JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BIN codes for Philips DVP 3150V
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, all I can do is build it according to the transmissions I get from my Harmony. There would be no logic in using a different protocol. Unless the experts know differently ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, I had imported your first attempt on my desktop and it had showed up as RC5/6 combo, I imported the latest bin and its showing up as panasonic. I don't know if I have a bad version of RMIR on this laptop, but I suspect that its the zip file that is the problem.

Once you correct that, we'll be back to RC5 and RC6 issues. I used an exact match of the harmony things, and the numeric buttons are all repeated in RC5. I think the reason the buttons were not working has to do with the viewing mode of the DVD/VCR button being incompatible with the RC6 buttons. Look at the RDMU I posted, and you'll see what I mean.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops again . That what comes of trying to built 3 Custom Remotes at the same time. I've done it again, properly I hope, now at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11418

If that doesn't work and I recompile using RC5 do I use the 5 as the Device Number ? Becasue from my Harmony I am only getting RC6, Device 4.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
If that doesn't work and I recompile using RC5 do I use the 5 as the Device Number ? Becasue from my Harmony I am only getting RC6, Device 4.

Alan, while the DVP3150V didn't have the keys, the DVP3150V/37 did have the keys that the user needs. Just use my RDMU file and get the VCR number buttons.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
byrdley20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all, I haven't had a chance to test out the latest remote by Alan. Kids will do that to you Smile I will try it as soon as possible and report back my findings. Thanks for your patience!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we will never get the feedback on this one. Time to give up I think Sad
byrdley20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get you feedback, I promise. My slingbox is hooked up at my dad's house, and he had to unplug it to use the network cable for something else. Once he gets it hooked back up, I'll try the latest file out and let you know. Again, sorry for the delay.
byrdley20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got my dad to hook it back up and tested it out tonight. This time none of the buttons work. What if I said that I don't need the power button? Just the channel up/down & number keys (or even one of these is ok). Would that make things easier?

Thanks for your patience. Sorry about the long disappearance.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrdley20 wrote:
What if I said that I don't need the power button? Just the channel up/down & number keys (or even one of these is ok). Would that make things easier?
Afraid not. And you really need to somehow check the IR Blasters are actually firing otherwise we are wasting our time. http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000042.html
byrdley20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they are firing. The files you posted on Oct. 20 worked for the power button, but nothing else. So that tells me they are firing fine. Any other ideas? Should I just go buy a different VCR?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
OK, just to make sure, I have updated my original attempt with the buttons now mapped.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11418

Just give it a try

Al, could you post the RM file that you're using please.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swore I was going to stay out of this thread, because the byrdleys slow response is driving me nuts, but I can't keep from meddling.

Ssmething really seems to be wrong with the zip file at file id 11418. I had looked at it earlier and it had 4 bins, now it has 2 bins and they are nonsensical.

So I've uploaded a zip file with replacements Y2000 uses the VCR functions and Y2001 is DVD mode.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11506

I believe Y2000 is what the user needs.

Good Luck byrdley

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Something really seems to be wrong with the zip file at file id 11418. I had looked at it earlier and it had 4 bins, now it has 2 bins and they are nonsensical.
Odd. I just checked it and it looks fine. I downloaded the BIN files and imported the PL one into RM and it was fine, using RC6 Device 4. What are you seeing ?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Al, could you post the RM file that you're using please.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11507
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Something really seems to be wrong with the zip file at file id 11418. I had looked at it earlier and it had 4 bins, now it has 2 bins and they are nonsensical.
Odd. I just checked it and it looks fine. I downloaded the BIN files and imported the PL one into RM and it was fine, using RC6 Device 4. What are you seeing ?

The PL file was using pid:0058 and the RV file was using a NEC1. So I rechecked the name of the zip file and the extract path. Both were fine. I re-extracted them, and carefully inspected the bin number. So, I really thought maybe it was my version of RM, so I created the bins myself and imported them and RM worked fine. I have a rather poor internet connection, but I assume if the download didn't go right I'd get an error message during the extract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: