JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to search the instructions via your eyes, but instead to do it on the PDF (which also can expand the print).

You can try the other setup codes, but using the Lookup Tool will work for some of them. Look at the 3rd and 4th devices, starting with 1972 to see 4 and 15.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I didn't mean to search the instructions via your eyes, but instead to do it on the PDF (which also can expand the print).

Wait there's a PDF?! OMG where?! Totally want that.

3FG wrote:
You can try the other setup codes, but using the Lookup Tool will work for some of them. Look at the 3rd and 4th devices, starting with 1972 to see 4 and 15.

Although, I've gone through the list already and didn't find an appropriate match, which remote selection would I select as the OARI06G in the Lookup tool?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably confused as to what you want, but I thought you wanted to know which setup codes shoot MCE. Search on MCE protocol in the Lookup Tool, and it will tell you the ones we know now. Probably the newer remotes have some higher numbered setup codes that we don't know the details of.
regne v

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Wait there's a PDF?! OMG where?! Totally want that.

Here you can find the manuals for most of the european models. For the OARI06g google is your friend.

3FG wrote:
So go ahead and change 012A to 012A:2 in the RDF, and see if that works better for you.

It works for the URC7960. Thanks a lot.

Still I'm having trouble with the shift key. Spalter said they work but not within the activities and mathdon that it had found that they shouldn't work. Any clue about this?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne v wrote:
Here you can find the manuals for most of the european models. For the OARI06g google is your friend.

Haha, I didn't know you could specify file types in Google searches. Good to know. I uploaded a copy of the manual into our file section (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10756) for safe keeping. Thanks for the help.
3FG wrote:
I'm probably confused as to what you want, but I thought you wanted to know which setup codes shoot MCE. Search on MCE protocol in the Lookup Tool, and it will tell you the ones we know now. Probably the newer remotes have some higher numbered setup codes that we don't know the details of.

My bad. Originally, I just wanted to be able to shoot MCE signals using RMDU files which you've already addressed. The recent mention of setup codes was to see if there was one built into the remote which duplicates Rob's upgrade and I already found that they don't... at least the ones listed for Microsoft. Sorry that I hadn't made myself clear.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded new RDF files for both the URC-7960 and the OARI06G to the RDF Development folder. These have my best guess as to executor variant.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne_v wrote:
Still I'm having trouble with the shift key. Spalter said they work but not within the activities and mathdon that it had found that they shouldn't work.

Not that they shouldn't work, just that they didn't, when I tried to create a keymove on a shifted key. Perhaps Spalter can tell us under what circumstances he has found that they do work.
spalter3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i created key moves for shift-audiohelp/videohelp and shift-skipback/fwd, assigning an efc in rm. they work from device modes and also in macros that i have assigned to the watchtv/movie buttons.
assigning the key-move via 994-code also works, but only if i don't have any shift keys assigned through rm. if i have, trying to define any key-move via 994 leads to the remote resetting itself to factory defaults, so there seems to be a bug somewhere in rm.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spalter3 wrote:
i created key moves for shift-audiohelp/videohelp and shift-skipback/fwd, assigning an efc in rm. they work from device modes and also in macros that i have assigned to the watchtv/movie buttons.
assigning the key-move via 994-code also works, but only if i don't have any shift keys assigned through rm. if i have, trying to define any key-move via 994 leads to the remote resetting itself to factory defaults, so there seems to be a bug somewhere in rm.

Many thanks. It suggests that shift action in the 7960 differs in some way from how RMIR does it. Since I have a 7960 I will do some experiments to investigate this, but it won't be straight away as I am tied up with other things at present.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I have uploaded new RDF files for both the URC-7960 and the OARI06G to the RDF Development folder. These have my best guess as to executor variant.

Awesome. Thanks, I see you've corrected the typo related to the Prev Ch/Last function and the MAPS & IMG files of the OARI06G & URC-7960 with the RDFs you provided. However, there is still an issue with the URC-7960's "16:9" button which is improperly associated with "FastFwd" function. I believe the issue might have something to do with ":" being observed as an java expression instead of text. Is there a way to work around or address the issue in the RDF?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't try to do anything about that, because I don't understand what you mean by "improperly associated". Do you mean that both buttons send the same code when an upgrade is loaded? If so, which code is sent?

But if you have a 7960, why not try to replace the ":" with some other character and see if it relieves the symptom? If it does, great, we'll change the RDF. If it doesn't relieve the symptom, please explain the problem.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I didn't try to do anything about that, because I don't understand what you mean by "improperly associated". Do you mean that both buttons send the same code when an upgrade is loaded? If so, which code is sent?

Well, actually, I don't have a URC-7960. However, if it works as it is shown in RM then both the "16:9" and "FastFwd" buttons would receive the same command associated with the "FastFwd" button. An easy way to tell is to install the respective IMG & MAP files and look at the URC-7960's layout tab in RM. Clicking on the "16:9" button indicates it is related to "FastFwd" instead of "16:9".

3FG wrote:
But if you have a 7960, why not try to replace the ":" with some other character and see if it relieves the symptom? If it does, great, we'll change the RDF. If it doesn't relieve the symptom, please explain the problem.

Well, I'm wasn't sure how the RDF's work. So, I wasn't sure what was acceptable. About the only thing I've reliably understood is that each button definition is comma separated. One thing confuses me is why some buttons have a $# associations while others just list the name or why some names have quotes around them while others don't. The other thing, I was able to figure out is that the auto-assign relies on the "<string>": prior to the button name.

I probably should be less afraid of trying to fork different versions of these files since this is still in beta. Anyways, I just changed the ":" into an "x" in my personal copy of the MAP and RDF and now the button is properly associated in the layout tab. If this is acceptable and doesn't break anything else then I can go ahead an upload it.
regne v

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Anyways, I just changed the ":" into an "x" in my personal copy of the MAP and RDF and now the button is properly associated in the layout tab. If this is acceptable and doesn't break anything else then I can go ahead an upload it.

I've checked this and now the 16:9 button is properly mapped. Are you aware that the uploaded URC-7960.map file still shows "16:9" instead of "16x9"?.
regne v

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Since I have a 7960 I will do some experiments to investigate this, but it won't be straight away as I am tied up with other things at present.

Maybe with an extender for the 7960?. Very Happy

I've been a big fan of your 7781 extender for the last couple of years but the "power" key started to wear out and well... the 7960 looks very nice but just lacks a few features to be perfect. Doesn't it?. Wink
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne v wrote:
I've checked this and now the 16:9 button is properly mapped. Are you aware that the uploaded URC-7960.map file still shows "16:9" instead of "16x9"?.

Yes, I hadn't gotten a response from 3FG yet. So, I do not know whether or not it will break anything else. That's why I haven't updated it yet. Though late last night I did change his RDF file to represent "16x9" because of another post. But, I forgot to also update my respective map file for the aforementioned download. This has been rectified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: