JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DishPVR 721 questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David_Levin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I tried your upgrade - no go - key seem to be scrambled around.

I then tried substituting the OBCs. That got the Device 0 working, but the Device 1 (16) still didn't. They triggered the box, but not the right functions.
David_Levin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the mini-combiner on the 6131 - works like a champ.
THANKS Jon A.
Cleaner then the device combiner as long as everyone can get the unit codes they are looking for.

So, should I remove my upload using the device combiner, or is it good to leave it as an example of "another way" (it might be easier to get the unit codes with this guy, but it doesn't work for all remotes)?

Should I upload my 6131 mini-combiner device, or is good enough to let people use jon's mini-combiner directly?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

By all means create the upgrade file and I'll delete mine. If you keep the Device Combiner, I would label it as an alternative. I think we need a better place to put the "Unit Code-System Address-Device 2" table than the remarks column in Functions. You can't use the notes on the setup page since the generic Protocol upgrade goes there.

I would also suggest that we start labeling that as a universal Dish upgrade, if Rob agrees. If you as a Dish expert can do a little readme to explain that would probably help.

If Rob wants to tweak the new protocol $0002 (if you do, jack up the repeats to five since that seems to workbetter) and make a smaller version we can just change protocols and in the newer remote where $0002 is in the built in library, then there would be a further space savings.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think that upgrade will work. KM Master still thinks dishplayer (old) is LSB first. DecodeCCF thinks that everthing is MSB first, except Unit code, that is LSB first. So using DecodeCCF decoding and plugging in OBC's into KM won't work.

I have started a new thread in the software forum to try and address this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I've updated my KM file so it should work now, using the remote's built in protocol, so give it a whirl.

The only difference between this one and the one Jon created is that the minimum repeats is set to 2 rather than 5, so hopefully that won't be a problem.
David_Levin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I gave it a try and it seems to work fine. I couldn't hit all the keys because I'm recording right now.

For the 921 I need the TV/Video Key (HD/SD). Can I just add the EFC? I don't see anything that assigns the EFC's to which device.

I can learn the code into a 1994 if needed (or you can get it from my 921 device combiner version):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/PVR/Dishnet_921_721_URC6131.zip
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EFCs from your combiner file are compatible with my file, so you can transfer them from one to the other. At least, that's true for the device0 codes, they'll probably be wrong for the device1 (aka 16) codes.

I'll compile a master list based on your file later today.
David_Levin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The missing key is a device 0, so I should be ok.

I assume the unit code work for selecting different remote codes? That would make this the easiest to use multi-device DishNetwork upgrade (for the remotes that support it). I'm starting to like the upgraded 6131 more and more (it would be great km/ir could support it's keymoves).

Is the upgrade protocol for the 1994 (and others) all ready available?

Thanks again (everyone) for all the hard work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used your file to create a new file which I then used to replace my file, so the function names and button assignments in my file now are the same as yours.

I have created a second file that can be used by all the old remotes that don't have the right version of the protocol installed: Dish_Network_PVR721-old-remotes.txt
David_Levin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - these look great !!!

6131: It might make more sense to have the pip keys as your originally placed them (since they don't work where they currently are). I could update my version to include your primary device, then a 2nd device and instructions on how to move the pip keys to the proper location.

I'm still undecided on the TV/Video key (assign as per label, or position relative to factory remote). Oh well, the beauty of jp1 is that the user can decide.

Do you want me to test the "old" protocol version with my 1994? I'll remove my 1994 Device Combiner version - it just seems redundant now. People using this version will probably still need a way to select the Unit Code.

Edit:

Is this also preferable to jon's mini-combiner version. They look similar, but I suppose Rob's is the 'official' protocol?

Is the plan still to eventually incorporate this protocol into km?

who's in charge of km these day?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a temporary verion of KM that supports this protocol properly now (hopefully that is, I haven't tested it too much):

http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/tools/keymap-master-v8.18c.zip

Mark Pierson has been looking after KM for a long time, so it's up to him to bless these changes and incorporate them into the next official release.

I didn't check if unit codes greater than 4 work for the old remotes though.

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David_Levin wrote:
Is this also preferable to jon's mini-combiner version. They look similar, but I suppose Rob's is the 'official' protocol?

Rob's is a little shorter and has been modified also to add the 5 repeats, so I can't see any advantage to keeping multiple versions. I also inadvertently named mine $0102 and there is another protocol on some remotes that uses that name. So the protocol upgrade would take precedence and break the setup code that used the "real" $0102. It served a brief and noble life but lets "put it to rest" Smile I just deleted it from the Files.

There is a thread you may have missed about Rob's master plan for Dishplayer.

Quote:
who's in charge of km these day?

A very hard working guy, Mark Pierson.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David_Levin wrote:
I'm starting to like the upgraded 6131 more and more (it would be great km/ir could support it's keymoves).

KM does support key moves for the 6131, but only for 1-byte commands at this time. The 6131 extender allows the use of "normal" key moves like all the other JP1 remotes.
David_Levin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
David_Levin wrote:
I'm starting to like the upgraded 6131 more and more (it would be great km/ir could support it's keymoves).

KM does support key moves for the 6131, but only for 1-byte commands at this time. The 6131 extender allows the use of "normal" key moves like all the other JP1 remotes.

Thanks, that's good to know. So far, most of my playing with the 6131 has been to support other users in the DBS forums.

These are potentially jp1 beginners, or people who just want the remote to work and aren't looking to modify anything.

From what I can tell, the extender is too complicated for these people (even device buttons need to be programmed as macros). It just seems to change the basic functionality of the remote too much.
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: 721 with kameleon Reply with quote

I just got a 721. I did my HW before it got here, reading through this extensive thread. Thought I had everything under control...

I'm using a 9960 with Nils' extender2. I've tried, I think, all of the device upgrades on the Yahoo files set, starting with the Robman's (both versions). Nothing worked. The up arrow would occasionally work, but that was it. Odd.

Then it occured to me that this might be a duration issue, not a problem with the device upgrades. I went to one of the upgrades that uses the device combiner (the one intended for the 921, actually), and set the duration to 2. Voila, everything is perfect.

Anyway, thought I'd post this here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Thanks for the work,
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: