JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba MW27FP1 (CRT) TV VCR/DVD combo - URC-6012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob69 wrote:
Ok, got the TV menu to come up but not sure if I did it correctly as the TV Menu does comes up now on the TV screen when in TV mode and I press Menu. The typical list of things like Clock to set the time, but the arrows around the Select button do not work, can't move the selection around to do anything.

Try the VOL and CH buttons, sometimes CH+/- are up/down and VOL+/- are right/left. If that's true, I can help you re-program the arrow buttons to be copies of the vol/ch buttons.

bob69 wrote:
I also messed up while trying to set the TV menu, I hit the Info button instead of Menu so now that doesn't work in TV mode; it still works in CBL mode however.

Here's how you fix the INFO button in TV mode.

1) Tap the TV button
2) Hold the SETUP button, 2 flashes
3) Type 994
4) Tap the INFO button twice, 2 flashes
bob69

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the VOL and CH buttons and Select trying to move/select the various headings of the main Menu screen but there's no movement so can't select anything.

Any other thoughts on how to operate the TV Menu?

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I looked at all the Toshiba TV combo upgrade files that we have and came up with the following codes for you to try...

vcr/0045
189 - UP
193 - DOWN
105 - LEFT
040 - RIGHT
038 - SELECT

dvd/0503
189 - Cursor Up
193 - Cursor Down
105 - Cursor Left
040 - Cursor Right
038 - Enter

tv/0156
191 - Up Arrow
195 - Down Arrow
248 - Left Arrow (Back)
249 - Right Arrow (Next)
065 - Enter
bob69

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a complete newb, could you explain how to use the codes above to get the arrows to work, say for the TV menu first? I don't quite understand the instructions you wrote earlier.
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should already have the TV/0156 setup code assigned to the TV button, and the VCR/0045 code assigned to the VCR button, so you can use the instructions that I posted earlier to test those two groups of codes. If those don't work, then program the DVD/0503 setup code to the VCR button (temporarily) and these that group of codes.

As soon as you find an EFC code that works, program it permanently to the appropriate arrow button.

Then when you're done, if you used the DVD/0503 code, you can switch it back to the VCR/0045 code.

The Robman wrote:
To test a code, put the remote in the right mode (eg, TV, VCR, etc) then tap the SETUP button, then type in the code. You can hold the last digit to simulate holding the button.

To permanently program a code to the button of your choice (option 1):
1) Tap the device button (eg, TV, VCR, etc)
2) Press and hold the setup button, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap the setup button
5) Type the 3 digit EFC code from below
6) Tap the button of your choice, 2 flashes

If you're still stuck, here's some further reading for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28994.29_Key_Mover

http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/ofa-l.shtml?URC-7800#keymove2

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/advanced.shtml
bob69

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't completely understand the previous instructions; when to type in which code (the four number code or the three number code, or both.

Currently my TV button controls the TV on, off, TV volume and changing TV channels, but I still cannot change anything in the TV menu. That is the main thing I would like to be able to do so I can adjust contrast, color, brightness, etc. of the TV picture.

The DVD and VCR controls work fine once I've inserted a VCR tape or DVD disc.

The CBL controls work fine, and the select arrows works when in CBL mode.

Could I get specific instructions on how to activate the arrows when in TV mode so I can use the TV Menu?

Thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have understood the instructions first time around if you were able to re-program the TV Menu button, how is it you understood them then but don't understand them now?

Anyway, no matter, let's spell it out again.

First things first, could you temporarily assign the DVD/0503 setup code to the DVD button on the remote. (You will re-assign the DVD/0632 code for your Panasonic DVD player later).

Next, turn the TV on and press the TV button on the remote, followed by the MENU button. Hopefully this will bring up the Menu on the TV screen. So now we're looking for the codes for the arrow buttons. Which arrow button would be bext to test with? I'm guessing the RIGHT arrow button, so let's test the 3 possible codes for the RIGHT arrow.

If any of the following steps simulate the right arrow key, stop there.
1) Change the remote to DVD mode, tap the SETUP key then type 040.
2) Change the remote to VCR mode, tap the SETUP key then type 040.
3) Change the remote in TV mode, tap the SETUP key then type 249.

Did any of the above steps cause the menu to step to the right? If the arrow buttons don't work in TV mode already, step 3 won't work because that's the same code as what's already programmed in the remote.

If you get a response, tell me which step and we'll take it from there.
bob69

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV menu moved one position to the right, but I don't know how, and it doesn't respond any more. I think it was after the first step, but really I didn't notice until I was at step two. Either way, the Menu only moved one position to the right and won't move any further, select does not work either.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you what to do next unless you tell me which of the 3 steps caused the menu to move.

Tell you what, the arrow buttons in DVD mode (if you're using the DVD/0503 setup code) should be the same as the 4 arrow codes that I posted under DVD/0503, so just try putting the remote into DVD mode and see if they work
bob69

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, tried it again; when in VCR mode as soon as I typed in 040 the menu moved one step to the right. So it started originally on the clock icon, then moved to the TV icon on the first attempt with the 040 and VCR. Tried it a few more times, as soon as I type 040 the Menu moves one place to the right, but only one place and the arrow keys do not do anything nor does the select button.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In VCR mode the arrow keys aren't supposed to do anything, we're testing codes remember?

OK, so if the 040 code works the left arrow, I'm going to assume that all of the EFCs that I posted from the VCR/0045 code will work.

So, here are the steps that you should follow (exactly please, no deviating to test other buttons in the middle)

1) Hold the SETUP button, 2 flashes
2) Type 994, 2 flashes
3) Tap VCR then SETUP
4) Type 040
5) Tap TV then RIGHT ARROW

Repeat those 5 steps substituting each 3 digit EFC code from below in step 4 and the corresponding arrow key (or select) in step 5.

vcr/0045
189 - UP
193 - DOWN
105 - LEFT
040 - RIGHT
038 - SELECT
bob69

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, think that's got it. The TV menu functions work up down left right.

Thanks a bunch. Is there anything else I should program?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tell me, are there any other functions that you think you need?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be willing to compile a list of which functions work on this unit? If you are, what I'll do is provide a list of codes and their functions that go with each of the two setup codes that we're using, then all you would have to do is press SETUP followed by the 3 digit code to see if it works.

Then, when we're done, you could decide which (if any) of these functions that you'd like to add to the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: