JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for hp media center remote codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsmasher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Looking for hp media center remote codes Reply with quote

Having a remote control for my pc is cool, but I would like to use my urc all for one remote. Does anyone know how to do this? If you learn the buttons into the remote, they work once, then you have to do a different button (no repeating, like the arrows). Plus I use up all the memory in my remote before I can program all of the buttons.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cause of your problem is something called a "toggle bit". Learned signals cannot do toggle bits correctly.

Some people have avoided the problem by reverting to a previous version of some software module on the PC, so the PC doesn't need the toggle bit (I forget the details. It was described in one of the forums at RemoteCentral).

Since you're in a JP1 forum, the better solution is to install the device and protocol upgrades via JP1 to have the toggle bits work right (and also use much less memory than the learned signals).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you download the memory from your One For All remote, does IR recognize the protocol and display the info? If so, you can use that info to build an upgrade. I'm guessing the protocol is RC-5 or maybe RC-6 (because of the toggle bit)
dsmasher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I also located the file that was posted in another forum, for media center pc. I did the upgrade, and for the most part it works, but some of the buttons do the wrong things. The directional buttons, menu, guide, info, etc send the wrong commands. I guess I can edit the fields in the ir.exe program to get the appropriate results. I wonder if hp changed things around or something?
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmasher wrote:
Thanks for the help. I also located the file that was posted in another forum, for media center pc. I did the upgrade, and for the most part it works, but some of the buttons do the wrong things. The directional buttons, menu, guide, info, etc send the wrong commands. I guess I can edit the fields in the ir.exe program to get the appropriate results. I wonder if hp changed things around or something?

You need to make the changes in KM or RM (see the tools folder to download them). Most likely you tried to use the device code that was in the text file and the file was created by a user with a different remote. If this is the problem, then load the text file into KM or RM and change the remote type there and the keys should do the "right" things. If not, you can make the changes within KM or RM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: