JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using the Kaseikyo protocol
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Using the Kaseikyo protocol Reply with quote

I am just trying to 'learn' the codes for a Humax JC-5100. IRScope is coming up with:

Protocol: Kaseikyo-1.170
Device: 10.18
E 8

But in RM the options are (with my guesses in brackets):

OEM1 (1 ?)
OEM2 (170 ?)
Device (10 ?)
SubDevice (18 ?)
E (8)
LeadOut (ms) (??)

Can anyone confirm or add to that ?

Thanks

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
I can confirm you have the device, subdevice, and E part correct. I assume the OEM are in the correct order, but don't know for sure, and can't test because I'm a little under the weather.

For the leadout time, look at the IRP form, and then pick the number closest to the number that I've highlighted in Red.

{36.7k,437,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-4,A:48,1,-74.8m)+{A=$455401E88861}; Alt leadout form: ^136m

Hope that helps.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be helpful if we could see the actual ICT file with the learns.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just back from a trip and the power is out after the Virginia storms. I'll do it as soon as we get power back. (Thank to Staples for their free WiFi hotspot Smile )
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the land of the living now Very Happy

Sample ICT file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11050 It has the 10 numeric keys.

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading in the paper this morning that there are 1.8 million still without power due to the various storms. I can't imagine not having A/C in this heat.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, we just had these signals for a SKYPERFECT. I wrote a little protocol with the checksum hardcoded, but looks like this is going to be an up and coming thing, perhaps the protocol should calculate the checksum. I'll see if the checksum works out the way Rob calculated it and get back to you.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I was just reading in the paper this morning that there are 1.8 million still without power due to the various storms. I can't imagine not having A/C in this heat.
Luckily we had some good friends who put us up in their spare bedroom for the duration Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's right, you were wifi-ing from Starbucks.

Glad you are back.

I really thought I could figure out the xsum, but I just don't have the mathpower for this. We'll have to wait until someone with binary math skills can decipher this. Rob gave me a spreadsheet to look at on the skyperfect, but that's like giving calculus to a preschooler and expecting them to get it. When your brain scrambles numbers and letters, its extremely hard to decipher binary math.

Rob, 3FG, can someone do the math on these?

Any budding enthusiasts? Rob posted a spreadsheet for the skyperfect signal. these are going to be similar. You take the 1.170.10.18 figure out the binary, and then stick it into the reverse the order (LSB).

The skyperfect file is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11018
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you already converted these signals to binary Vicky? I tried to export a UEI file from the ICT file but it didn't work and it's too time consuming for me to convert times to binary when I can't use the rounding feature in IR.exe
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you already converted these signals to binary Vicky? I tried to export a UEI file from the ICT file but it didn't work and it's too time consuming for me to convert times to binary when I can't use the rounding feature in IR.exe

Yes I was having trouble with these in IRScope too. I tried dumping them to UEI learns and received errors, and the IRP Form is missing.

I have the time, and am able to do them by hand. I just can't see the patterns.

I filled in the spreadsheet now that I have excel running.
I don't know how much help this is going to be, because the OBC's are all only a nibble.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11052

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The checksum is just the OBC byte XOR'd with 00011000
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Rob, we've had two of these in the last two weeks.

As far as decoding, didn't you say something about this relating to bytes 2 and byte 3 of the being involved in getting this xor'd value? Do those rules still apply?

The first time we saw this protocol, I just hard coded the xored value. Should I be adding this xord value as another fixed variable? Or should I be doing a calculation of bytes 2, and 3 to get the xor'd value on the fly. What's best based on your experience?

I would like to make this more useful in the future.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the checksum pattern here (ie, 00011000) is also derived by XORing the 3rd and 4th bytes just like last time. (ie, 01010000 and 01001000 XOR to become 00011000)

So yes, don't hard code it, use code to derive it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've had some confusion between the Humax and SkyPerfect IR signals.

The two learns of OBC 3 differ in the third byte:
Code:
10000000  01010101  10000101  01001000  11000000  11011000  IRscope from Alan
10000000  01010101  01010000  01001000  11000000  11011000  Vicky's spreadsheet (Sky Perfect?)

The checksum for Alan's learns (Humax) is the XOR of bytes 1 through 5. Vicky's spreadsheet uses the XOR of bytes 3 through 5.

The 00C9 executor (Panasonic) generates the signals shown by Vicky using OEM1 = 1, OEM 2=170, Device = 161, Subdevice = 18. DecodeIR right shifts the device information by 4 bits, so it decodes the device as 10 (0x0A instead of the correct 0xA1).

The C9 executor takes 5 fixed bytes, and it seems that the first fixed byte should be a checksum seed (Protocols.ini computes the seed and puts it in the first byte), but my RCRP05B actually ignores the first fixed byte and just calculates the XOR of bytes 3 through 5.
So I think it will require a custom executor that looks like 00C9, but which could use the first fixed byte as the seed (00011000 in this case). Unfortunate, because the Slingbox has 00c9 builtin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: