JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA Remote RCRP05BR Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fgshelton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: RCA Remote RCRP05BR Codes Reply with quote

I received an RCA home Theater system, model number RTD3133H as a long service gift from work. When the remote only partially worked (and I could not return it) I purchased a Universal Remote by RCA RCRP05BR.

I managed to find a code on the instruction sheet under TV/DVD Combo that gives me partial functionality, but I cannot access the DVD menu, and the Home Theater menu pops up on the screen, but I cannot make any selections. After searching the Web, I learned a little bit about EFC Codes.

I'm looking for the 5-digit EFC codes for the RTD3133H Home Theater system. I would also like the EFC codes for my VIZIO TV, model E3D420VX and Direct TV Satellite receiver with built in DVR if possible (I can't find the model number on this).

I am very much an amateur with these EFC codes, so I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell which setup code you are using with the RCA.
Vizio EFCs Use setup code TV 1758.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to know which setup code you are using, then we can look up the EFC codes
fgshelton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using setup code 1022. This will allow me to use play, pause, FF, RR, and stop. It will also allow me to adjust the volume. However I cannot access the DVD menu, or make changes within the home theater menu screen. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the technical info (for the experts), DVD/1022 uses the RCA Combo protocol, where the transport keys (ie, FWD, REW, etc) all come from device code 5.

I suspect that DVD/0522 might be a better code for working the DVD functions. DVD/0822 and DVD/0880 also appear to be similar codes.

If one of those codes are a better fit, please let us know what functions they do (and don't) work. You may need a different setup code to control the audio functions of your HT system.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RCA Remote RCRP05BR Codes Reply with quote

fgshelton wrote:
I managed to find a code on the instruction sheet under TV/DVD Combo that gives me partial functionality, but I cannot access the DVD menu, and the Home Theater menu pops up on the screen, but I cannot make any selections.

We haven't heard, how are you doing with this?

For the Hometheater menu issue try these
efc's with DVD/1022

52057 up arrow
52056 down arrow
52062 left arrow
52063 right arrow
52174 select
52077 menu

We really do need your feedback to give you the help you need

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: