JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wof06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The only part of RM(IR) that does not run as non-root is the parallel interface, and that is brain damaged anyhow (at least the Linux version). (I have described it in more detail in another post.) Just delete it (jp1parallel.so or something like that).

I removed on purpose the jp1parallel.so to be sure it will not be called. In addition I looked at the output of strace -f and could indeed see that the correct libs are loaded. The crash seems to me to indicate a bug in the handling of the graphics and not in the communication. If the jp1parallel is however tried anyway from the java program and results in a null pointer exception, then that could be the case. I'll try to find the java source and dig into it. If the other bug related to jdk6 is a known bug, then a new rmir should be put to sourceforge. But as I wrote I circumvented it by using jdk7.
wof06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a working RemoteMaster 2.02a under Linux 64 bit without running as root.

Instead of using the jp12serial019Source I got (in a pm) access to the jp12serial020BetaSource (still with debug statements in it). This fixed the problem of leaving the URC 7960 in an unusable state. When up- or downloading the remote does flash properly twice at the end of the transmission.

Removing the code for calling libjp1parallel and/or libjp1usb from RemoteMaster.java did not make any effect. The bug with the NullPointerException was indeed in the graphics part. In the addPropertyChangeListener's (ActivityPanel.java, FavoritesPanel.java, GeneralPanel.java) I added a check for propertyChangeSupport:

Code:

if ( ( propertyChangeSupport != null ) && ( listener != null ) )

This resulted finally in a working RemoteMaster without running as root. However the fonts and the window decoration was different from the case when it was running as root. Therefore that looks to me like a permission problem when trying to set fonts or other graphics parameters. As I am otherwise unfamiliar with java I leave it to the experts whether that can be fixed differently.
Bim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Problem connecting to remote Reply with quote

Hi all and sorry for the thread necro.
I have a 7690 here and try to connect to it using an Arduino USB2SERIAL light cable and a CP2102 cable on Ubuntu 16.04 x64 with the latest RemoteMaster 2.03 and 2.04, but to no avail. I always get the "no remotes found" error. My user is in the dialout group. The rmmaster.err log is here.
The remote blinks twice after pressing "download from device" or "raw download" and the RX/TX LEDs flicker, so I guess there's something happening.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
EDIT: I was being dumb and connected Pin 2 to RST, not RTS. I works now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: