JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung SMT C5270 & Humax HD-FOX C
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Samsung SMT C5270 & Humax HD-FOX C Reply with quote

This device is coming up in IRScope as an unknown protocol. Could someone take a look and see if they recognise it ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9711

Cheers

Al

PS, it turns out to be same protocol as used by the Humax iHD-Fox C, which we originally discussed at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12314, but I don't thik we ever completed.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Samsung SMT C520 & Humax HD-FOX C Reply with quote

It appears that there are some signals that need decoding over in the slingbox forum
Alan has some new signals for the
Samsung SMT C5270

that match the Humax HD-Fox C that we looked at last summer.

I could have sworn we had an answer from UEI on this, where the signals didn't vary this much, but couldn't find any such post.

Rob, or anybody else, do you recall this at all?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that, but I didn't have the time to cut & paste all the learns from IRScope over to IR.exe so I could look at them.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What work can I do? I have the time, not the skill.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bnordman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any answer to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bjoern
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it's the same protocol as the one found in this thread but unfortunately, the learns aren't good enough to get the code info from them.

Earl, could you try creating a fresh set of learns?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
This looks like it's the same protocol as the one found in this thread but unfortunately, the learns aren't good enough to get the code info from them.

Earl, could you try creating a fresh set of learns?

Done.
Could only find one copy of it though, the profile wasn't available on the other database.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a glance, it looks like the fixed data is the same, so it might be worth trying the upgrade for the Humax.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
At a glance, it looks like the fixed data is the same, so it might be worth trying the upgrade for the Humax.

Fair enough. Thanks to all the senior experts whom help to create a match. I transcribed their results with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:
bnordman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this on the Humax iHD Fox C and it didn't work but it might work on the Samsung. Will try a little more in the morning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it didn't work on the Humax, it won't work on the Samsung.

I loaded an RMDU file for the official UEI upgrade for this too, so check the Humax thread. If you know how to create your own BIN file, give it a whirl.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
I just tried this on the Humax iHD Fox C and it didn't work but it might work on the Samsung. Will try a little more in the morning.

When you say, "it didn't work", which part are you referring? Loading it into the Slingbox? Did you get any error messages while during the configuration? Have you verify if the IR blaster is working through the viewfinder of a digital camera? Were you just testing the keys you were most interested in, or all of them?

The Robman wrote:
If it didn't work on the Humax, it won't work on the Samsung.

I loaded an RMDU file for the official UEI upgrade for this too, so check the Humax thread. If you know how to create your own BIN file, give it a whirl.

Used the JP1 tools to create the respective files from the aforementioned UEI upgrade.
BIN file Instructions.

bnordman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
When you say, "it didn't work", which part are you referring? Loading it into the Slingbox? Did you get any error messages while during the configuration? Have you verify if the IR blaster is working through the viewfinder of a digital camera? Were you just testing the keys you were most interested in, or all of them?

I just loaded the new file. The "test Power" took about 10 seconds, didn't give me error message, but it didn't turn power off or on either.

When I clicked on the next page, it said "no update found" which I assume is what it should say.

I tried all keys and the Humax iHD Fox C did not react to any of them. (I run the slingplayer on Windows 7 64bit, so I copied the .bin files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
I just loaded the new file. The "test Power" took about 10 seconds, didn't give me error message, but it didn't turn power off or on either.

Fair enough. The "test Power" phase is when the Sling Assistant uploads the bin file into the Slingbox then fires off the respective PowerToggle command. That's why it takes a little longer than the rest of the setup sequence. So, it sounds like the upgrade is being loaded into the Slingbox without any issues. It is just not functioning as expected.

bnordman wrote:
When I clicked on the next page, it said "no update found" which I assume is what it should say.

That part is looking for SlingRemote skins or keymap overlays which might be associated to the options you've selected previously. Had there been a match then the button names and the physical appearance of the virtual remote would have changed.

bnordman wrote:
I tried all keys and the Humax iHD Fox C did not react to any of them. (I run the slingplayer on Windows 7 64bit, so I copied the .bin files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV

Sounds good. I guess there is only two things you can't check in relation to where your Slingbox is located vs your current location. Whether or not the IR Blasters are positioned appropriately towards the IR Sensor of the Humax set-top box. And, if the IR Blasters themselves are firing any IR Signals at all (which could be verified through the viewfinder of a digital camera).
bnordman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Sounds good. I guess there is only two things you can't check in relation to where your Slingbox is located vs your current location. Whether or not the IR Blasters are positioned appropriately towards the IR Sensor of the Humax set-top box. And, if the IR Blasters themselves are firing any IR Signals at all (which could be verified through the viewfinder of a digital camera).

I verified the position of the IR blasters via a Skype video session. I didn't verify if the IR Blasters are firing. Can that be verified with a HD Cam via Skype?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: