JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RF Quality of HTPro (9910)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ankur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: RF Quality of HTPro (9910) Reply with quote

Hi All,

I wanted to ask you how your range was with the RF extender that comes with the 9910 remotes. I hooked everything up that came with my HTPro and let me tell you that it is not good at all. To make it work, I basically have to hold the remote right in front of the extender black screen and then have the black screen pointed right at the device (incline it up a bit to get a direct line of sight with the device). If I have the extender sitting on the floor, it just doesn't work for the most part.

Thus far it is pretty useless for me. I wanted to see if this was a defect or if I was doing something wrong here.

Thanks.
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that is a defect. signals should transmit further. IR signals should transmit at leas the length of a standard room (is there such a thing?)

I would exchange it. Had the same problem with my Thomson DVD player, it would not respond unless I was 3 feet away, changed it and it now works across the room.

Dave

Dave
ankur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram - thanks for taking a shot at this. However, the IR signal works perfectly. It is the RF base station where I am having problems with. I'm not sure whether it is the signal from remote to base (RF) or the signal from base to devices (IR).

BTW - I have a feeling that this post should have been posted in either the Beginners or the General forum. Moderators - please feel free to move this thread if you feel necessary.

Thanks.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ankur wrote:
daveoram - thanks for taking a shot at this. However, the IR signal works perfectly. It is the RF base station where I am having problems with. I'm not sure whether it is the signal from remote to base (RF) or the signal from base to devices (IR).

Sometimes I've had to fiddle with the angle of the base station relative to the device, but after finding the right angle I've always had success with the base station being at least 2-3 feet away from the devices. I agree with daveoram -- it sounds like a hardware defect to me. Since they came together return both of them and try new ones.

If you want to try one more thing, try the IR extender that comes with the base station. It has an 1/8" jack (like headphones that plug into a Walkman) on one end and an ir emitter. I'm assuming these still come with the RF remotes.
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, perhaps I wasnt too clear in mt reply,

What I assumed was that your remote controlled the equipment OK before you tried it with the RF extender - implying it was the RF unit that may be duff.

Will try and make it clearer next time ( or post my reply BEFORE I have a few beers!)

Dave

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: