JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2116ext2 LKP w/ device button problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miketchow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: 2116ext2 LKP w/ device button problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I read through many posts and tried many suggested ways to configure my 2116 but after many hours of efforts, I can't get the remote to work properly.

I wanted to use the TV button (short KP = TV select mode; LKP = TV select mode + discrete_on_TV). I'm planning to put similar macro/KM for the other devices once I got this to work.

Here is my latest:

Macro:
Phantom2=SET_TRANS_KEYS;SET_CHAN_KEYS;SET_MENU_KEYS;SET_PIP_KEYS;SET_OTHER_KEYS

TV= DEV_TV;phantom3

TV 'SHIFT-phantom3' 'db-13' 'MISC' '1107' '$52 $50 $54 $56 $20 $30 $31 $36 $36'

TV 'DiscreteON' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$A7'
TV 'DiscreteOFF' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$27'
TV 'phantom3' 'db-12' 'MISC' '1106' '$21 $81 $C1'
TV 'SHIFT-TV' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$68 $7A $B9 $2E'

TV 'xs_TV' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$68 $2A $81'
Everything works with the exception of Shift-TV and xs_TV's commands. I tried TV's actual power on and power off ($A7 & $27) commands in S-TV & xs_TV instead and SKP & LKP both were working so I assume the problem is in the Shift-TV and xs_TV's commands. I have also used discreteon and discreteoff keys ($2A & $2B) in the S-TV & xs_TV but they don't appears to be working.

It appear that the remote does not recongnite Keymove commands. I tried moving the keymove around a bit but still not working.
Anyone have suggestion on how to do this correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2116ext2 LKP w/ device button problem Reply with quote

miketchow wrote:

TV 'SHIFT-TV' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$68 $7A $B9 $2E'

TV 'xs_TV' 'TV' 'TV' '0166' '$68 $2A $81'

It appears to me that you are using the incorrect DEVICE in your attempted LKP KeyMoves. The device you have here is your basic TV device. As such, it will not recognize the Buttons you are attempting to assign (as if it were a DSM), it's only attempting to send the actual Hex Code that follows. I don't even know what it does with anything beyond the first byte (or perhaps the first two, if it's a two-byte protocol). For these functions, you need to use the DSM protocol (Device MISC/1103), and not TV/0166, or assign them as universal macros to s_TV and xs_TV respectively on the Macros page.
miketchow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried both as DSM and Marco as advised and they both work as expected.

Now I'm going to do the same for the other device buttons.

Smile Smile Smile Thanks Capn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: