JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete Input Codes for Panasonic HTIB (SC/SA-BT230)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Discrete Input Codes for Panasonic HTIB (SC/SA-BT230) Reply with quote

This particular HTIB has a combination of discrete and next buttons to choose input: BD/DVD/SD, iPod, and Tuner/Ext.

The first two switch the device directly to BD/DVD/SD or iPod. But, the Tuner/Ext button scrolls between the internal FM Tuner and 4 external audio inputs.

(Even more complex, the BD/DVD/SD button also scrolls between BD/DVD and SD card. But, that's not really an issue for me.)

Does anybody have the discrete input codes, or better yet, a complete device file, for the newer Panasonic BD HTIB's? (The ones in the file section are all pretty old, pre BD.)

Thanks.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Discrete Input Codes for Panasonic HTIB (SC/SA-BT230) Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
Does anybody have the discrete input codes, or better yet, a complete device file, for the newer Panasonic BD HTIB's? (The ones in the file section are all pretty old, pre BD.)

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

garypen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll check them out.

BTW, what is an ICT file? I'm not familiar with that.
garypen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz - Thanks for going to all that trouble. But, looking at the function list, I see it's the same as with the original remote, and as I described in my original post.

It doesn't have discrete input functions for the external inputs. It has the same InputTuner function that toggles external inputs, and InputBDSD that toggles between disc and SD card, as the original remote. The only true discrete input function is InputIpod, which is also on the original remote.

I am still looking for a way to choose Digital Audio 1 or 2 directly, without needing to toggle.

But, again, thanks for your hard work capturing and converting.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
BTW, what is an ICT file? I'm not familiar with that.

An ICT file generated by IR Scope. In this cause, I used it with an IR widget to record the respective IR signals.

garypen wrote:
eferz - Thanks for going to all that trouble. But, looking at the function list, I see it's the same as with the original remote, and as I described in my original post. It doesn't have discrete input functions for the external inputs.

But, again, thanks for your hard work capturing and converting.

You're welcome. Glad to help. Sorry it doesn't. lol

garypen wrote:
It has the same InputTuner function that toggles external inputs, and InputBDSD that toggles between disc and SD card, as the original remote. The only true discrete input function is InputIpod, which is also on the original remote.

I am still looking for a way to choose Digital Audio 1 or 2 directly, without needing to toggle.

You could go discrete hunting if you want to actively pursuit it. This involves loading your remote with all the unknown OBCs for each of the known protocols. Then you basically sit there in front of your device pushing buttons until you get a response. Making a note of the responses and which button initiated it.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
...I am still looking for a way to choose Digital Audio 1 or 2 directly, without needing to toggle...
Hi garypen.

In case it helps when everyone seems to have probs with this, and since there are still no known discrete commands, here are some ideas.

We have SC-BTT370 Home theatre/BluRay and the useful buttons on the original remote are:-

1. 'Exit' to go to the Home screen,
and
2. 'Ipod' (with Radio Ext/In printed above it) which bumps from Home to the last (remembered) input.

One of the problems is that the HT takes 35secs to start from full mains power off, or less from standby but still goes first to Home.

Therefore, unless you can somehow use long delays, you need function 'Ipod ' / 'Radio Ext/In' allocated to a button in each device, and keymove from the HT device seemed ok for this, which bumps to the last used input after starting up.

Once you are up and running you need a macro for each input which you need to use, as follows.

- Function 'Exit', to put the HT into the 'Home' screen as a known starting point.

...Then the following commands are required to navigate the menus of the HT to the input you want...

e.g. to go to 'Dig-In' for optical input
- Arrow Up
- Arrow Left
- Select/Ok
- Arrow Right
- Select/Ok

The Macro which works with our setup for e.g. Input 'Dig-In' is:
AUD; Exit; AUD; AUD; AUD; AUD; Up; Left; AUD; Ok; AUD; Right; Ok; TV (no spaces in the real thing)

It does need some pauses (AUD) but avoids the timing which is needed for annoying manual adjustment, just using 'Ipod', which often leads to overshooting and having to do it all again!

Regards
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: