JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD required
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riscatto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD required Reply with quote

Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD
Can anyone help with the above code
Have tried all codes on Slingbox

Also tried reading from Original remote
Slingbox stated that certain codes were read and accepted
but still didn't work?

I have a Logitech Harmony remote that works fine
is there anyway of extracting that file and using it?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD required Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Slingbox Code for Technomate TM 7100HD

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:
riscatto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks very much eferz Reply with quote

Will get on with your help straight away
If I get stuck can I come back to you?

Bit of a newbie

Thanks again
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks very much eferz Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Will get on with your help straight away If I get stuck can I come back to you? Bit of a newbie

Sure, no problem. Though all the instructions are all listed above.
riscatto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: TM 7100 HD Bin Reply with quote

eferz, hope you can help,
When I had TM 800HD everything was fine able to add custom files to Slingplayer.

Since changing Satellite box to TM 7100 HD having dificulty setting up have all of your info but if I go to Slingbox.com to setup cannot add custom remote codes.

When setting up Slingplayer cannot get into Sling Assistant to setup
cannot login no internet connection?????

Before everything was fine.

I can still watch Sat box if I turn on before I leave house
Any help appreciated Thanks in advance
Regards
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: TM 7100 HD Bin Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Since changing Satellite box to TM 7100 HD having dificulty setting up have all of your info but if I go to Slingbox.com to setup cannot add custom remote codes.

Sounds like instead of using the web version of Slingplayer that you should Slingplayer Desktop for Mac or PC.
riscatto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use WEB at work can see picture but cannot set up custom remote

At home I'm trying to setup Slingplayer Desktop I can connect on local LAN and see picture but cannot use Sling assistant to set up custom remote, NO INTERNET CONNECTION

So if I put on SAT BOX by original remote I can watch but cannot change channels or anything else by SLING REMOTE

ANY IDEAS????
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
I use WEB at work can see picture but cannot set up custom remote

At home I'm trying to setup Slingplayer Desktop I can connect on local LAN and see picture but cannot use Sling assistant to set up custom remote, NO INTERNET CONNECTION

So if I put on SAT BOX by original remote I can watch but cannot change channels or anything else by SLING REMOTE

ANY IDEAS????

Well, first of all. When you install the bin files they are installed into the SLingbox itself not the client. So, once they're installed then any client you use to connect will be able to use it. Regardless if you use it at home, remotely, on the web, on a phone, or a desktop.

Your problem with the internet connectivity could be an issue of your computer's inability to communicate with Sling's Registration Servers. This is the methodology which Sling uses to find out the SlingID to IP address translation. Try adding a Slingbox contact in your personal directory with local IP address instead.

Also make sure to enable the Slingplayer software access to the internet through your windows firewall. As that has been known to cause quirky problems when you have access to the internet with a browser but not other programs, like Slingplayer or SlingAssistant.
riscatto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello eferz,
Seems I'm getting somewhere, couldn't do clean factory reset, so left Sling off for 24hrs then restart and reset, then I could put in new bin files, seems to be working now, can control by custom remote now, just have to try to get it working with Android phone have lost connection.

But definately winning thanks to your help

Regards
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Seems I'm getting somewhere, couldn't do clean factory reset, so left Sling off for 24hrs then restart and reset, then I could put in new bin files, seems to be working now, can control by custom remote now, just have to try to get it working with Android phone have lost connection.

But definately winning thanks to your help

You're welcome. Glad to help. As for mobile client connectivity, you might consider using port forwarding on your router.

http://support.slingbox.com/get/network-assistant.html
riscatto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it!

Thanks Again
riscatto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: eferz can you help Reply with quote

Hello eferz,
The bin files you sent me are working the TM 7100 HD fine but I need three esential commands they are "FILE" "FAV" & "SAT" they are not on the standard slingbox remote is there anyway of using the remote for the TM 7000 series in slinbox with your bin files as the 7000 seris is identical to my remote with the above buttons there.

Thanks in advance
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: eferz can you help Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Hello eferz,
The bin files you sent me are working the TM 7100 HD fine but I need three esential commands they are "FILE" "FAV" & "SAT" they are not on the standard slingbox remote is there anyway of using the remote for the TM 7000 series in slinbox with your bin files as the 7000 seris is identical to my remote with the above buttons there.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if I understand the request. All of the commands for the TM-7100 HD was recorded from a universal remote control. The three which you mentioned are not present in its respective IR profile. That's why I could not include it in the upgrade.

If the Sling Media has a working IR profile for the TM 7000 series then why would you even need this upgrade? Just use the upgrade provided by Sling instead. Sorry, if I'm misinterpreting your request but please elaborate further to alleviate my confusion.
riscatto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: TM7100 HD Reply with quote

Sorry efrez, did not explain all that well.
The files you sent me work fine with basic commands

However to use recorded data you have to access through command & button "FILE"

to find favourite channels you need "FAV" button & Command

to find different Satellites and all channels you need "SAT" button & command

All three are missing on basic remote shown on slingbox

But it's the remote for tm 6900 series that looks identical to mine

I was wondering if I could use that remote from slingbox but get your bin files to work it??

if not

I also have Logitech Harmony 1000 setup and working fine all commands
is it possible to transfer to slingbox??

Kind Regards & thanks
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TM7100 HD Reply with quote

riscatto wrote:
Sorry efrez, did not explain all that well. Kind Regards & thanks

Ah, okay. I understand a little better. It seems you have two different requests.

The technomate6500-hd SlingRemote is just a skin. By itself, it doesn't have any IR signals built-in. However, it is associated to setup code to S1271 and that can be associated to a custom bin. First in the RMDU, you'll need to change the setup code to "1271", device type to "satellite", and then export new bin files as described in the customization document. When you use Sling Assistant, you'll have to choose Satellite, Technomate, Other: S1271 and this will associate that skin to your new bin files for Slingplayer Desktop.

There are a couple of caveats. Just because the buttons and names looks different, it doesn't mean that the command is there. Furthermore, a lot of these skins jumble the button associations so that our tools does not appropriately match. You'll often need to play around with the placement of the functions to buttons in order to properly assign them on the realistic SlingRemote skin. I completely suck at this but Alan Richey has a good handle on how to do it. Maybe if you're good he'll be able to help you.

He might be able to help you with the missing commands as well. Because it is on your Logitech Harmony remote, he might be able to extract it from your Harmony's web profile. Apparently, he has the ability to do that with select Harmony remotes. I think it has something to do with which software you use to configure your remote. I personally don't have the tools to do it, so I cannot help you there.

If you have a Slingbox Solo or Pro-HD then you may want to try using the instructions in this link (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.) to teach the IR commands from the OEM remote to to your Slingbox. This will create a custom profile that's usable with your device. Once you've created the profile then you could share the related Learnt Guid information. This will allow us to extract the learned signals from the IR device profile stored in Sling Media's Cloud services and update our files with the missing commands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: