JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ortek VRC-1100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Ortek VRC-1100 Reply with quote

Hello,
Im trying to add support for this device in so I can have the computer controlled from my main remote. I read a few threads and at the end decide to give it a go but the keys are not recogniced.
I used the VRC-1100 files done by robman and the protocol from this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=80516

At the end uploaded to the remote but the receiver is not recognicing any key

Any help?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF (10181018) for your remote implies that it is a learning remote, is this true? If so, could you try learns some buttons from your VRC-1100 remote and then post the resulting IR file so we can see what codeset it uses.

Assuming that it does use the same codeset as the upgrade that you tried, there are many chances for user error along the way, but it is impossible for us to guess what you might have done wrong (if anything) without seeing your files.
anonbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The RDF (10181018) for your remote implies that it is a learning remote, is this true? If so, could you try learns some buttons from your VRC-1100 remote and then post the resulting IR file so we can see what codeset it uses.

Assuming that it does use the same codeset as the upgrade that you tried, there are many chances for user error along the way, but it is impossible for us to guess what you might have done wrong (if anything) without seeing your files.

My device has no learning support. I guess that is wrong in the rdf file. Some time ago I posted a dump here from my remote and someone gave me a rdf to test which I guess is better than the two ones posted at sourceforge page as detected correctly the protocol and the definition used by the stb that comes with.

I will post the files that I tried because I dont have them here. The vrc-1100 is the ortek one with same aspect as the one posted here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10863
This is the picture
http://www.cecompass.com/remotecontrolwithreceiverforwindowsmcemediacenterxpvistapc.aspx
anonbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This file have the rdf I used and the ir file I uploaded to the remote with the protocol and the device configured.

http://www.2shared.com/file/ZeQX2buD/URC-39860files.html

I tried to upload the file to the files section but dont know what happened with the file. Could not find it after upload it so I uploaded to other server

Thanks in advance
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you trying to load a .rar file? I refer you to the text below the File Upload box:

"You can upload a file by clicking on browse (Please, NO RAR Files, use Zip)"
anonbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Were you trying to load a .rar file? I refer you to the text below the File Upload box:

"You can upload a file by clicking on browse (Please, NO RAR Files, use Zip)"

Ohh sorry. Yes the zip file is uploaded fine, here it is
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10467

Thank you
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your remote has a HCS08 processor where those upgrade files have manual upgrades for the S3C8+ remotes. I suspect these were created before the OrtekMCE protocol was included in the protocol.ini files. So, I am wondering whether or not you've tried using the OrtekMCE protocol which is built into RM instead of the makeshift manual protocol discussed in the other thread?
anonbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
I think your remote has a HCS08 processor where those upgrade files have manual upgrades for the S3C8+ remotes. I suspect these were created before the OrtekMCE protocol was included in the protocol.ini files. So, I am wondering whether or not you've tried using the OrtekMCE protocol which is built into RM instead of the makeshift manual protocol discussed in the other thread?

The protocol I tried was the one posted by vikyg2003 in this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=80516

I think its the HCS08 one and looks like for the other guy it worked fine
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonbeat wrote:
The protocol I tried was the one posted by vikyg2003 in this thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=80516

I think its the HCS08 one and looks like for the other guy it worked fine

Perhaps, his "idea of it worked fine" and your "idea of it is working fine" are two different things. "Working fine" is one of those subjective descriptions based on the individual's attention to detail. It is not an empirical statement like "all the buttons are functioning as expected".

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

anonbeat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. With your files I could do a configuragion file that works as expected.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonbeat wrote:
Thank you very much. With your files I could do a configuragion file that works as expected.

You're welcome. Glad to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: