JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emotiva UMC-1 and Comcast Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfwells

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIcky and Robman thank you. I added the upgrade this morning and the comcast remote now controls the volume on the UMC-1. I have not had the time to test any other functions yet. Nice Job!!!
cfwells

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested all the other functions you programmed and they all work. Impressive, Kudos
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one function that was bad in the PDF. The first two buttons came up with an OBC of 88. I had trouble envisioning which functions you would need, so you'll probably need to assign a few more functions probably the source would be helpful so you can switch between various inputs.

It sounds like you've got the hang of this.
cfwells

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I correct in assuming that I can edit a saved .rmir file with the upgrade and use the RMIR program to assign unused keys and then download the .rmir file to the remote. Whats the differene between a .ir file and a .rmir file? I seem to get to the same place using either one.

Last edited by cfwells on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfwells wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that I can edit a saved .rmir file with the upgrade and use to editor to assign unused keys and then download the rmir file to the remote. Whats the differene between a .ir file and a .rmir file? I seem to get to the same place using either one.

RMIR and IR are both tools to manage your remote. They differ greatly in the fundamental design. RMIR is designed around the device upgrades, IR is designed around the E2 area.

RMIR is supposed to be easier. RMIR does keep all your JP1 information together in one file, and it does make sure your upgrades are formatted for your remote, and it does have a nice way to look up functions for EFC style KeyMoves. It also eliminates the need to use two pieces of software open at the same time and saves you from having to cut and paste between the RM and IR. RMIR will even let you modify a protocol.

IR doesn't know about any functions for a device that are not assigned to buttons. IR requires you to have two pieces of software open, but its a lot easier for me to use because the user interface is simple. Finding things in RMIR is a challenge for me because there are so many clicks here and there to get to the place you need to be. IR is simple.

So both programs should get you to the same place, its a matter of preference.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
RMIR and IR are both tools to manage your remote. They differ greatly in the fundamental design. RMIR is designed around the device upgrades, IR is designed around the E2 area.

True but is there any difference in the output of .ir and rmir files? Am I wrong to think that they are interchangeable and can be used by both tools?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end both RMIR and IR should load your e2 area with the same image. You can use either one depending on preference.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz,
RMIR can work with IR files, but IR can't read in RMIR files.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
eferz,
RMIR can work with IR files, but IR can't read in RMIR files.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: