JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WARNING: Not all current LG TVs have discrete power & in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: WARNING: Not all current LG TVs have discrete power & in Reply with quote

Two years ago I was so pleased with LG: See this

Based on this past experience I have recommended LG TVs to friends and family. A month ago I recommended the 42LV4400 to my sister-in-law. Imagine my surprise when I programmed her remote and it didn't respond to the discretes for power or input selection. After a lot of searching, I am convinced the this TV does not have them. In addition, it seems that LG went out of it's way to make sure there were none of the usual workarounds that allow you to get the TV to a known power state or known input state. What a pain.

It seems that it would have been more effort to make the programming different in this model than to just leave it as it like their other models. I can no longer make a blanket recommendation to people who ask. Bummer. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: