JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem learning power on button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Problem learning power on button Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am a complete newbie so pls forgive my ignorance---I hope to learn from this great forum.
I am trying to setup my RCRP05B remote to control a YES ADB encoder
mentioned in this thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7397 before using an interface cable I tried "learning 975" which worked fine for most functions but for the fact that when trying to learn power on/off I get error (one long blink instead of 2 short blinks). I tried entering the EFC manually "code 994" entering 00217 or 217 but had no success. The EFC I found was from a file called YES_ADB3100_(Israel).txt found in the forum.
Any help would be great
Many thanx
Steven
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some remotes have restrictions as to what programming can be done on the POWER button because it's sometimes used as a master power button. So, the first thing you should verify whether you can learn the POWER function to a different button. You should also try programming the EFC to another button to see if that works.
smbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: power on button Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Some remotes have restrictions as to what programming can be done on the POWER button because it's sometimes used as a master power button. So, the first thing you should verify whether you can learn the POWER function to a different button. You should also try programming the EFC to another button to see if that works.

Hi there
Thanx for quick reply
Sorry but maybe I didn't state it but I tried to learn the Power function to many other buttons on the RCRP05B without success also tried programming the EFC to many other buttons without success
Regards and thanx... hoping for a solution
Steven
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programming the EFC won't work because you don't have a setup code in the RCA RCRP05B that uses the right codeset (ie, NEC1, dev 132.60) so your only options are either (a) loading a new setup code using JP1 or (b) learning.

These remotes have a finite amount of learning memory, so it's also possible that you have run out of memory (though the RCA RCRP05B has twice the memory of older remotes). Was the POWER button the last button that you tried to learn?

It's also possible that the ADB box is sending out a macro or something like that when you press the POWER button, making it hard to learn.

Bottom line, if you are unable to learn the POWER button, your only option would be to go the JP1 route.
smbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Problem learning power on button Reply with quote

Again thanx for quick reply
No problem regarding memory full --I managed to learn additional codes without any problems..Today I finished making my Jp1 cable-- works fine using Ir.exe and km or rmir.
Trying to understand above proggies--I am not sure which setup code file I have to use for the upgrade u mention ie, NEC1, dev 132.60. Pls advise
Many thanx
Steven
smbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: power on button Reply with quote

The Robman
Using jp1 cable and file u mentioned got it all setup and working
Many thanx
Steven
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear, congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: