JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 5 Day jp1.3 3033 remote - Insert a pause in a macro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omenluap

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Atlas 5 Day jp1.3 3033 remote - Insert a pause in a macro Reply with quote

I have used IR and RMIR to set up my remote but I don't know how to implement the instructions in "pause.txt" so I can insert a pause into my macros.

I have a WDTV Live setup on AUX, an LG DV480H on DVD, and a Vizio M190 on the TV, all the individual devices and button are working fine. But I want to place a macro on the AUX and DVD buttons to power up and set the correct inputs on the TV but I need to pause the macro for around 7 seconds before the TV will accept input.

I found the "pause.txt" file and did some searches in various documents but I'm in over my head. For starters RM says my remote has a S3F8 processor and "pause.txt" says its for S3C80 based remotes, so maybe its not possible to get pause working for my remote.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pause Txt, is an obsolete instruction. You need either RM or KM to setup a Pause. The only remotes that have trouble are the newest ones, where RM will not produce a protocol, because the Protocol ID is in use by UEI. Doh,

On my machine the RDF for the unextended Atlas 5 Day 3033 remote doesn't have an entry for the Pause Protocol in the [Special Protocols] section, but I thought I read that the Pause had been added to all the RDFs [Special Protocols.

I'm running on a really slow connection, so I don't have the ability to check to see if the protocol was added to the new RDFs

There needs to be a special protocols entry

Pause=01FB

And then you copy the device and protocol from either KM or RM
omenluap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the RDF and it shows
Pause=01FB (Pause)
but don't know how to proceed. I have RMIR 2.01 but when I select Protocols I have no idea how to fill in the dialog or if I should be using the Device Upgrade Editor.

thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only time I've ever used a Pause is with an extender, but it should be easy enough to use in IR or RMIR.

If you are using RMIR
Create a NEW on the devices tab.
Select Pause Protocol (special)
Select OK

Then use the Special Functions Tab to set up a keymove to the key that is going to have the delay you want.
Choose the Device Mode and Bound key
Choose Pause from the dropdown,
Specify the amount of time
Press Ok

Now you can use that key in a macro to create a pause.
omenluap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked great, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: