JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete codes for Onkyo and Toshiba?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Discrete codes for Onkyo and Toshiba? Reply with quote

I have been looking for discrete ON/OFF codes for a Toshiba CX35D60 TV and an Onkyo TX-SV414PRO receiver. Both of these are fairly old and have been relegated to our rec room. I have setup remotes using JP1 for our newer gear and would like to do it for this setup. I have looked extensively with no success. I found some codes but they did not work. I tried 006 for ON and 010 for OFF with the Toshiba TV. They did not work. I tried 180 for ON and 170 for OFF for the Onkyo receiver. 180 toggles the power and 170 switched the receiver to AM.

I am using an OFA 9910 for this setup and RadioShack remotes for the other systems.

Is my search hopeless?

Thanks, Art
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toshiba TV is a TOAD. Only recent, high definition Toshiba TV's/RPTV's have discrete power commands.

There was a fairly recent discussion at Remote Central in the Discrete Forum about using two successive power toggles and if the interval between them is just right, then it acts as a discrete On or Off. It was for a different remote but you could probably emulate that behavior with an OFA remote but it will probably require some work, and might not work on your model in the first place. You might search that forum for details.

Some Onkyo Receivers do use EFC 180 in setup code AUD_0135 (NEC Generic Parameter 28 Device=210 sub-device=109) as Power On and others Power Toggle. EFC 170 in AUD_0135 is AM mode.

NEC Generic Parameter 28 Device=210 sub-device=108 (no built in setup code) EFC=170 is power Off on SOME Onkyo receivers.

You will need to create a simple device upgrade let's call it AUD_1135 and select NEC Generic Parameter 28 Device=210 sub-device=108 and test EFC 170 using setup code AUD_1135.

If that is the discrete Off command for your model, then a macro for Off|Power Toggle will be a pseudo discrete On.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
I notice that you're advising him to use parm "28" with NEC. The '2' part of the parm simply means the signal uses 2 device codes, which is appropiate, but the '8' part of the parm means "use NEC1 for regular buttons, and NEC2 for volume, channel, rewind and f.fwd buttons". If the only reason for creating these mini upgrades is to create the discrete power commands, then he could simply select NEC1 as the protocol rather than NEC Generic.

For more info on how the NEC parm byte is used, visit this thread:
The $005A NEC protocol explained.

Regarding the 210.109 code, the official setup code number for this code is MISC_AUDIO/0842. This code is actually present in the URC-6131 and URC-9960 remotes, for people luckily enough to have either of those.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we should include the "$005A explained" HTML or a link ito it in KM Master/RM readme. This is an important piece of information.

I knew that the post existed since I ran across it in conjunction with a ccf file decode where the record button toggles to a different device number.

In this case I was in a hurry so, I knew Parameter 28 wouldn't be wrong but I couldn't remember where that information was. Thanks for posting the link.

BTW, here are the other commands from sub device 108:

OBC EFC
024 245 DSP +
025 249 DSP -
071 170 power-off
076 036 stereo
077 040 surround
078 038 THX
083 107 menu
084 100 exit
085 104 display
140 060 DVD
214 110 Re-EQ
215 114 enter
aprest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to learn how to create an upgrade. I have used other people's upgrades (including modifying them) and have learned how to use extenders but I haven't yet created an upgrade from scratch.

Regards, Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: