JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The problem is that you can't "chain" keymoves. When you create the keymove with the function name, it copies the function to create an "EFC-style keymove", i.e. the hex code to send is in the keymove itself. When you create it with a key name, it creates a "keycode-style keymove" in which it is the button code of the key that is stored in the keymove. When you access that keymove then the remote looks up the hex code for that button code and the setup code concerned, it does not look to see if that button itself has a keymove on it. So you will need to use function names to get the effect you want.

Just to clear up a slight confusion I have on the explanation; it sounds like the macro is firing an IR signal, just not the one he would expect. Am I right in thinking that that it is shooting the signal of the original button assignment respective of the setup code and not his configured keymove? Or am I just off kilter?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Just to clear up a slight confusion I have on the explanation; it sounds like the macro is firing an IR signal, just not the one he would expect. Am I right in thinking that that it is shooting the signal of the original button assignment respective of the setup code and not his configured keymove? Or am I just off kilter?

Well, it would do if there was an original signal on Shift-5, but there isn't, so it doesn't. I tested this, though, by putting a keymove of this type on an unshifted digit key in place of his Shift-5, and it fired the original signal in the macro while that digit key itself fired the signal of the key to which it was mapped.

Is this unusual behaviour? I thought it was normal behaviour for unextended remotes.
regne v

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Well, it would do if there was an original signal on Shift-5, but there isn't, so it doesn't. I tested this, though, by putting a keymove of this type on an unshifted digit key in place of his Shift-5, and it fired the original signal in the macro while that digit key itself fired the signal of the key to which it was mapped.

Yes, you're right. What I did notice is that the remote blinked twice when using the function names and once when the shifted key and that's because there's nothing on the shifted key. Thanks a lot.

I'll keep testing but so far the rdf it seems to work very well.

Thanks again.
Crossie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would love to help (I also have a OFA URC 7960).

I have grabbed all the files and will have a go at installing them.

I had an old USB JP1 interface but I cannot get it to work now my new PC is Windows 7, what USB interface do I need to work with this remote and the beta software?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossie wrote:
I had an old USB JP1 interface but I cannot get it to work now my new PC is Windows 7, what USB interface do I need to work with this remote and the beta software?

There are basically only two types of USB interface, the JP1 ones with a Delcom chip and the JP1.x ones for JP1.2/JP1.3 remotes that have an FTDI chip. It seems you have the former but you need the latter, any USB interface that works with JP1.2/JP1.3 remotes. The new software enables them to work with JP1.4 and JP2 remotes as well.
landolfi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Still can't get shifted keys to work Reply with quote

OK, I posted a file here that contains a keymove on Shift-5. I am using the latest RDF with AdvCodeFormat=EFC, but I still can't get the keymove to send that EFC. The EFC works as expected if I just send it from the remote. I have tried fast double setup and slow double setup before the 5 key and it still doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
landolfi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, duh. I had copied the updated 3224903 RDF but mine has signature 329801. When I added the AdvCodeFormat=EFC to 329801, it works.
Teleport

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just bought a URC-7960 from Amazon UK.

After reading through this thread I've ordered a JP1.x cable, but just need to know what software I need to download and anything that is still not working.

I can then help with testing if required.

Thanks

John
simbloke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just had success with my URC-7960 and this latest RMIR running under Ubuntu. This my first time using JP1 and I downloaded the config, modified and uploaded back to the remote with no problems Smile

One thing I'm unsure about, what does 'Audio Action' and 'Video Action' on/off mean under the Activities tab? At the moment they are off for all the activity modes, what changes when they are on? The Activity Group Assignments I setup seem to work fine as things stand.

A note for Ubuntu users. The device for the FTDI cable shows up with groups permissions so just put yourself in the 'dialout' group instead of using gksudo in the script. In fact all I need to start the program is java -jar RemoteMaster.jar -ir

Sim

[edit to fix a missing word]

Last edited by simbloke on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbloke wrote:
Just had success with my URC-7960 and this latest RMIR running under Ubuntu. This my first time using JP1 and I downloaded the config, modified and uploaded back to the remote with no problems Smile

Glad to hear it! Thank you for letting us know this worked.

Quote:
One thing I'm unsure about, what does 'Audio Action' and 'Video Action' on/off mean under the Activities tab? At the moment they are off for all the activity modes, what changes when they are on? The Activity Group Assignments I setup seem to work fine as things stand.

If you have the printed manual, you will see on page 19 that it says "If the 'help' function is not working, it needs to be activated." There then follows the instructions for activating them for a particular activity. The Off/On under Audio Action and Video Action refers to this activation. Since it was in the manual, I thought I should allow this activation also through RMIR, but as for what it does, or what difference it makes, I have no idea Smile .
simbloke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

simbloke wrote:

If you have the printed manual, you will see on page 19 that it says "If the 'help' function is not working, it needs to be activated." There then follows the instructions for activating them for a particular activity. The Off/On under Audio Action and Video Action refers to this activation. Since it was in the manual, I thought I should allow this activation also through RMIR, but as for what it does, or what difference it makes, I have no idea Smile .

I see thanks. In fact I don't find these keys helpful by default! Video help would just cycle through all the inputs on my TV, of which only 3 are connected. But now, in device modes, I have them set to select select the correct HDMI input for each device, much more useful. Smile

Sim

[edit to fix quoting]
paoleela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status of the URC-7960 now, is it supported by RemoteMaster?

Could we also add this remote to the lRemoteChart even if its not supported, just to have that information there?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paoleela wrote:
What is the status of the URC-7960 now, is it supported by RemoteMaster?

Yes, the current release v2.02a of RemoteMaster does support the URC-7960.
wof06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Yes, the current release v2.02a of RemoteMaster does support the URC-7960.

As I do have both an URC-7960 and v2.02a I can confirm that for the Windows version. The Linux version (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit) is not working correctly with java 6 (device edit window pops up but remains invisible), but java 7 is o.k. However the Linux version of rmir does only run as root.

When trying to start rmir as ordinary user I do get a null pointer java exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException at
com.hifiremote.jp1.GeneralPanel.addPropertyChangeListener(GeneralPanel.java:273)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installListeners(SynthPanelUI.java:83)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthPanelUI.installUI(SynthPanelUI.java:63)

There is still another issue with the Linux version, it leaves the 7960 in an unusable state after correctly up/or downloading. For the time being I do have an ugly workaround. I will report here, when I found a better working version or the correct bug fix.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wof06 wrote:
The Linux version (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit) is not working correctly with java 6 (device edit window pops up but remains invisible), but java 7 is o.k.

Is it possibly this problem?

Quote:
However the Linux version of rmir does only run as root.

When trying to start rmir as ordinary user I do get a null pointer java exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException at

The only part of RM(IR) that does not run as non-root is the parallel interface, and that is brain damaged anyhow (at least the Linux version). (I have described it in more detail in another post.) Just delete it (jp1parallel.so or something like that).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: