JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't control digital adapter with Slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miscrap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Can't control digital adapter with Slingbox Reply with quote

I originally posted this on the AVS forum, and was told that I could probably find help here. Rather than retype it, here's a cut & paste of my post:
I have a Slingbox Classic which comes in handy when I travel, as I'm able to watch my home tv stations. Right now I have a coax cable from my service provider, WideOpenWest (WOW) plugged directly into the Slingbox (the Classic has a built-in tuner). It works great, the picture is adequate, but my channel selection is limited. I recently purchased a new tv to replace an old one, so I have a digital adapter that I no longer am using, so I thought I'd hook it up to the Slingbox. It's a very small black box, says uDTA-E on the front, and model # MS-2C02U on the bottom. I've tried controlling the adapter from the Slingbox using both IR blasters and a direct cable from the IR out on the Slingbox to the IR in on the adapter. I know the adapter works, as I can control it with the remote. I know the IR blasters work as I can see them light up (using a camera viewfinder). I believe the problem is I'm sending the wrong signal. The Slingbox setup lists a ton of cable box manufacturers, and under each manufacturer there are a ton of models, but I can't find a manufacturer & model that will work. Googling uDTA-E gave me Evolution, but that's not listed as an option. I called my cable company (it's their adapter), and they suggested Evolution, and also Motorola. I looked through all the available Motorola models, but can't find any that match. I tried about 10, but none of them will change the channels.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

After looking around this site, I found this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9676

It looks like it's exactly what I need! However, after downloading it, I found that it's a text (.txt) file, and I have no idea what to do next.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by reading this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5586
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You download it, Open it with RMIR and then Export the bin files, Easy-Peasy.

Here are the bin files,
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12019

Funny thing is I looked at this upgrade and thought it was incomplete, because there was no power button, and then I looked next to me, and it is the remote I have right next to my right hand, and there IS no power, it has no power. The box is always on. Laughing I use it everyday, and totally didn't remember that!

Don't you just love WOW though! I love that for the most part I don't have to have a box for my digital TVs!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
miscrap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Don't you just love WOW though! I love that for the most part I don't have to have a box for my digital TVs!

Thanks for the help! Yep, I love WOW. Every now and then I get approached in stores by salespeople from other cable or satellite services. They alway start with "Who do you have for your cable service?" When I tell them WOW, they always say "Oh, ok, thanks, have a nice day." When I asked one why he didn't give me the hard sell he said "WOW customers all love the service, and we can't beat their price." A few months ago I called WOW about a $6/month increase. The tech said let me see what I can do. When he was done my new monthly bill was $40 LESS than I had been paying before. I LOVE WOW!!
miscrap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked! Thanks!!
I just unzipped the files, dragged them over to the SBAV directory, then ran the setup and entered the code. Instant channel-changing!
Thanks again!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: