JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kameleon urc- 6962BOO and Motorola VIP 1200 please.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raymondeast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Kameleon urc- 6962BOO and Motorola VIP 1200 please. Reply with quote

Hi I have a all for one kameleon urc-6962BOO. And I just got a Motorola VIP 1200 hd cable receiver. (bell express vu.). I have looked for hours on the net and tried all kinds of codes and no luck. Does anyone PLEASE have a code for this? And if not can I use one of those cables to hook it up to the pc?

Device. Is a Motorola VIP 1200
Type. hd fiber optic cable/dvr box (bell expresss vu)
Year. 2012. Just got 1 month ago
Uei remote model. All for one kameleon urc-6962 Boo
No jp1 cable
Yes I have the original remote
Yes I checked the file section.(not to sure what file to look for) sorry
Pronto file section. Yes and same as above
Partially working set up code. Yes. The power button works with original cable button
Learing remote question. I tried to teach the the kameleon from my original remote. And it does not work
Jp1 look up tool. Yes.

Last edited by raymondeast on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

You have lots of options. The Motorola 1200 uses a Nokia 32 protocol as seen is setup code Cable/0858.. There isn't anything like that setup built in to your remote as far as I know.

Most Kameleons have learning, so a head to head learn of the signals is an option.

Most Kameleons are wav upgradeable so you can use our tools to build an upgrade WAV and play it over your PC speakers to add the setup code to your remote,

Or you can get a cable and add the setup code to the remote. The advantage to useing the cable is that you can set up two way communication with the remote.

Now seeing that you are new the community, let me point out that you didn't fill out the proper template to get an answer.

Please read the instructions.
raymondeast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Kameleons are wav upgradeable so you can use our tools to build an upgrade WAV and play it over your PC speakers to add the setup code to your remote,

Sorry I have checked the file section. My motorola is 6 months old and I do not have a cable. I am interested in the wav file. Or cable to what ever would be more straight forward since this is all new to me. Where can I get the wav file and which tool can I use to play it back. Sorry im a newbie. And have read and read. My wife is going to kill me I have spent hours on pc ha ha. Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since it turns out that this model doesn't have the modem, it isn't Wav upgradable after all. You still have the option of head to head learn.

That means your remote can "record" the signal from the OEM remote. Almost all signals are recordable. Look in the remote manual or read the wiki to see how to use learning.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
raymondeast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raymondeast wrote:

Sorry I have checked the file section. My motorola is 6 months old and I do not have a cable. I am interested in the wav file. Or cable to what ever would be more straight forward since this is all new to me. Where can I get the wav file and which tool can I use to play it back. Sorry im a newbie. And have read and read. My wife is going to kill me I have spent hours on pc ha ha. Thanks.
I have tried head to head learning and it does not work all I get is one long flash on the 6962 instead of 2 saying that it learned it. Should I set the remote back to factory settings then try again? And I have 3 motorolla models of receivers in the house they are VIP 2262 and vip1200 and 2202
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raymondeast wrote:
raymondeast wrote:

I have tried head to head learning and it does not work all I get is one long flash on the 6962 instead of 2 saying that it learned it. Should I set the remote back to factory settings then try again? And I have 3 motorolla models of receivers in the house they are VIP 2262 and vip1200 and 2202

A reset might help if the learning area is full or corrupt. Also learning the signals in a low light setting can improve your success rate. Sunlight and flourescent lighting can really mess up a signal capture.

Our VIP1200 upgrade that uses the Nokia 32 protocol, which is "learnable", but I don't know if the OEM remote shoots that protocol. Some equipment responds to several protocols, and if the OEM happened to use XMP this could be the issue. XMP signals don't can't be captured.

Speaking of multiple signals, you did try a code search too didn't you. As mentioned above, some equipment responds to multiple signals.
raymondeast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't fix a factory reset yet but like I said I have 3 different models of the moterola so I tried the remote with the 2202 and I was able to teach the 6962 the menu button, the on off, the channel up,the arrow up. And that's is it it would not learn anymore. Not the arrow down or menu. Etc. Why could this be. Thanks for your help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running into dyslexia problems here with this remote. Dave found that this remote doesn't have a modem, but the RDF indicates it might.

I've created a wav upgrade for the 6962 here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10996

To install the upgrade using the 997 upgrade procedure.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=997

If you get a double blink cable setup code to 0858

--------------------------

Learning

As far as the learning, this is good news. It means that the keys are learnable.

The old JP1 remotes don't have a whole lot of learning memory. I seem to recall that it will hold about 15 keys. If you have earlier learns this area could easily be full. A 981 Factory reset could solve that.

If you used learns to supplement built-in setup codes, you can use keymoves instead. Keymoves use a different area in memory.
raymondeast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I am running into dyslexia problems here with this remote. Dave found that this remote doesn't have a modem, but the RDF indicates it might.

I've created a wav upgrade for the 6962 here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10996

To install the upgrade using the 997 upgrade procedure.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=997

If you get a double blink cable setup code to 0858

Ok thanks. I will try that tonight when I get home. But if I recall I tried that code 997 last night and instead a double blink I got one long one... Does this mean I cannot input that number?

--------------------------

Learning

As far as the learning, this is good news. It means that the keys are learnable.

The old JP1 remotes don't have a whole lot of learning memory. I seem to recall that it will hold about 15 keys. If you have earlier learns this area could easily be full. A 981 Factory reset could solve that.

If you used learns to supplement built-in setup codes, you can use keymoves instead. Keymoves use a different area in memory.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raymondeast wrote:
Ok thanks. I will try that tonight when I get home. But if I recall I tried that code 997 last night and instead a double blink I got one long one... Does this mean I cannot input that number?

Well, according to the URC-6962 manual, it is upgradable via telphone, which indicates it has a modem. However they don't publish the sequence for getting the remote into WAV mode, so they could be using something other than a 997 command. The LCD remotes have an UPDATE selection on the menu, and MY kameleon follows the 997 command instructions, but I don't have a urc-6962 so perhaps it is a different technique.....

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
raymondeast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I may try to post to see if anyone had a code. And if you find one different could you please let me know ? Again thanks
raymondeast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks if i do use keymover do i move the key first then teach it a code eg.menu? or vice versa? thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raymondeast wrote:
if i do use keymover do i move the key first then teach it a code eg.menu? or vice versa? thanks

When you need to supplement a built in code, you don't need the learn. Instead we open an upgrade from the file section and look up an EFC value for the missing key. That EFC is used with the 994 command to setup up an EFC-style keymove. No Learning involved for the devices that have built in setup codes.

Good Luck!
raymondeast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks it worked I did a reset and then it cleared all the memory then I taught it commands. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: