JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using ATLAS 5056 to control a Sony BDP BX37 Blu Ray player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLPicard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Using ATLAS 5056 to control a Sony BDP BX37 Blu Ray player Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony BDP BX37
2. Type of device: DVD Player
3. Year: Uncertain
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: ATLAS OCAP UEI 1056B015ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Not yet
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes found files but can't figure out how to extract the setup codes from them
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? I finally figured out what R/C was and went to Remote Central, and finally found that 'Pronto Section' refers to a Phillips remote family? So yes I did, but can't see how it relates to my ATLAS remote
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, it generates a page of about 80 lines. I don't know what 'Protocol' I need to use, but I have tried to use the DVD Subtype codes, they didn't work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have tried to explain in this thread , an Atlas 1056 B01 can not be manually modified to send Sony Bluray signals. You need a cable. There are several upgrades in the file section which will generate the required signals.

Perhaps it isn't obvious, but there is no need to search for Sony Bluray IR signals. They are very well known, and the problem with a 1056B01 Atlas isn't finding the the IR signals, it is the inability of that remote (without a cable) to send the Sony Bluray IR signals.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Checked the file section? Yes found files but can't figure out how to extract the setup codes from them

There should be an RM or KM ICON associated with the file.

RemoteMaster (RM), can open both RM and KM type files. RM files have an .RDMU extension, and if you've installed Remotemaster, all you need to do is double click on the file and change to your remote model. Then you can assign the functions as you wish, and the output tab gives you all the information needed for IR. Or if you are using RMIR this is all integrated and you don't need to copy anything from the output tab.

KM files have a TXT extension, so to open those you need to use the LOAD button in Keymap-Master(KM) or the OPEN from the file menu in Remotemaster (RM). Change the remote, assign the functions and the output tab gives you all the information needed for IR.

PS. While you can play with IR and RM and KM without the cable, it is recommended that you always start with a download from the remote before customizing an IR file.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a direct device profile match on the Logitech Harmony Database. The IR signals have been recorded using the associated JP1 tools. Here are the files which I created for the respective device.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Apparently, I missed a couple of commands: blue and powertoggle. So, I updated both files and even assigned the commands to the layout of the remote.

Sorry, I can't bibbity bobbity for you, being only an apprentice and can barely bop she bop.

Last edited by eferz on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the effort eferz, but we already had a nearly identical sony blu-ray upgrade HERE. It's useful to know that all sony blu-rays use the same codes, as do all panasonic blu-rays. If the OP had a cable, I'd have directed him to that existing upgrade so you wouldn't have had to go to all that trouble.

JLPicard,

In your case, all you have to do is wait for your cable, download one of the files linked above (eferz new one or our existing one), pick your remote model in RM, assign to the DVD button and download. If you're not happy with the layout, drag and drop the functions you want to the buttons you want. At this stage, you require no understanding of protocols, OBCs, EFCs, or setup codes. So if this is too overwhelming, you can forget about it for now. Just load the files and you can dig into the details later.

As others have said, control of your sony is impossible without a cable, so you may as well wait. The best use of your time would be to find upgrade files for all your devices so you'll be ready to go.

The Lookup Tool is best for finding what device setup code will work with the EFC/Protocl info you get from our files or your own learns. I think most of us use the Lookup Tool in order to help others who don't have a JP1 cable. If you have a cable, you don't need the tool.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz,
Are you aware of http://hifi-remote.com/sony/? It's a very complete listing of Sony IR commands, which tend to be very uniform within a product type. I find it to be a good resource.

One thing I notice is that the LHD says OBC 22 is "Exit", but for most Sony Blurays OBC 22 actually performs "Open/Close" (aka Eject). I think that most Sony OEM remotes don't have a button for Open/Close, but neither do they have an Exit button. Exiting a menu is done with the Return button.

Of course I don't know for sure that OBC 22 isn't Exit on the BX37, but I'd bet that it is actually Open/Close. It is on the Bluray at our house.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
eferz,
Are you aware of http://hifi-remote.com/sony/? It's a very complete listing of Sony IR commands, which tend to be very uniform within a product type. I find it to be a good resource.

One thing I notice is that the LHD says OBC 22 is "Exit", but for most Sony Blurays OBC 22 actually performs "Open/Close" (aka Eject). I think that most Sony OEM remotes don't have a button for Open/Close, but neither do they have an Exit button. Exiting a menu is done with the Return button.

Of course I don't know for sure that OBC 22 isn't Exit on the BX37, but I'd bet that it is actually Open/Close. It is on the Bluray at our house.

You're right. I just rechecked the profile. It must have been a brainfart on my end from assigning the eject command to the exit button. So, instead of typing out the name of the command, I goofed up and type the name of the button. Doh! My apologies. I'll fix the files appropriately.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

The Lookup Tool is best for finding what device setup code will work with the EFC/Protocl info you get from our files or your own learns. I think most of us use the Lookup Tool in order to help others who don't have a JP1 cable. If you have a cable, you don't need the tool.

It also comes in handy when you don't have the OEM remote and can't find an upgrade in the file section. I just used the Lookup Tool last week for an ESA TV. I couldn't find an upgrade in the file section and the code search didn't turn anything up, but I was able to create an ESA upgrade from information I found in the Lookup tool. I then filled it in with a brute force EFC search before uploading it to the file section.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap, well at least I don't feel so stupid. I guess I will have to wait till I get a cable...

Thanks so much for the assistance. You guys here are quick for great and accurate responses. I do appreciate it.

One WEIRD thing that happened while I was trying to find my code with the code search on the remote though. The sequence uses CH+ to cycle to the next code attempt, then of course you try the power button to see if that code works. While cycling thru the codes, when I hit the CH+, going to the next code, the hitting of the CH+ turned the Sony BluRay off. I had not even hit the power button yet. The CH+ itself turned it off. I have no idea what that code was though, I will have to redo it to see if I can find the code with 991.

Seemed odd to me /shrug...
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLPicard wrote:
Oh crap, well at least I don't feel so stupid. I guess I will have to wait till I get a cable...

Thanks so much for the assistance. You guys here are quick for great and accurate responses. I do appreciate it.

One WEIRD thing that happened while I was trying to find my code with the code search on the remote though. The sequence uses CH+ to cycle to the next code attempt, then of course you try the power button to see if that code works. While cycling thru the codes, when I hit the CH+, going to the next code, the hitting of the CH+ turned the Sony BluRay off. I had not even hit the power button yet. The CH+ itself turned it off. I have no idea what that code was though, I will have to redo it to see if I can find the code with 991.

Seemed odd to me /shrug...

I've found that some Sony devices are a bit promiscuous and might even respond to common commands from other sub-devices. At least that's the case with my Sony NSX-24GT1. I have found at least six sets of device/subdevice/obc combination which will move the directional focus around but none which will trigger the colored symbol buttons or media playback buttons. I even tried the known list of Sony list of commands that 3FG mentioned. Alas, searching for discreet discrete commands is a painstakingly long arduous process.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
eferz,

Ok I think this is where I am at now. I have my remote upgraded and can control my DVD player, but there is no open/close command it appears. What do I do to add it?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the upgrades posted in this thread so far do have that command. What file are you using that doesn't have it? In the layout tab of RM, just drag and drop the command to the button of your choice. Many of us use the record button or shift-stop.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NM I found it, I opened up RM and thru the Device Upgrade Editor, Functions, I found that the LIVE Function had OBC 22 on it. I just went to test it and found it performed the Open Close.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to review the button layouts on all your upgrades because there is no guarantee all the functions are where you want them or assigned to any buttons at all. You shouldn't have to worry about OBCs at this stage either because all the functions in the upgrades in question are clearly labeled.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Function Name is listed as Live. The only way I knew it was Open/Close is from the OBC it performs (22) which I found out from this link: http://hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_bluray.htm

The Button is Live, but shouldn't the Function name be listed as Open/Close?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: