JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I do anything with this remote? (URC-100)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Can I do anything with this remote? (URC-100) Reply with quote

My friend has a Universal Remote Control model URC-100 this remote also has pins in the battery area so I was wondering is this remote hackable? via JP1 or another method?
I also have another question is there a business relationship between One For All and Universal Remote Control?

Thanks
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it is not, its made by URC inc, only remotes from UEI are jp1-able.

The only thing urc-100 has going for it is learning memory, it will never run out of it, you can teach a command to every key in every device without ever running out of memory.

Whats bad about it, is getting it to learn in the first place, all the remotes in that series from URC, the urc-100, urc-200, and urc-300 has a bug that it may take 10 to 20 tries to get it to learn a single command. I know what causing this, the RF antenna built in is in the way of IR pick-up window for learning. Needs to be bent out of the way.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I do anything with this remote? (URC-100) Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
...I also have another question is there a business relationship between One For All and Universal Remote Control?
One For All (UEI) and Universal Remote Control (URC) are direct competitors, so I imagine their relationship is like that of AMD and Intel or Coke and Pepsi.

If you meant what is One-for-all's relationship with UEI, then the answer is that One-for-all is a brand made by UEI, like Chevy is a brand made by GM.

The part that may be causing you some confusion is that both UEI and URC make remotes with "URC" in the model number. So your friend's URC-100 is made by Universal Remote Control (URC) and my URC-8910 is made by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI).

If you want a JP1 remote similar to the URC-100, then you need a URC-9910 or Radio Shack 15-100. The latter is JP1-able but it takes some effort and soldering skills to add the pins. The former is JP1 out of the box. The 8910 is also an option if you don't need RF or don't mind using a 3rd party RF system like Next Generation. All are discontinued, so ebay is probably your best bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: