JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help (or advice) wanted with Roland custom IC: IR3109.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Help (or advice) wanted with Roland custom IC: IR3109. Reply with quote

Hi all,

Long(ish) shot, but thought I'd try anyway - nothing to lose...

Got an old Roland piano (HP-450) for repair (kind of charity job - doing this for the old musician mate of mine) and traced the fault down to the chip in subj - it's a quad special function / transconductanse amp in DIP16 package.

The problem is that Roland's discontinued that part, and I can't get it from either Roland or anyone of the local repair community.

There is one hit in the US ebay for this part, but:
a) they wouldn't ship to OZ.
b) the price is a bit steep ($45) for this kind of job.

Just wondering if any of the repairers who read this forum have this part or the PCB from the old broken synth sitting around that can be made a donor for this chip...

Just to help identifying the equipment: This chip is used in the filter circuits of Jupiter-8, Jupiter-6, later Jupiter-4 units, HP-350, HP-450, MKS-80 rev 4, Juno-6/Juno-60, SH-101, MC-202, JX-3P and later packaged in the 80017a hybrid module used in the Juno-106 and MKS-30 among others.

Once again - Wanted:
Roland IC IR3109 in DIP16 (preferreed) or any other package
or
Roland hybrid module 80017a (to act as a donor for IR3109 which is used in it)

Alternatively, if you know the dedicated forums or sites where it would be more appropriate to ask for this part, please share - since the American repair community is way larger than the Oz one, I think my chances are much better here.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about these, they both show worldwide shipping:
EBAY LINK
EBAY LINK
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 greenough1:
Sorry, haven't checked this thread for a while...

Thanks for the links, but they only solve my issue (a) above, not (b)... :-)))

I've found that the fault goes away almost completely, after about 20 min of warming up the piano. Suggested the guy to keep the device on all the time - this seems to be working for him.

Thanks everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: