JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

extract current remote config to KM from IR.exe ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWsRME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: extract current remote config to KM from IR.exe ??? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

To try and keep it short.... I have a RS 15-2116 remote...I have customized it to about 80% of where I want to be.

been a while and am reading up again. But the BIG thing is I lost my customized Device codes ( the txt files from KM) I was a good boy and saved them after customizing...but....my computer bit the dust and have LOST all that data.

I have made a backup of the current config....in IR.exe.......

Is there a way to get that IR.exe "backup" info back into KM to save my current settings (as txt Files) for EACH device Code and work with them further...or do I have to start from scratch!!!!!

I am just not educated enough to write the codes in IR itself...A beginner like me REALLY likes the KM files......

I want to ADD to what I already have....but w/o the currently config. txt files Im afraid of "Leaping" backwards!!!

Being a beginner it took me a bit to get to this step!! ( and a lot of trial and error.)

Thanks to all for your time and guidance......
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is only one thing you can do. Any device upgrades will show up under the devices tab. It'll list the buttons and their efcs. Use these to rebuild the upgrade. If there are any as keymoves, they'll show on the keymove tab, just look for the upgrade setup code #.
Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR will give you all the EFCs that are assigned to each button, but it won't tell you what the function really is, so you'll have to get that from your memory (ie, what does the PIP button do is DVD mode, etc)

IR won't tell you the protocol or device code info, but most of the experts here would be easily able to tell you that just from looking at your IR.exe file, so you should post it in the Diagnosis Area.

Of course, if you had loaded up your KM files for others to share (in the Yahoo Device Codes folder) you'd be able to download them yourself! Smile

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the file section to see if someone else has saved KM files for your devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: