JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help getting security camera DVR remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkstretch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Help getting security camera DVR remote Reply with quote

I have an IC Realtime for my security cameras. This is it http://www.icrealtime.com/docs/MAX8.pdf
I tried the remotes.slingbox.com site to make a custom remote but it hasn't worked for me. I tried the slingbox remote learning site several times and it has not worked. Does someone have this DVR? Or can someone make a remote for it? Thanks much guys!
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Help getting security camera DVR remote Reply with quote

Mkstretch wrote:
I have an IC Realtime for my security cameras. This is it http://www.icrealtime.com/docs/MAX8.pdf
I tried the remotes.slingbox.com site to make a custom remote but it hasn't worked for me. I tried the slingbox remote learning site several times and it has not worked. Does someone have this DVR? Or can someone make a remote for it? Thanks much guys!

Could not find a match for your device. Does that even have an IR remote control? If you do and you're having problem with the remotes.slingbox.com then you might try to funnel the IR signal through the inside of a paper towel to eliminate the any possibility of IR interference between the remote and Slingbox Pro-HD or Solo's IR sensor. There will be a small embossed arrow on the front of the Slingbox indicating the location of the IR sensor behind the perforated faceplate.

If you can get that site to work, it will create a custom profile that's usable with your device. Should you want bin files for customization or to use with other SlingRemote skins, then you can share the related Learnt Guid information. This will allow us to create the appropriate files from the IR device profile stored in Sling Media's Cloud.

If you have a compatible JP1 learning remote with the appropriate Flash cable (and an adapter if necessary) then you can use either IR or RMIR to upload a copy of your remote's image with its learned signals. Otherwise, you can pick up IR Scope and an IR Widget to record the commands to your computer. Uploading your file(s) into our diagnostic section from either method will offer us the resource to create customized upgrades which will allow control of that particular device. There are also Do-It-Yourself instructions available if you would like to be more self-sufficent.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that looks a lot like the unit that I recently captured, but it was called a VMax unit. It was an 8 channel DVR, there are 8 different remote codes. You choose the channel and then the device number changes to control the play back on that channel.

Give this a try.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10209
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to tech support at IC and they sent me a doc with the remote codes. As far as I can tell, the doc just lists the button codes, it doesn't specify the protocol (but I'm guessing that it's NEC1) and it doesn't specify the fixed data.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10690
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mkstretch,

Just adding to Rob and Vicky's recommendations. If you are not able to get their upgrades to work for you, but they are right about the NEC1 protocol then there's no reason why your Slingbox Pro-HD or Solo cannot learn the DVR's OEM remote signals through the remote.slingbox.com website. There's probably just a little bit of interference from your Slingbox from registering the commands.

So, to reiterate the how you avoid interference problems with a paper towel tube, you would hold the IR blaster end of the remote against one side of the tube then you would butt the opposite end against the Slingbox right above the embossed arrow where its IR sensor should be. The idea is to funnel the infrared light though the tube preventing any outside interference between the remote and the Slingbox.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, the ICR tech support is mailing me a DVR remote so I can capture the signals, so we'll have an upgrade ready within a week or so.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVR remote arrived and it turns out that it uses NEC1 dev 0

I combined the functions that I learned from the remote with those listed in the doc above, though I have no idea how many of those additional functions will work.

Here's the RMDU file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10723

Mkstretch, if you're still watching this, I'd like you to look at the RMDU file using RM so you can see where I've programmed all the additional functions that I got from the doc, so you can test to see which ones actually do something, and do that perform the listed function or something else.

Here are the Slingbox binary files:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10729
Mkstretch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys so much for the info. I've been a little busy, but will hopefully try this stuff over the weekend. Thanks again!!!
Mkstretch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Rob so I got a chance to install the slingbox bin files and played with it For a few mins. It works great! So far. I used the numbers and arrows to toggle between cameras without a problem. Those are really the only buttons I need right on my iPad and iPhone. But I will test further and get back. Thanks so much again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: