JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remotes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: New Remotes Reply with quote

I hear that we are close to having another family of remotes to have to support that is going to be using yet another assembler language.

Do we have a PDF manual for the new assembly language?

Also what remotes are going to be using this? I'd like to keep an eye out for a "deal" so that I can pick up a remote to be able to test protocols when the time comes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: New Remotes Reply with quote

...and more importantly, are these new remotes pretty?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new remotes are all JP2 remotes, so we haven't even sorted out how we're going to support them from a connection POV, let alone from a protocol upgrade POV.

But, to your question, the new processor is a Maxim MAXQ610.

The main page for the processor is here:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/5939

The document that includes the assembler language is this one, the section that you'll want to look at is Section 14 (starting on page 168, with details on page 170)
http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN4812.pdf

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This application note is useful for understanding the details of how the prefix instruction works. The MAXQ family is said to be the only commercially available transaction triggered processor. Technically, it has only one instruction (MOVE), and the sources and destinations determine the actions taken. It is different!

Additionally, it is a 16 bit processor and code runs in word (16 bit) addressing mode, while data can be read/written in byte or word mode, so that is also a departure from the 8 bit chips we're used to.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Robman wrote:
The new remotes are all JP2 remotes, so we haven't even sorted out how we're going to support them from a connection POV, let alone from a protocol upgrade POV
While I was reading the other assembly manuals, I thought it would be a good time to give the new language a first look.

3fg wrote:
The MAXQ family is said to be the only commercially available transaction triggered processor. Technically, it has only one instruction (MOVE), and the sources and destinations determine the actions taken. It is different!

Thanks Dave, that does look like it will be difficult to get a handle on.

Eferz wrote:

...and more importantly, are these new remotes pretty?

You must have been reading about my feeling that Atlases are ugly.. Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, it looks like a cross between s3c8 and hcs08 with the accumlator from mine, and the backwards operators from yours. Ewwwww
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off-topic: any idea if the Xsight series uses this very same processor? I want to know mainly because if some day I try to figure how it works internally and get some usb logs, dumps, or whatever.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
A little off-topic: any idea if the Xsight series uses this very same processor? I want to know mainly because if some day I try to figure how it works internally and get some usb logs, dumps, or whatever.

The Xsight remotes have a USB connector, rather than a traditional 6-pin, and nobody has taken the time to figure out how to communicate with them yet, so we don't know what processor they use.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Xsight uses the Maxim line of micros, presumably it would then use the MAXQ622, which is in many respects similar to the MAX610, but also has USB capability (and a possible 128K flash size).
yakpimp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a remote yesterday that has the MAXQ610 chip, and I was wondering if you guys ever got your hands on a couple to see what can and can't be done.

I'm looking to find a way to dump the flash part and see what's on it.

Any ideas on where to begin?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakpimp wrote:
I got a remote yesterday that has the MAXQ610 chip, and I was wondering if you guys ever got your hands on a couple to see what can and can't be done.

Yes we did Very Happy . Please tell us what remote you have, and do look at this post. Although the thread concerns a JP1.4 remote with a Samsung chip, the development version of RMIR it refers to has some support for the MAXQ610 chip. If your remote isn't an Atlas 1056B03, for which there is an RDF in the development package, your first step should be to install that development version, do a raw download from your remote, save it and post the file (which will have a .ir extension but won't load with IR.exe) for us to look at.

Do keep us informed. At present we need all the users that have remotes with the Maxim chip to assist us in testing and development, as they are so different from the JP1.x remotes that a full understanding of them is still a long way off.
yakpimp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote is not a universal, it's the new xbox 360 media remote

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/07/5975210548372bd2986bb.jpg

I'm going to try to get pictures of the insides tonight. I did look at it a couple days ago, and didn't see any pads for programming. I assume i'll have to connect directly to the chip pins.
[/img]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have serious doubts about this being a UEI remote. HERE's the support page with a link to a code list.
yakpimp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm not familiar with UEI, I assume you mean the communication standard? I can capture some signals with my IR blaster and post them if that helps.

Last edited by yakpimp on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakpimp wrote:
Sorry I'm not familiar with UEI, I assume you mean Universal Electronics Inc?

Yes, if it weren't for them then JP1 wouldn't exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: