JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Newbie problems Reply with quote

I am trying to get my URC7550 to send appropriate codes to my Coolsat 6000 satellite box.
I have a JP1 parallel cable and I seem to be able to communicate with the remote using IR and RMIR.I have found an upgrade for The Coolsat on this site but it is for another URC model.(URC6131)
I have uploaded this upgrade and find that most buttons do work as they should( ie the numbers and the left right up down).
However crucially the OK button does not work. I have tried but dont seem able to solve this problem. Any help would be most welcome
Thanks
Tony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie problems Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
I am trying to get my URC7550 to send appropriate codes to my Coolsat 6000 satellite box.
I have a JP1 parallel cable and I seem to be able to communicate with the remote using IR and RMIR.I have found an upgrade for The Coolsat on this site but it is for another URC model.(URC6131)
I have uploaded this upgrade and find that most buttons do work as they should( ie the numbers and the left right up down).
However crucially the OK button does not work. I have tried but dont seem able to solve this problem. Any help would be most welcome
Thanks
Tony

Have you tried new batteries? It might not be relevant but probably should be the first question to ask. I checked our file section and it seems that both of our Coolsat 6000 upgrades indicates that Select/Ok uses NEC1, Device 1, OBC 18. Even the LHD defines the command with the same values.

So, here's the following possibilities:
  1. Your batteries are low and its not presenting the correct IR signal. Try new batteries.
  2. The button is broken and no contact is being made. To verify this look at the IR Blaster of the remote through a digital camera's viewfinder while pressing the button to see the flashes of IR.
  3. The button isn't assigned or being taken over by a punch through. Verify in Remote Master that the each button are properly assigned. Also, make sure nothing in RMIR is causing it to be taken over.
  4. The Coolsat receiver refuses to acknowledge the command on a particular screen. Try a different one.
  5. IR interference is preventing the signal from being read. Try placing the IR Blaster of the remote directly against the IR sensor of the Receiver and triggering the command
  6. Something in your home is possessed. You might try getting an exorcist.
And just in case, you might want to make sure that RM/RMIR is up-to-date with all the RDF, MAPS, and Protocol.ini files. If all else fails check to see what the output of the remote is with IR Scope and Widget.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there some sort of conflict between the mute and OK functions on the 7550 remote?
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be since they are the same button on the 7550.
Could I use one of the a b c d buttons to program the enter ?
If so How ?
Thanks
Tony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
It could be since they are the same button on the 7550.
Could I use one of the a b c d buttons to program the enter ?
If so How ?
Thanks
Tony

Open up the rmdu file in Remote Master. Go into either the Buttons or Layout tab then drag the Select/Ok function on top of the button image or name. Save the file then use RMIR to upload it.
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes now definite the OK / mute button on the 7550 is just muting the coolsat. And I cannot seem to program another button to perform OK.
UGH !!!
tonydix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now I moved select onto the ok/mute button so that is now working. Now I need the coloured buttons to work is that possible ?
Thanks guys for all your help
Tony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
OK now I moved select onto the ok/mute button so that is now working. Now I need the coloured buttons to work is that possible ?
Thanks guys for all your help

I've always been curious about the thought process of different people. Exactly how and why would you think getting those buttons to work would be any different than the steps it took to get the ok and mute buttons to work?
tonydix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow the identical procedure but still cannot get the coloured buttons to work properly. Sadly they are crucial to using the box
Tony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
I follow the identical procedure but still cannot get the coloured buttons to work properly. Sadly they are crucial to using the box
Tony

You're probably going to have to upload your RMIR or IR work files for your remote. If it is setup properly then they shouldn't be a difference in activating the other buttons. Are you sure your remote isn't doing anything weird with the buttons which you're assigning the colour functions?
tonydix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to experiment a little further and I think that by leaving some of the learned signals in the setup i may have been overiding what was in the upgrade.
I have tried to start from scratch. In RM IR I downloaded from my 7550
I then loaded the coolsat upgrade. I noticed that the upgrade did not include all the functions I required so I went to the devices tab and edited #1 to include all the functions I require and to layout the buttons as I require them. I then deleted everything in the learned signals tab.I tried to delete everything in the Key Moves tab but 2 items are greyed out and couldnt be removed.

My 7550 only has 5 device buttons and general tab shows 6 !

I would send a copy of this file but I am not sure how to attach it to the message.
Many thanks for the advice
Tony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
I would send a copy of this file but I am not sure how to attach it to the message.

You don't add it to the message. At the top of each page on this website, you go into File Section above, Diagnostics Area then Upload. This will allow you to upload a file, please make sure to copy the URL of this thread's in the "Documentation URL" text box. And once your finish uploading it, copy the url of the file into this thread.

tonydix wrote:
My 7550 only has 5 device buttons and general tab shows 6!

Don't worry about that. The remote can have logical devices profiles which aren't associated with physical buttons.
tonydix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK many thanks. I have uploaded the file. Any help much appreciated
Tony
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're confused about the URL part. Your download just redirects to this thread and contains no file. Forget about that for now and upload your file again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please post a link to the file once it's posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: