JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

humax alternative code
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the only difference between the codes sent in the different modes is the last part. 0x1000 for mode 1, 0x10fa for mode 2
There is more than one way to write these IR signals that are sent LSB first. The convention we use here is to reverse the bits within a single byte, but to keep the byte order. Other folks reverse the bits for the entire word.

So based on the quoted info, I would try to send signals with device 250.16, since 0xfa is 250 in decimal. If that doesn't work, try 95.16.

ETA: here's a little more explanation. Let's use the JP1 device.subdevice pair of 18. 52 or 0x12.0x34.
00010010 00110100 --12.34 in binary
01001000 00101100 --bits reversed in each byte. This is the actual order sent in the IR signal.
0011010000010010 --reversed back for the entire word = 0x3412.

So our 0.16 looks like 0x1000 and 10fa looks like 250.16.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stepping in 3FG, that is helpful. I've never seen these written in this form, but then I don't read the technical documents.

mihaid wrote:
What is a widget?

A widget is an inexpensive little gizmo that lets you capture IR signal. Kevin Timmerman published instructions on how to build a IR Widget. Tommy Tyler made some changes to the design and makes them available for those of us who don't like the electronics side of this hobby. Graham (mathdon) took Kevins IRScope software, and customized it for JP1 use. Its really the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Quote:
the only difference between the codes sent in the different modes is the last part. 0x1000 for mode 1, 0x10fa for mode 2
There is more than one way to write these IR signals that are sent LSB first. The convention we use here is to reverse the bits within a single byte, but to keep the byte order. Other folks reverse the bits for the entire word.

So based on the quoted info, I would try to send signals with device 250.16, since 0xfa is 250 in decimal. If that doesn't work, try 95.16.

ETA: here's a little more explanation. Let's use the JP1 device.subdevice pair of 18. 52 or 0x12.0x34.
00010010 00110100 --12.34 in binary
01001000 00101100 --bits reversed in each byte. This is the actual order sent in the IR signal.
0011010000010010 --reversed back for the entire word = 0x3412.

I thought 12 in binary was 1100 not 10010. There must be something else I don't understand.

However, 250.16 did it. I will not pretend I understand but you're a genius to work it out like that.

I have the bin file but how do I post it?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
3FG wrote:

There must be something else I don't understand.

However, 250.16 did it. I will not pretend I understand but you're a genius to work it out like that.

Ditto that! Again thanks for stepping in!

Quote:

I have the bin file but how do I post it?

Navigate to the proper upgrade section and hit the upload button, follow the instructions on the screen. Really cool. Persistance paid off!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created 2 master files for Humax devices that use NEC1 dev 0.16 which include all the OBCs that I could find in all the other upgrade files.

Mode 1:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11441

Mode 2:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11442
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that the Mode 2 file when opened in RM then exported to binary C2000_RV does not work with my Humax.

Another strange thing, I thought I uploaded my S2011_RV.bin but I see TWO files S2011_PL . I don't know what's happening.
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to change some buttons in RM but can't see how. I was trying to add this
POWER - 0
SOURCE - 2
ONE - 3
TWO - 4
THREE - 5
FOUR - 6
FIVE - 7
SIX - 8
SEVEN - 9
EIGHT - a
NINE - b
ZERO - c
TV/RADIO - d
MENU - e
P- - f
P+ - 10
UP - 11
LEFT - 12
OK - 13
RIGHT - 14
DOWN - 15
EXIT - 16
MUTE - 18
YELLOW - 1a
GUIDE - 1b
RED - 1c
GREEN - 1d
BLUE - 1e
VOL+ - 1f
VOL- - 40
BACK - 41
OPT+ - 42
INFO - 43
AUDIO - 45
SUB - 46
PORTAL - 4b
SLEEP - 4c
LIST - 4d
WIDE - 4e
V-FORMAT - 4f
PLAY - 60
REC - 61
PAUSE - 62
STOP - 63
FF - 64
REW - 65
SKIP/BACK - 66
SKIP/FORW - 67
ADDBOOKMARK - 6a
BOOKMARKS - 6b
SLOW - 6c
TEXT - 6e
MEDIA - 6f
PVR - 80
TV - 81
DVD - 82
AUDIOD - 83
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
I was trying to change some buttons in RM but can't see how. I was trying to add this

The hex codes that you posted need to be converted to decimal before you can enter them in RM. However, almost all those buttons are already in the RM files that I created, there are just 4 new buttons there:

PVR 128
TV 129
DVD 130
AUDIOD 131
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mihaid wrote:

The hex codes that you posted need to be converted to decimal before you can enter them in RM. However, almost all those buttons are already in the RM files that I created, there are just 4 new buttons there:

PVR 128
TV 129
DVD 130
AUDIOD 131

Thank you.

However, the file you posted for mode 2 does not work. Unless I'm doing something wrong again.

Edit It does work.

How can I change the name from Custom to sthing useful?
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mihaid wrote:

PVR 128
TV 129
DVD 130
AUDIOD 131

Thank you for those files.
One thing that I haven't mastered is how do I change for example: "Custom13" to "Skip fwd"
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
One thing that I haven't mastered is how do I change for example: "Custom13" to "Skip fwd"

"Custom13" is a button name.

Which of the following questions are you really asking:
1) I want to change which function is assigned to the Custom13 button (ie, change it from "Media" to "Skip+"
2) I want to move the "Skip+" function from it's current button to a different button.
3) I want to rename the Custom13 button
4) Some other question.

If it's #1, open the RMDU file using RM, navigate to the Buttons tab and then drag the designed function onto the space to the right of the Custom13 button.

If it's #2, open the RMDU file using RM, navigate to the Buttons tab and then drag the "Skip+" function onto the space to the right of the desired button.

If it's #3, you can't, that's part of the Slingplayer software.

If it's #4, please provide a more detailed description of what you're trying to do.
mihaid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mihaid wrote:

"Custom13" is a button name.

Which of the following questions are you really asking:
1) I want to change which function is assigned to the Custom13 button (ie, change it from "Media" to "Skip+"
2) I want to move the "Skip+" function from it's current button to a different button.
3) I want to rename the Custom13 button
4) Some other question.

If it's #1, open the RMDU file using RM, navigate to the Buttons tab and then drag the designed function onto the space to the right of the Custom13 button.

If it's #2, open the RMDU file using RM, navigate to the Buttons tab and then drag the "Skip+" function onto the space to the right of the desired button.

If it's #3, you can't, that's part of the Slingplayer software.

If it's #4, please provide a more detailed description of what you're trying to do.

It is #3 change the name from Custom13 to Media.
I don't think it's the slingplayer software since the software remote for mode 1 does not have any Custom buttons, they are called the same as the real remote, so the Media button is called Media.
I would show you pictures but don't know how to attach them here.[/img]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just do the remote codes here, if you think you do have the ability to rename buttons in the Slingplayer software you should seek help with that on the Slingbox forums. If you find out how to do it, please report back here.
mihaid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thanks.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Rob, there is no way to rename the Custom buttons. I am confused by your statement "..the software remote for mode 1 does ...". What is 'mode 1' ? I have never heard that expression before in relation to a Slingbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: