JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes


FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR bug: DevCodeOffset problem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Robman
Site Owner


Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Posts: 18871
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: RMIR bug: DevCodeOffset problem Reply with quote

re: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14517

When you open an IR file for a remote that has a DevCodeOffset using RMIR, it displays the raw setup codes rather than the adjusted setup codes. However, it appears that it does adjust the code values when it's writing to the remote.

So, for example, if the true code value is SAT/2000, this should be displayed as SAT/2030 in a remote with DevCodeOffset=30, but it's being displayed as SAT/2000. Then when it writes back to the remote, it's subtracting 30 to actually write SAT/1970.
_________________
Rob
www.hifi-remote.com
Please don't PM me with remote questions, post them in the forums so all the experts can help!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mathdon
Expert


Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 3175
Location: Cambridge, UK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bug with DevCodeOffset has proved to be more complicated to fix than it appears to be at first sight. In the course of testing, I also discovered that 5-digit EFCs do not work in External Functions. I think both of these are now fixed. I have also improved the handling when no map file is specified in the RDF, or when the file specified does not exist.

None of these fixes were trivial, so there are a lot of minor changes to the code. Also, I have no remote on which I can test the DevCodeOffset fix for real, so I have had to go by what I think the binary data should look like. I would therefore be grateful for any testing of these fixes before they go into an official release.

Here is the jar file for RMIR v2.03 build 13, in which I think these issues are fixed. Simply replace the jar file of build 12 (or any other recent build) with this. Please report any testing in this thread.
_________________
Graham
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Robman
Site Owner


Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Posts: 18871
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your work Graham. I will notify user "Friday" as he was the one who reported the problem.
_________________
Rob
www.hifi-remote.com
Please don't PM me with remote questions, post them in the forums so all the experts can help!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
friday



Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

first i changed the rdf-file back to the original without out-commanding "devOffset=30" then i've downloaded the .jar file and replaced it into the RMIR directory.

after that i open RMIR and downloaded my remote. the setup-codes for the 3 devices are added by 30 as it should be like your description.
then i've wrote back to RC down again, a few times without any changes and the codes are stable now. no writing reduces by 30 like before. Very Happy

but then i thought i make a clear file (only for sure). i opened my last working rmir-file with an upgrade for my Pana TV with setup-code 2003. i imported again my rmdu and saved it with a different name in RMIR. so -> upload and down again but the codes are still the same (2003 fo TV) i can't see any offset now. i am confused.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mathdon
Expert


Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 3175
Location: Cambridge, UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friday wrote:
but then i thought i make a clear file (only for sure). i opened my last working rmir-file with an upgrade for my Pana TV with setup-code 2003. i imported again my rmdu and saved it with a different name in RMIR. so -> upload and down again but the codes are still the same (2003 fo TV) i can't see any offset now. i am confused.

Correct. You can't see any offset. The offsetting should be invisible to the user. You only see the added 30 when you open your existing .rmir file as you know what you saw before the bug was fixed. When you import a .rmdu file with setup code 2003, you should see it imported with code 2003. In the remote it will be 2003-30=1973, but you will never see that value.

If you want to check that all is well, create a setup with the upgrade present with code TV/2003 but not assigned to any device button. Upload it, then use the setup procedure of the remote to assign setup code 2003 to the TV button. It should work. If you try this and it doesn't work, please post again.
_________________
Graham
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Get Smart! the band's official homepage Rockabilly Central