JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

comcasts 1067Bs - RDF questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: comcasts 1067Bs - RDF questions Reply with quote

Update: (split from here)

I ended up buying those comcasts 1067Bs. They arrived today, and yes - they all have red OK/Select buttons and are detected by IR as URC-1067Bx3.

However, after the attempt of loading one of my known upgrades into it, I found that quite a few buttons appeared "shuffled around", and some are not working.

Before I start asking the community to remotely diagnose the issue (and we may have to move to a different thread/subforum for that), let me ask for a quick "sanity check":

There seems to be only one RDF for Comcast 1067.
Does it suit both 1067 and 1067B ? or do I need a different RDF for 1067B? (the existing one has the pic with the grey OK button)

(Using JP1.x COM port cable, and can talk to 1067B without any problems)

The Upgrade I was using for the test above is the one from THIS topic. Originally was created for 8910, but. as I said, something gets "lost in translation" when moving it to 1067B.

I am surely missing something simple here...

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there are distinct RDF's. You want the one that says
Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3 (30393039) in IR and RM

They are not alphabetical, so its easy to miss them.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky, it is there indeed... just as you pointed, appears in the different place, as the id string is a bit different... I need a second pair of eyes...

OK, after I started using the correct RDF, I am now getting something that I don't quite understand.
Below are the steps that I'd like to ask someone with 1067B (Vicky?) to repeat please and see where my problem is. Sorry for the long(ish) post, but the descriptions have to be clear and explicit.

1) Connect the Comcast 1067B to PC. In my case, the RC (exactly as it's arrived from ebay) was connected via serial JP1.X cable.

2) I read the contents of 1067B using RMIR (I use version 2.01, istalled from EXE file (~11MB) in the Tools area of this site).
As you don't have the same remote contents as I do, I have uploaded the above RMIR and IR images to HERE, so you can just upload the image to your 1067B, and that should bring us "to the same page".

When you now press the RC buttons, the selected device button (AUX/TV/CABLE) up the top of RC flashes once. Note, however, that when say TV is selected, pressing some buttons (for example, OK/Select) makes CABLE button flash instead of expected TV button. No keymoves appear in "Keymoves" tab of RMIR. I don't have an explanation for that.

3) Now click the Devices tab in RMIR (there are two existing devices in there already - leave them in, do not delete).
Click "Load" and load the upgrade (use the file from THIS LINK )
Once loaded, do NOT edit this upgrade or change anything - just click OK, and when the Unassigned Device Upgrade window appears, assign it to a TV button.

So, now the device pattern in the GENERAL tab should look like below:
CBL - Cable - 1376
TV - TV - 2000 - Fujitsu Plasma P-42HHA(VHA)40_P50XHA40_55XHA40
AUX - VCR/DVD - 0503
dev3 - CD/Audio - 0331

4) Finally, upload it to a connected 1067B and disconnect RC from the JP1.X cable
Now, select TV and press LEFT or RIGHT or UP or DOWN buttons. Watch the TV button flash upon button presses.
Now press OK/Select button - again, the Cable (not TV) button flashes, even though TV is still selected, and the device is shoting out the Cable code, not the loaded upgrade code for TV.

What's wrong?
-----------------------

A second question is as follows:

Why do REWIND, FFORWARD and RECORD buttons appear NOT on the remote control bitmap image area (in the Layout tab of RM), but under the picture, as separate circles, together with PHANTOM buttons ?

Thanks, and sorry once again for the long post.
If there is a better subforum to discuss this, I don't mind this thread to be separated, or I can open the new thread there - let me know, pls.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Thanks Vicky, it is there indeed... just as you pointed, appears in the different place, as the id string is a bit different... I need a second pair of eyes...

OK, after I started using the correct RDF, I am now getting something that I don't quite understand.
Below are the steps that I'd like to ask someone with 1067B (Vicky?) to repeat please and see where my problem is. Sorry for the long(ish) post, but the descriptions have to be clear and explicit.

1) Connect the Comcast 1067B to PC. In my case, the RC (exactly as it's arrived from ebay) was connected via serial JP1.X cable.

2) I read the contents of 1067B using RMIR (I use version 2.01, istalled from EXE file (~11MB) in the Tools area of this site).
As you don't have the same remote contents as I do, I have uploaded the above RMIR and IR images to HERE, so you can just upload the image to your 1067B, and that should bring us "to the same page".

When you now press the RC buttons, the selected device button (AUX/TV/CABLE) up the top of RC flashes once. Note, however, that when say TV is selected, pressing some buttons (for example, OK/Select) makes CABLE button flash instead of expected TV button. No keymoves appear in "Keymoves" tab of RMIR. I don't have an explanation for that.

3) Now click the Devices tab in RMIR (there are two existing devices in there already - leave them in, do not delete).
Click "Load" and load the upgrade (use the file from THIS LINK )
Once loaded, do NOT edit this upgrade or change anything - just click OK, and when the Unassigned Device Upgrade window appears, assign it to a TV button.

So, now the device pattern in the GENERAL tab should look like below:
CBL - Cable - 1376
TV - TV - 2000 - Fujitsu Plasma P-42HHA(VHA)40_P50XHA40_55XHA40
AUX - VCR/DVD - 0503
dev3 - CD/Audio - 0331

4) Finally, upload it to a connected 1067B and disconnect RC from the JP1.X cable
Now, select TV and press LEFT or RIGHT or UP or DOWN buttons. Watch the TV button flash upon button presses.
Now press OK/Select button - again, the Cable (not TV) button flashes, even though TV is still selected, and the device is shoting out the Cable code, not the loaded upgrade code for TV.

What's wrong?
-----------------------

I kind of tried to warn you about this ahead of time, but you didn't have a remote so I couldn't lead you through it.

Vicky wrote:

Both the Atlases and the Comcasts have strong wills. These OEM cable remotes want to be STB remotes and some of the menu keys for non cable device types need to be keymoved or they won't work.

On the General Tab there are some settings that need to be changed

7) Cable Channel Control Lock needs to be turned OFF
8) Cable Cable Setup control lock should be turned off too, otherwise it is
difficult to change the setup code.

If you had the gray button remote, then the menu buttons would have to be keymoved, the red button remote is a little easier.

I can't help you with the second question. Hopefully someone else can.

Edit:
Quote:
Why do REWIND, FFORWARD and RECORD buttons appear NOT on the remote control bitmap image area (in the Layout tab of RM), but under the picture, as separate circles, together with PHANTOM buttons ?

Since I don't understand RM/RMIR very well and I never use the layouts tab except to see what a remote looks like, I didn't feel qualified to answer that question. I was going to wait and see what someone else was going to say but I decided to investigate on my own, and I'm not seeing that at all. I would have to wonder how up-to-date your maps and images and RDFs are. If the its been more than three years, it might be time to do them again. Major changes have been made in the last few versions. RDF's now have code selectors, and a whole bunch of errors in maps and images were detected and fixed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Vicky, I also see the three button's names in the corect place.

The usual cause of a button being displayed below the image of the remote is a mismatch between the button name in the RDF file compared to the button name in the Map file. For example, the sister remote of the 1067BX3 is the Access 60260. It shows the Play button below the remote along with a number of phantoms. Its map file mispells "play" as "paly".

The correct RDFs to use are version 1.32. I see someone just downloaded from there, so I hope that's you!
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I kind of tried to warn you about this ahead of time, but you didn't have a remote so I couldn't lead you through it.
Yes, you did too... as you said, without having the remote in front of me that was hard for me to fully appreciate your heads up... thanks.

vickyg2003 wrote:
On the General Tab there are some settings that need to be changed

7) Cable Channel Control Lock needs to be turned OFF
8) Cable Cable Setup control lock should be turned off too, otherwise it is
difficult to change the setup code.
Yep. Worked as a charm. Thanks alot for this, Vicky.

3FG wrote:
The correct RDFs to use are version 1.32. I see someone just downloaded from there, so I hope that's you!
That wasn't me at the time you typed your message, but now I've added my IP address to "downloaded by" list... :)
All fixed now, thanks, 3FG!
I can even see where the problems were with the old RDF I was using: REC vs RECORD, FWD vs FFWD, REW vs REWIND, MY_DVR vs MY DVR, CABLE vs CBL.

This solves all current issues and makes me a happy puppy... at least for now, until I find more issues... :-)

These 1067B's appear to be good remotes.
If I was to be picky, I'd say that the only couple of things that look illogical (to me, anyway, after having got used to 8910s and 8811s) are:
- Power button is not standing out and is easily mixed up with the device buttons.
- I definitely prefer numerical buttons up the top of the RC and playback control buttons at the bottom. 1067B has those the other way around.

But those are the very minor, non-significant details.

Thanks everyone for your great help (Vicky also receives special thanks for having pointed me to those comcasts on ebay).
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, could you please check your PM thanks...

Or if anyone else could help me here please - I am getting a bit confused with the identification of Comcast 1067(B) remotes by the colour of their OK/Select buttons as the seller claims that he's got some grey-buttoned ones, and their model number on the label starts with 1067B***

The RC summary spreadsheet shows that 1067 has grey OK button, and 1067B has a red one.
Is there such a thing as grey-OK-buttoned 1067B (not 1067) with JP1.3 interface?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there such a thing as grey-OK-buttoned 1067B (not 1067) with JP1.3 interface?

No.

The real name of the red button remote is 1067BX3 or sometimes 1067BC3. Perhaps there are grey button remotes with a 1067B label.

If you can get the seller to use the 983 command to blink back the signature, it is 3039 for the red button remote, and 1009 (I think) for the grey button.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3FG,

I asked the seller to do the 983 test (Vicky suggested that in the first half of this splitted thread (linked in the first post of this topic)), but he hasn't come back to me yet.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller came back to me saying that the blinkback instructions were too hard to follow for him, so he couldn't do the test after all.

I have bought another batch from him and asked him to send me both types - red-buttoned and grey-buttoned (claimed to be 1067B's too).

I will post the update here as to what those really are, after I test them on their arrival.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update as promised.

The remotes arrived today. There were three types of units in the delivery:

1) Red OK/Select button with p/n RC1475505/03MB (digits afer the slash vary from unit to unit).
The 9-8-3 test gives 3039 for those, and RMIR reports them as 1067Bx3

2) Red OK/Select button with p/n 1067BG3.
The 9-8-3 test also gives 3039, and RMIR reports them as 1067Bx3 as well.

3) When I bought this lot, I asked the seller to include one RC with gray OK/Select button. I was just curious to find what it was, as they were suspected to be 1067B's as well, despite the button colour.
Added to suspicion was a p/n on the sticker that said: URC-1067BG1.
Well... The 9-8-3 test showed 1009 code, and RMIR detects it as Comcast 1067.

So, no mysteries here, and the button colour rule holds:
Red OK/Select button => 1067B
Gray OK/Select button => 1067

Thanks again everyone, and have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Comcast is now calling them the Red Ok/Select remotes. The gray button remotes that have the My DVR are going to be JP1.2 but the remotes without the My DVR buttons are still a gamble, because you may be getting into the JP1.1 remotes that have the gray ok/select. So when you get gray button remotes its kind of a gamble. The first comcast remotes with the silver bodies were JP1.1, these quickly gave way to the JP1.2 remotes. The JP1.1 remotes are generally not supported by the jp1 tools. There are JP1.1 and JP1.2 remotes that look exactly alike, which is too bad, because the simple JP1.2 remotes with out the PIP and MY DVR buttons are really nice for simple use, but they are just too difficult to distinquish from the JP1.1 remotes to purchase them with confidence.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever sleep, Vicky? :-)

1) Both graybuttoned and redbuttoned remotes from this delivery have MyDVR button.

2) I think I have enough JP1*-compatible remotes now to be able to bundle them with my giveaway appliances for a while, so I hope that the gamble you are talking about won't be of any concern to me, at least in the near future...

Thanks for your trademark efficiency again, Vicky.

(I might ask you for a help later down the track, when I get around to programming that greybuttoned 1067 (you mentioned that it may be more idiosyncratic than the redbuttoned ones), but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...)
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Do you ever sleep, Vicky? Smile

Hehe. Insomniacs and early risers rule the Earth while everyone else are sleeping. "My dad always said that there's 24 usable hours in every day" ~ Corey Mason from Empire Records.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1067BG1 (gray OK) that does NOT have the PIP keys. It returns the same 1009 for 9-8-3 and 1067 in RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: