, like those on the website (vs the forum) part of the site and uploading via FTP, if I have access, or emailing to you or whoever does the site.

Or if you had something else in mind, please let me know.

I have used this site so many times over the years and have even accessed it from my phone when I have packed a 6131n in my suitcase and go to a hotel.

So I have a lot of spare 6131n remotes. Are they even upgradable to the 5-digit code structure via JP1? I may learn how to do that if that is the case.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
Is there a reason that this cannot be added, along with other devices/brands to the advanced code section of the website?

Short answer: time and effort

Long answer: I used to add all known advanced codes to the website before we invented JP1. Since JP1 came along, creating lists of advanced codes became redundant. Now, we can use a learning remote to capture the signals from our original remotes and then we use the captured data to build upgrades which we can add to our remotes. So, we have no need for lots of advanced code lists anymore.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your end goal here? Are you just using the URC-6131 and/or the Comcast remotes to program another remote with discrete codes, or are you looking to program the 6131/Comcast remotes so you can actually use them?
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought them all for me at different times since they were discontinued and are the best remotes I have ever found that include real DVR buttons. I never thought about using JP1, but it looks like as I upgrade my system over time, 6131s will be less capable of controlling newer devices as is. So, is there even a way to upgrade them so that I can still use them with both my older and the newer devices I may get?

The Comcast remotes came with my cable boxes.
sbwinter2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many people are like me - have never considered JP1, but love the ability to program the remotes, customize them, by simply entering codes. I have templates of my 6131 remotes where, for each device, I write which buttons I had to program with what code, so that I can recreate the remote if it ever needs to be replaced.

I guess I need to learn how to figure out what the codes even are using JP1. I never figured JP1 was easier than what I was already doing.

Thank you so much for your website!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 is *way* easier than what you are doing, but there is a bit of a learning curve. It's sort of like switching to using a calculator for the first time after having used an abacus for years.

The URC-6131 is an excellent remote with lots of good DVD/PVR type buttons, but as with any universal remote, the code database that's inside will eventually become out of date as new devices are made that use new codes.

A JP1 remote, on the other hand, will never become out of date because we can always add new codes for new devices.

However, the URC-6131 needs a small hardware modification in order for it to be ready for JP1. It needs an EEPROM chip and a 6-pin connector soldered in. Plus, you will need a JP1 cable. So there is a start up cost, but everyone here thinks it's worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: