JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba TV 26AV502, wirh URC-7557
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonydix

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Toshiba TV 26AV502, wirh URC-7557 Reply with quote

1. Device: Toshiba TV 26AV502
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: urc7557
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes but has failed
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? yes 508
10. Learning remote question? no
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?yes didnt understand

Sorry about the oother post. Thanks
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

Since you have a cable, this should be easy enough to do. Is this the first upgrade that you have created?

From the JP1 Lookup tool I found that
TV/0508 sends a NEC1 64 signal set.

I used the JP1 Master sheet to see that we have many Toshiba upgrades that use Nec1 64 signals.

I like the looks of this KM file for most of your upgrade
Toshiba Toshiba 37AV500U LCD upgrade

And check out this RDMU file for some discrete codes that might work with your setup
Toshiba Regza LCD 47HL167 some discretes

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same TV set that you had problems with back in December? Did you fix that problem?

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same TV but with a different remote. I seem to have bad luck with remotes !! Thanks for the help
Tony
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
It is the same TV but with a different remote. I seem to have bad luck with remotes !! Thanks for the help
Tony

Back then you suspected that the problem was the IR receiver in the set itself, were you able to eventually rule that out as the problem? In other words, have you been able to control the TV using a remote since then?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
I seem to have bad luck with remotes !!

Me too! That's what led me to this hobby. My OEM remotes kept failing, and there was always some key feature that wouldn't be on a universal remote, like add or subtract channels. A replacement OEM remote was almost the cost of a new unit. Enter the JP1 remote, where all the features could be accessed for all my equipment in a single remote, and all remotes could be configured pretty much the same way, so when we use the TV in the basement, or the TV in the family room, or the TV in the office, they all are layed out the same and work the same.
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Various problems Reply with quote

I am sorry to be a pain and I appreciate the help I have been given so far I am attemting to control a toshiba TV 26AV502 with a URC 7557 remote. I particularly need the pic size and the input buttons to work on the 7557.

Problem 1
I connect my W7 laptop to the 7557 with Tommys USB cable.
When I run Remote Master I get the red green activity on the USB connection but I never get any results and the download message at the bottom keeps scrolling for over a minute after led activity has finished. I eventually close the program.

IR version 8.03 seems to work fine and downloads and displays info from my remote. In particolur code 508 is a partially working code for my setup.

Problem 2
I read JP1 for begginers and try to follow all the advice I get to

"Open the Devices4 spreadsheet as a second file so that you can easily switch between it and the upgrade spreadsheet. This is where we'll get the remaining data for the spreadsheet, including Protocol name, device codes, and button codes. After selecting VCR in cell B2 (always select Device Type with the drop-down menu, don't try and type it in) and typing 0616 in cell B3 the display should look like Figure 10. (Be sure to hit Enter after typing in the Setup Code number.)

I try to enter TV and 0508 in the appropiate cells and the sheet just populates with N/A everywhere !!

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
Tony
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JP1 For Beginners guide was written in 2001 so there's been a few changes since then, you might be better off using the Wiki.

Anyway, the reason why the devices4.xls spreadsheet doesn't list the TV/0508 setup code is because that spreadsheet only lists setup codes that are present in the 15-1994 remote. If you want to use that spreadsheet, a similar setup code is TV/0156, which is also for Toshiba TVs.

However, that's not going to get you the info that you need, because you're looking for buttons that are also not present on the 15-1994 remote.

What you need to do is find a similar Toshiba TV set in the file section and then download it to see if it includes the codes for the two buttons that you need (ie, Pic Size and Input). I randomly picked the upgrade for a Toshiba 37AV500U LCD and it shows the PIC SIZE button as OBC 84, EFC 100, and the INPUT button (labeled TV/VCR) as OBC 64, EFC 165.

So, what is your goal here? Do you want to keep using TV/0508 with the extra buttons programmed using Key Moves, or do you want to load an upgrade into the remote to control the TV? Either way, you should have the info that you need to move forward now.
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help. My goal is to try to use the 7557 as a replacement for the original tv remote and also to use it to control satellite boxes.
The TV did have a problem and about 2 months ago I replaced the IR receiver with a new one. Following this the TV worked perfectly with the original remote. The original remote died about 1 week ago hence my renewed interest.
I am very grateful for your help.
Thanks
Tony
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
My goal is to try to use the 7557 as a replacement for the original tv remote

Yeah, I guessed that much, what I meant was, how do you intend to program the 7557? Ie, using keymoves with TV/0508 or using a new upgrade?
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to create a new upgrade. First for the TV which is most urgent and then later and as my skills develop for the satellite boxes which at the moment have working remotes.
Thanks
Tony
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have enough info to proceed now?
tonydix

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. I have now succeeded in getting the pic size and the input to work on the 7557. I then discovered that I needed the direction arrows and the OK in order to make a selection. I have now achieved all of this using keymoves. I will continue to add more key moves until i have all features of the original remote working then I will try to build an upgrade.
I hope this is a sensible approach.
Thanks for your help
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
I think so. I have now succeeded in getting the pic size and the input to work on the 7557. I then discovered that I needed the direction arrows and the OK in order to make a selection. I have now achieved all of this using keymoves. I will continue to add more key moves until i have all features of the original remote working then I will try to build an upgrade.
I hope this is a sensible approach.
Thanks for your help
Tony

That's one way of doing it, and if you didn't have a cable that would be the only way of doing it, but building an upgrade is a better way of doing it. Building the upgrade uses less remote memory, and its easier to manage in the long run. However I was terrified of doing an upgrade, (don't ask me why Rolling Eyes ) and it took me 6 years to get up the nerve to install one. In that time the tools matured to where they keep track of the functions assigned to the upgrade, and the functions assigned to keymoves. It makes it real easy to build a new remote image, if you have all your upgrades in RM or KM files. It also helps when you move your equipment to a different viewing area.
tonydix

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much could you explain ;-

It also helps when you move your equipment to a different viewing area.

Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: