JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Universal remote SCART/HDMI problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papillon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Universal remote SCART/HDMI problem Reply with quote

Got pointed here by a kind bod on AskMeFi Smile

I'm using a Universal Remote, the One for All URC-7960, and have run into a SCART/HDMI problem.

I have a television, Freesat box, and a DVD player. The Freesat box is connected to the TV via SCART, whilst the DVD player is connected via HDMI (the television only has one HDMI socket).

Currently, when I want to watch a movie on the DVD player, I have to change the source from SCART to HDMI, then use the DVD select or the TV select separately. The Watch Movie function doesn't appear to work as I have to switch that source.

I have 'taught' my remote how to switch the source from my old remote, but that doesn't solve the problem, unfortunately, just saves me using the old remote to switch source!

Has anyone else run into this problem, or know how to solve it?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it that you are trying to do that your remote won't let you do? Typically, the most you can expect from a universal remote is that it will let you do everything with one remote that would otherwise require several remotes.

The fact that you have SCART leads me to believe that you must be in either the UK or Europe, so keep in mind that many of the US based folk here won't be familiar with your TV set up. For example, what is the "Watch Movie function"?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
For example, what is the "Watch Movie function"?

The "Watch Movie" function is a part of the URC-7960 and is actually something that One For All (OFA) calls a "SmartControl Activity" and according to the manual, "These three One For All Smartcontrol keys automatically put you in control of the right devices to change channels, control volume, and playback -- everything you need to do when you're watching TV, watching a movie, listening to music.".

These keys merely change the layout of remote to reduce the need to switch the remote's device profiles. For example, if one were to set up The "Watch Movie" activity with layout 1 (tv and cable/sat) then the power, audio/video help, and volume buttons are locked to the television while the rest of the remote is dedicated to the cable/satellite box.

I suspect papillon is confusing OFA's use of the term with Logitech's definition of "Activities" which is what they call macros. And he is looking to create a "Watch TV" macro instead. Of course we know this as the 995 command, and it is operation is listed in the URC-7960 remote's manual as well as an article in our wiki.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: