JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using ATLAS 5056 to control a Sony BDP BX37 Blu Ray player
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be confusing button names with function names. The two complete upgrades Eferz and I posted HERE and HERE most definitely show them as open/close and eject.

I have to ask again what upgrade you are using so it can be corrected. No Sony blu-ray player has any function called Live.

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLPicard wrote:
NM I found it, I opened up RM and thru the Device Upgrade Editor, Functions, I found that the LIVE Function had OBC 22 on it. I just went to test it and found it performed the Open Close.

Hmm, you must not have used the upgrade that Eferz created for you. That one was already formatted for the Atlas.

If you used a different upgrade, it was probably originally for a different remote. When RMIR opens the file it will automatically change the remote to be the Atlas 1056, but the button assignments don't always translate that well. You need to move the functions to buttons that make the most sense for your use.

So the Eject button or Open/Close is Sony20 26.226 OBC 22, the EFC for that is 35228.

I typically like my EJECT button to be on the Shift Exit.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did install one of those upgrades and it works for the most part. At first, I couldn't locate the Open/Close button, but I found it tied to the LIVE button, and after testing found it worked. This came from the Upgrade I installed that was posted earlier and I thank you for that. What I am trying to do now is fill in the other functions that seem to be lacking. I thought Open/Close was lacking but I was wrong. The correct labeling I am not sure about though. I probably don't know what I am looking at, but using RM IR, I download from my remote the upgrade I installed earlier. Then under Device Type VCR, with Protocol Sony20, I highlight and select Edit bringing up all the functions for that device. Clicking on the Function tab I see all the Name(d) functions. Scrolling down I find that the Function Name: LIVE performs an EFC 081 OBC 22. I found that OBC 22 was Open/Close. Testing showed it did indeed Open/Close.
The thing I am asking, under the Buttons Tab, there are two columns Button and Function. In there it says the Button LIVE performs the Function LIVE. Is there a way to simply change the name of the Function to what it actually performs, in this case Open/Close?
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I just looked at the two upgrades I have for this Blu Ray and the one that I have loaded is different, I am not sure where I got it now. It works mostly, I will try the upgrades you linked directly and see if they are doing what I need, thanks for the patience.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, now it makes sense. You're working from a file with absolutely no function labels whatsoever, only button names and EFC/OBCs. When you download from your remote, you lose all of that information. You truly doing things the hard way when flying blind like that.

If you were to use the original files, RM would show all the correct function names. You never want to work with a download unless you really want to start from scratch as all the descriptive information is lost. No wonder you are having difficulty.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find which upgrade you used that would have ended up with Open/Close assigned to LIVE.

Quote:

The correct labeling I am not sure about though. I probably don't know what I am looking at, but using RM IR, I download from my remote the upgrade I installed earlier. Then under Device Type VCR, with Protocol Sony20, I highlight and select Edit bringing up all the functions for that device. Clicking on the Function tab I see all the Name(d) functions. Scrolling down I find that the Function Name: LIVE performs an EFC 081 OBC 22.

It sounds like you have the functions scrambled and then uploaded to the remote and then downloaded from the remote to get a new RMIR file.

You don't want to do that, because then you can't see what the original function names were.

When you first open RMIR and then add a device upgrade the function names make sense.

If you save the RMIR then you will have good documentation. If you work from a download, then the function names are limited to the button names, which are causing you all sorts of confusion.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno what I did to be honest. I downloaded both of those upgrades again, and plugged both of them, one at a time, into RM IR to look at how they match up with my remote and Blu Ray. The BDP-BX37 looked almost perfect. I have a punch thru (think that's what its called) for my Volume to always go to my Amp, so I had to move the Subtitle and Audio to two other keys not mapped, I did that. The other file, SONY BDP-Sx70.txt didn't match very much at all. Thanks for the help guys, I guess I am my worst enemy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: