JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic TV TX-P42G20B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TV TX-P42G20B Reply with quote

1. Device: Panasonic TX-P42G20B

2. Type of device: TV

3. Year: 2010

4. JP1/UEI Remote models: UE Atlas OCAP 5 1056 BA1 black Time Warner, RCA RCRP05, OFA 7950 ROO, URC7781 ROO

5. Do you have a JP1 cable? YES

6. Still have original remote? YES

7. Checked the file section? YES
Upgrade: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7701

- works for most codes and inter al provided discrete codes:-
HDM 1/ 2/ 3, so that HDMI 4 could be deduced because it had the consecutive OBC 179.

However I am still looking for a way to get the discrete command function "Input TV" (for the TV Satellite Tuner)

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes - the file for this discrete is not available

9. Partially working setup code (or upgrade)?
See 7. above
the code is TV/2000. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7701
(the sub device is 4 for some other OBCs)

10. Learning remotes:
I learned the "Input TV" (Sat TV tuner) command with URC 7950 and 7781 but in these cases learned signals are TV Device 128 OBC 48 with “sub device 2“, and DVD Device 128 OBC 48 with “sub device 2“, which prevents it being added into Atlas 1056 TV device’s functions with RMIR

11. In JP1 Lookup Tool not found, except link to plasma tv code in 7, above[/b]
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're not really looking for a code-- you've already learned it and decoded it. Panasonic IR protocol, device 128.2 OBC 48. That looks like a reasonable decode.

Why can't you put that into the RMIR? Just enter 2 in the subdevice column, and 48 in the OBC column.

Also, why are you using an upgrade from the Diagnosis file section? It is probably fine, but tested upgrades will be found in the Device Upgrades\TV file section.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
...Why can't you put that into the RMIR? Just enter 2 in the subdevice column, and 48 in the OBC column...
In the sub device column a drop down only offers 4 or 0, and 2 cannot be entered.

Another peculiarity is that if I alter something in the Functions page and save it, go to Layout, then return to Functions, the change has reverted. Perhaps there is something corrupted in the program RMIR and I need to try reinstalling it.
Quote:
Also, why are you using an upgrade from the Diagnosis file section? It is probably fine, but tested upgrades will be found in the Device Upgrades\TV file section.
I believe this was originally recommended to me in the forum.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault on the upgrade, the diag version was the closest match to his model.

Tranx,

If I start with the upgrade I recommended, there is no drop-down for subdevice, you just type in any number you want. Did you change the protocol by chance? If so, start with the original file again.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so we're all on the same page here, we can choose among several protocol executors to send Panasonic IR signals. The one called simply "Panasonic" allows one to specify only a single device/subdevice pair, but has the advantage that it only requires one byte per function. Panasonic MIX Combo takes two bytes, but allows specifying a combination of up to 6 devices and subdevices. This would work with your TV, and so would Panasonic Mixed Combo, but even simpler is:

Panasonic Combo, which allows specifying one device (128) and any subdevice. That is the executor used in the upgrade file you've linked. As mdavej suggests, probably you switched to a different executor. Just make sure to use Panasonic Combo, and everything will work.

So why are there so many possibilities? For example, the Pansonic Home Theater systems uses multiple device and subdevice numbers. But Panasonic TVs tend to be more simple.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the help.

First the protocol for the TV Device I had used was Combo MIX and reloading that device while changing that to Panasonic Combo did allow the learned function OBC to be entered without insisting on sub device 2, although afterwards, together with everything else, it did not work.

However, in the process I discovered that I had originally posted the device details wrongly! and in fact had used a completely different device (could not discover where from). That did feature Panasonic MIX combo as you had deduced, but I am pretty sure that it had done so from the start (I take it that, when loading an upgrade, by default it is installed with its designated protocol, unless one purposefully changes it)

Various problems have accumulated, such as the TV device's sound punch through to the Home Theatre ceasing to work for no obvious reason, and greyed out key moves appearing from nowhere when I thought that no built in codes were in use, while I had learned how to enter some key moves and try out the odd macro.

Apologies that my file 'system' for images and upgrades has become incomprehensible so, with the faltering functionality also in mind, I was already near having to start from scratch again with the current project. I am sure the info provided will be useful for next time but more apologies are due because you cannot be expected to sort things out when I have failed to define the problem.

Two questions, please:-

1.) At least: do I now understand it correctly that, upon discovering a potentially suitable upgrade, in combination with the Panasonic Home Theatre SC-BTT370 I should have successfully been able to choose devices which relied upon 'Panasonic' protocol, or 'Panasonic MIX combo' or 'Panasonic Mixed Combo' so long as I did not change the protocol of the Device while adding it?

2.) If I need some key moves, can they simply be converted into functions in devices where they are not 'native' by adding their OBC's to those devices? Perhaps I am confused but it seems this question is related to my original problem: It might seem that the question arises again as to whether different protocols could allow OBCs from a different device to be included.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: