JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinhold wrote:
I assume it's because the updated JP12 serial library is just for Windows and not for linux. Is there any chance to get the updated Linux-amd64/libjp12serial.so, too?

You are right, it won't work under Linux. The offer of testing from fabriw prompted me to post this development version earlier than I had intended. There will certainly be a Linux version of the new JP12 serial library soon but our development tends to take place on Windows systems and we haven't compiled it for Linux yet.
fabriw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: problem with device upgrade Reply with quote

I tried the device upgrade for the Kiss 1600 DVD player I had on my old urc-7562. It loads OK, but when I press any button with DVD selected I get one blink followed immediately by 2 blinks and the active device is changed to TV. My rmir file is in the diagnostics area : http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10423
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with device upgrade Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:
I tried the device upgrade for the Kiss 1600 DVD player I had on my old urc-7562. It loads OK, but when I press any button with DVD selected I get one blink followed immediately by 2 blinks and the active device is changed to TV. My rmir file is in the diagnostics area : http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10423

I'm sorry about that, but that is what testing is for Sad . I get the same behaviour with your file on my URC7960. I can't immediately see what is wrong, but leave it with me and I will sort it out in the next few days.
fabriw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to feel sorry, I was expecting some problems. Very Happy (I am in the IT business)

I will do more testing this evening.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the problem and now have your .rmir file loading and working properly. However, there is another oddity with your .rmir file that I want to investigate. The DVD device upgrade includes a protocol upgrade, yet on the Devices tab it appears as if there is no protocol upgrade. I've no more time today but will look into that tomorrow and will post a new RMIR for you then.
fabriw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: key moves Reply with quote

I also have a problem with key moves, for example with device code 0176 I enter a key move for efc 245, hex E7. RMIR shows this as EFC 11717. When I enter this manually on the remote and then read the config, it becomes EFC 19141 with hex 00 00.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated this link to Beta 1.5n. Only the .jar file has been changed. I've no more time for testing today, but I think I have sorted your issues, with one exception.

The exception concerns what happens when you download from the remote and look at the EFC5 values for key moves. In your example, a key move with hex E7 has exactly the same data in the remote as one with hex E7 00. You can only tell the difference if you know whether the protocol has 1-byte or 2-byte commands. When the setup code for the key move is built in to the remote, RMIR cannot find the protocol and treats the command as 2 bytes (EFC 11717 = Hex E7 00). When the setup code is an upgrade, it can find the protocol and can (and does) distinguish between these two cases.

If you create the key move with RMIR and save a .rmir file then again it can make the distinction and on reloading the file it will show 00245 = Hex E7 (in Beta 1.5n; there were EFC bugs and I think I've corrected them). But if you create it in the remote and download it then you have the situation I described, and get EFC 11717.

I cannot see a resolution to this, and interestingly no-one has mentioned the problem before.

Please post here how you get on with this latest version. As I mentioned, I have not had as much time to test it as I would like, so no guarantees.
fabriw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my remote working as I want now, with upgrades and macros. Thank you for your efforts !

I did have to create the keymoves with the 994 command in the remote though. For example EFC 42309 : rmir has raw data 00 05 E1 00 F4 80, when I enter it manually and read it back it is 00 05 E1 00 A5 45 (setup code 1505)

Only remaining problem with the URC-7960 is the fact that macros don't work in activity mode.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:
I did have to create the keymoves with the 994 command in the remote though. For example EFC 42309 : rmir has raw data 00 05 E1 00 F4 80, when I enter it manually and read it back it is 00 05 E1 00 A5 45 (setup code 1505)

That's very interesting. Perhaps UEI has changed its EFC coding, as EFC 42309 certainly translates to a hex code F4 80 in the coding UEI has used for 5-digit EFCs up to JP1.3.

The setup code isn't relevant, by the way. Although IR.exe doesn't support the new JP1.4/JP2 remotes, it has an EFC calculator that can be used stand-alone. Open IR.exe and go to Tools/EFC Calculator. If you enter 42309 in the "EFC (decimal)" slot it shows F4 80 in the Hex Command slot.

Now you have your remote working as you want, has your interest in this group ended or would you still like to do some testing for us if I post further versions as it develops?
fabriw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly want to do further testing. btw I started with JP1 8 years ago ...
Had to change my id because I forgot the password and my email changed.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabriw wrote:
I certainly want to do further testing. btw I started with JP1 8 years ago ...
Had to change my id because I forgot the password and my email changed.

I thought you seemed rather knowledgeable for a newbie Very Happy .

I've updated the link to give Beta 1.5o. Just minor bugfixes. I haven't tackled the EFC issue yet.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beta 1.5o package now includes Linux support.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I'm going to be a help or a hindrance but I've just got my JP1 cable so have started testing the beta of this too.

My original "7960" is actually a 7962 which is the version that comes with the PS3 ir/bluetooth convertor box and is pre-programmed in GAME to work with that unit using DVD device code 2555. I have uploaded from the remote to RMIR and can see the Device upgrade for that as well as another one for DVD 3058.

I have also just bought a standard 7960 so that my wife and I can stop bickering over who has the remote! So I figured the first thing to do was download the same file to the 7960 so that they are identically set up.

The file downloads OK to the remote and everything works except the PS3 controls which all just give a very quick dim flash of the blue ring and do nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is this the same bug that fabriw found?

I have posted the RMIR files. One from the 7962 that is working perfectly and the other from the 7960 with the file saved from the 7962 loaded into it that doesn't.

I am more than happy to help with any more testing but may well need "spoon-feeding" a bit more than fabriw as I am still very new to JP1.

Files are here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10528
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10529
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the files. I think it was a problem with the RDF. Please test this for me as follows.

Open either of your .rmir files in RMIR and click the "Open RDF to view or edit" button in the toolbar (the icon is a sheet of paper with a magnifying glass). Scroll down to the section headed [Protocols] and change the "0027" in its first line to "0027:new", so that first line now reads

Code:
[Protocols]
0000, 0014, 001C, 001F, 0020, 0027:new, 002A, 002C, 0034, 0045,

Then click the "Save" button and answer "Yes" to the confirmation question that pops up. Now close RMIR, re-open it and repeat your download from the 7962 and upload to the 7960. The only difference you will see in the RMIR tabs is that on the Devices tab the PID column will now say "00 27" instead of "00 27-". The disappearance of that minus sign shows that your RDF change has taken effect.

Please report here whether this now works. If it does, I will amend the RDF in the posted file.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham. I've done that and it now works perfectly.

Geoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: