JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DecodeIR.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: DecodeIR.html Reply with quote

I've been transcribing the DecodeIR.html document into our Wiki. And I found that there are two links from the original document within the Bose Section which are no longer valid. At least to me anyways, as it points to files from the original JP1 Yahoo! Groups. Does anyone have access to these files? I could not find them available on our File Section.
Edit found one, still need the other.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KM file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=974

The PB file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1389

I've updated DecodeIR.html also.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The KM file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=974

The PB file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1389

I've updated DecodeIR.html also.

Thanks, Rob. I'm glad that you had uploaded it and knew where to look. When I performed the search, I only saw the one filename match and no other submissions by cdhixon. Anyways, I've updated the wiki version as well.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

When you say that you've updated DecodeIR.html, which is one is that? Unless whomever (me, at the moment) is updating DecodeIR.dll knows about changes, the changes won't likely make it into the next version of DecodeIR.html.

I also wonder how to keep track of any imporvements made to the Wiki can be tracked?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Rob,

When you say that you've updated DecodeIR.html, which is one is that? Unless whomever (me, at the moment) is updating DecodeIR.dll knows about changes, the changes won't likely make it into the next version of DecodeIR.html.

I also wonder how to keep track of any imporvements made to the Wiki can be tracked?

The best way is to sign-up for updates on the wiki articles which interest you. This can be done through the "watch this article" option for non-creators. It will send you also notifications based on your wiki preferences.

If you are the actual wiki author then its automatic. I'm not sure if there's a way for Rob to transfer ownership. That would probably the quickest way. I'm not sure how Rob setup the hierarchy, but depending on your relationship to the document you can even approve or reject updates.

Still, I think its an excellent way of dispersing the weight of being the sole up-keeper. I already have an idea of the changes that should be made to Nokia32.

My next project is going to be putting the protocol.ini file up there in the same manner. That way I can interlink the fragments yet keep them separate entities for the "main document". I think it'll do wonders for helping people understand the quirkiness and necessary differences.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Anyways, I've updated the wiki version as well.

Cool, I didn't even know there was a wiki version!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=DecodeIR

eferz wrote:
Thanks, Rob. I'm glad that you had uploaded it and knew where to look. When I performed the search, I only saw the one filename match and no other submissions by cdhixon. Anyways, I've updated the wiki version as well.

Actually, I had no memory of the files, even though I created them. I found them by looking in the following spreadsheet:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9071

3FG wrote:
Rob, when you say that you've updated DecodeIR.html, which is one is that? Unless whomever (me, at the moment) is updating DecodeIR.dll knows about changes, the changes won't likely make it into the next version of DecodeIR.html.

I'm talking about the copy on this site:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/johnsfine/DecodeIR.html
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
eferz wrote:
Anyways, I've updated the wiki version as well.

Cool, I didn't even know there was a wiki version!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=DecodeIR

That's a relief. I was worried that as the site owner, you were being inundated with alerts of all my edits. I've been trying to remember to click the check box for minor edit but missed quite a few.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been making newer versions the spreadsheet Rob mentioned and linked, and posting them. For older files, of course, any version will do, but I make use of the spreadsheet frequently while looking for info on any upgrades.

Newer version (1.08) last updated July 2011.

I'll generate a new version soon--eferz has been pretty active in uploading new upgrades.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I have been making newer versions the spreadsheet Rob mentioned and linked, and posting them. For older files, of course, any version will do, but I make use of the spreadsheet frequently while looking for info on any upgrades.

Newer version (1.08) last updated July 2011.

I'll generate a new version soon--eferz has been pretty active in uploading new upgrades.

I knew there was a more recent version, but I couldn't remember where it was. I found my version in the main Tools folder.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is also in Device Upgrades at the top level. That's where I put 1.08.
If it's OK, I'll put the next one I do in both places.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, do that, just make the 2nd one a link to the first
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: