JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha Rx-V2500 ID2 KM file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pasha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Rx-V2500 ID2 KM file Reply with quote

Guys,

have anybody created KM file for RX-V2500 or similar AVRs for ID2?

Thank you

Pasha
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Rx-V2500 ID2 KM file Reply with quote

pasha wrote:
have anybody created KM file for RX-V2500 or similar AVRs for ID2?

Not sure what an ID2 is, but I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Hope it helps.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yamaha Master File (PDFs) contains all of the codes for the RX-V2500, including the ones for ID2. You'll need to insert them into KM yourself. Many are the same as ID1, but the ones that are different are all device 125 (7D) rather than the typical 122.

eferz,
Some receivers respond to more than one set of IR signals, which allows a user to have two receivers of the same brand without getting crossed IR signals. Unless specially setup, Yamaha receivers use the codes associated with ID1. But a user can set his receiver to respond to the codes associated with ID2. I suspect that few Harmony users are interested in ID2.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The Yamaha Master File (PDFs) contains all of the codes for the RX-V2500, including the ones for ID2. You'll need to insert them into KM yourself. Many are the same as ID1, but the ones that are different are all device 125 (7D) rather than the typical 122.

eferz,
Some receivers respond to more than one set of IR signals, which allows a user to have two receivers of the same brand without getting crossed IR signals. Unless specially setup, Yamaha receivers use the codes associated with ID1. But a user can set his receiver to respond to the codes associated with ID2. I suspect that few Harmony users are interested in ID2.

Very interesting. Though I admit it was a big pain in the butt pulling the codes from the PDF. Very interesting though how the "master files" are incomplete. As there were some commands available on the Harmony database that weren't there. And it was simple commands like "Select", "Exit", and "Return". Anyways, I merged the codes from the document with the RMDU that I uploaded. Thank you very much for the heads up. It was rather quite enlightening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: