JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New idea: WAV files to drive IR emitter/blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zibri

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rechecked. Nothing.
VolUp and VolDown don't work with the generated wavs on an iPad Sad
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zibri wrote:
Barf wrote:

@Zibri: note that IrMaster allows you to choose between "stereo" and mono.

Hmm ok I found the option, I don't see the phase inversion flag for stereo waveforms. You should add one.

The "stereo" signal comes with the channels in opposite phases. (As can be read in the documentation or the popup help.) I do not plan on adding an option to generate two identical channels, since it would be useless.
Zibri

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Zibri wrote:
Barf wrote:

@Zibri: note that IrMaster allows you to choose between "stereo" and mono.

Hmm ok I found the option, I don't see the phase inversion flag for stereo waveforms. You should add one.

The "stereo" signal comes with the channels in opposite phases. (As can be read in the documentation or the popup help.) I do not plan on adding an option to generate two identical channels, since it would be useless.

Yep. my bad. 2 identical channels = mono.
JackV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Generating IR for TV Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a newbie when I comes to IR but I have created a dual IR transmitter connected to my Iphone. It works fine with apps that transmit signals to the home-made IR unit.

However, I want to create a WAV file so I can wake up to my TV from my Iphone (Iphone can be used to wakeup to music or any audio file).

So I thought I would just plug in my iphone headphone jack to my PC. I was able to record the file. But when I play it back through the Iphone (or PC) with the home-made IR attached, nothing happens.

I assume the sound is not clean. I've spent hours make sure that the WAV file was fine, using Audacity. I even equalized the file so I reflect a digital square wave instead of analog. But nothing works. I'm pulling what ever hair I have left out trying to get this work.

What am I doing wrong? How do I generate a POWER ON wave file for my Vizio TV?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model Vizio TV
JackV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
What model Vizio TV

Vizio E322VL
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think E series Vizio's use Nec1 Dev 4 OBC 8 for power.

Give this a try.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12096
JackV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I think E series Vizio's use Nec1 Dev 4 OBC 8 for power.

Give this a try.

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try when I get home.

I want to learn how this is done. What software do you use to produce these wav files and why my recordings always fail with the techniques I use.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackV wrote:

I want to learn how this is done. What software do you use to produce these wav files and why my recordings always fail with the techniques I use.

I used an obscure feature of IRScope to create your wav. I've only done this once before, but I ended up telling that user off, so of course I never got any feedback. So I would really like to know if this worked or not.

I think you would want to do this via IRPMaster, and java script. I'd like to know how to do that too. Perhaps Barf will enlighten us.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Vicky: Feedback on your wave file: It is a 48k, 16bit, 2-channen anti-phase ("stereo") file, containing the claimed signal. Most remarkably, it ends with approximately 9 seconds(!) of silence. This is clearly suboptimal. (How I analyzed the wave file: Importing in IrMaster.)

IrMaster (that is without the "p") can generate a wave file like this (not the 9 seconds of silence however Wink ), with some additional options: Make sure that the export option is enabled (Options -> Enable Componenets -> Enable export pane) Just select the export pane within the IR protocols pane, select nec1 as protocol, set D=4 and F=8, press "Export". Done!

You do now want to know how to do this from the command line or from Java. Period. BTW, Javascript has not much in common with Java.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Barf,

HOW did you import it into IRMaster?

Quote:
IrMaster (that is without the "p") can generate a wave file like this (not the 9 seconds of silence however Wink ), with some additional options: Make sure that the export option is enabled (Options -> Enable Componenets -> Enable export pane) Just select the export pane within the IR protocols pane, select nec1 as protocol, set D=4 and F=8, press "Export". Done!

I thought you were doing this with IRPMaster with Achin. . . .

And yes I would like to know how to do this. It is not crucial for me to do, but it would be nice to know how. If I know how, I can recommend it.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:

IrMaster (that is without the "p") can generate a wave file like this (not the 9 seconds of silence however Wink ), .

Thanks for that, I had IRScope set for what I normally do, 9000 units of listening for capturing keys, forgot to cut that down to 500 units for a single capture.

The file has been reduced in size and time.
same link

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! This really is simple!

JackV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Barf wrote:

IrMaster (that is without the "p") can generate a wave file like this (not the 9 seconds of silence however Wink ), .

Thanks for that, I had IRScope set for what I normally do, 9000 units of listening for capturing keys, forgot to cut that down to 500 units for a single capture.

same link

The second one works great.

So now I'm curious.

A few apps in the iTunes store allow for learning TV remote options. I can take any remote and point it a IR receiver diode and the app reproduces the sound/signal. All within the that little IOS app.

How are they doing that?
JackV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackV wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Barf wrote:

same link

The second one works great.

So now I'm curious.

A few apps in the iTunes store allow for learning TV remote options. I can take any remote and point it a IR receiver diode and the app reproduces the sound/signal. All within the that little IOS app.

How are they doing that?

Also, I need to convert this to MP3 to work with Alarm clock apps. Converting it to MP3 caused it not to work. I used Audacity and exported it as 128 kbps / stereo output. Playing around with the limited settings did not produce the desired results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: