JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to change Fixed Data in Remote Master for WMC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crawfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: How to change Fixed Data in Remote Master for WMC? Reply with quote

The Windows Media Center remote has a Remote ID property that allows multiple remotes to be used in the same room without interfering with each other. I found an earlier discussion about this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6339

Changing the Fixed Data last byte as described works fine in the KM spreadsheet, and I've been using it for a long time. However, today I'm playing around with Remote Master, and "Fixed Data" is not editable. Moreover, I find that when I download the remote to RM, I get a different Fixed Data and no lengthy protocol like when I use KM. By installing upgrades created with KM with Remote IDs 1 and 2, I determined that the Fixed Data as subsequently downloaded from the remote to RM varies in the next to last byte, from:

A9 32 95 55 55 AA 55 65

to:

A9 32 95 55 55 AA 56 65

This is similar to what needs to be done in KM as described in the thread I linked to, and I thought I would be able to edit the upgrade file, but RM ignores my changes and keeps this byte as 55 when I load it. So I'm stuck with Remote ID 1 if I use RM.

So basically I can't figure out how to use RM instead of KM and change the Remote ID. Any ideas?
cauer29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change Fixed Data in Remote Master for WMC? Reply with quote

crawfish wrote:
The Windows Media Center remote has a Remote ID property that allows multiple remotes to be used in the same room without interfering with each other. I found an earlier discussion about this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6339

Changing the Fixed Data last byte as described works fine in the KM spreadsheet, and I've been using it for a long time. However, today I'm playing around with Remote Master, and "Fixed Data" is not editable. Moreover, I find that when I download the remote to RM, I get a different Fixed Data and no lengthy protocol like when I use KM. By installing upgrades created with KM with Remote IDs 1 and 2, I determined that the Fixed Data as subsequently downloaded from the remote to RM varies in the next to last byte, from:

A9 32 95 55 55 AA 55 65

to:

A9 32 95 55 55 AA 56 65

This is similar to what needs to be done in KM as described in the thread I linked to, and I thought I would be able to edit the upgrade file, but RM ignores my changes and keeps this byte as 55 when I load it. So I'm stuck with Remote ID 1 if I use RM.

So basically I can't figure out how to use RM instead of KM and change the Remote ID. Any ideas?

From one of the MCE upgrades:

There are 1-8 addresses set on the remote by pressing DVD Menu and number buttons 1-8 together until the remote blinks twice. The following are the Device numbers for each address mode. The OEM2 number stays the same. The address mode needs to be changed on the computer as well to match the remote.
Address 1 = 4 (default)
Address 2 = 20
Address 3 = 36
Address 4 = 52
Address 5 = 68
Address 6 = 84
Address 7 = 100
Address 8 = 116

So, set the device to the address desired on the RM setup and keep the OEM2 value at 15. The fixed data will be automatically calculated for you. I assume that you're using the real MCE protocol and not some "manual settings" thing that was cobbled together in KM. The fixed data matches what I see in RM. So, you must be using the real MCE protocol.

A.A.
crawfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed. Here's a link to the upgrade for anyone who stumbles upon this thread:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5532

There are a bunch of WMC upgrades whose names start with "Windows", but this one starting with "Microsoft" looks like the one to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: