JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Official update for Onkyo receiver and questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmalkav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interestest in this, I haven't abandoned it, just I changed my JP1 remote por a URC7960 so I will continue when the software to program this one is available.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
If anyone is interestest in this, I haven't abandoned it, just I changed my JP1 remote por a URC7960 so I will continue when the software to program this one is available.

I dunno if it helps but I recorded the IR signals from the respective Logitech Harmony Database profile. Here are the files which I created from the respective JP1 tools.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an Harmony 900 for almost free -weird story...- and for what I see some inputs doesn't work as expected, also it is missing the discrete power commands, but anyway this info can be useful also. Thanks.

PS: ICT file? I didn't knew about those.

PPS: Ouch. They are using thre subdevices, not two. Time to start trying 210.8 stuff too them.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
PS: ICT file? I didn't knew about those.

ICT files are the output created by IR Scope (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8499).
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to continue working on this with a 7960 , just to discover it miss the 2878 device -I will never understand what policy they use to select what codes their devices have-. Any idea another code that will setup the proper protocol/device/subdevice to try some EFC5?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use Audio 1298 (31298), change the rmdu file to use NEC1 Combo with device 210, and enter the appropriate subdevice to calculate the correct code.

BTW, what does 2878 mean?
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device 2878 is Onkyo HTX-22HD and HDX , but is horribly incomplete, that is the basis I was using for my file.

Quote:
Just use Audio 1298 (31298), change the rmdu file to use NEC1 Combo with device 210, and enter the appropriate subdevice to calculate the correct code.

SO, it is 7960 already workable on RM? Time to solder my JP1 cable then.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought your goal was to test 210.8 codes with a built-in setup code. So let RM calculate the codes to manually try in your remote. Or do things the easy way and use your old remote with WAV upgrades.

7960 support seems to have stalled. After using mine a little, I've decided I'm not that crazy about it anyway and will probably sell it. My other JP1.3 remotes are a lot better in every way. I recommend you find some other JP1.3 remote too.

It doesn't really matter, but I still don't understand what 2878 means. I see no references to that number in the onkyo code spreadsheet or any of the upgrades posted so far.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It doesn't really matter, but I still don't understand what 2878 means. I see no references to that number in the onkyo code spreadsheet or any of the upgrades posted so far.

It is the OFA code for the original upgrade I uploaded, it is also the code showed on the Xsight.

Quote:
7960 support seems to have stalled.

Ah, OK, didn't understood you well.

Quote:
Or do things the easy way and use your old remote with WAV upgrades.

I no longer have that remote. I got a really good price for the 7960 + PS3 adapter, so I got the 8350 back to the store and use taht money for the 7960 pack, needing the PS3 adapter and with 7960 support in progress it seemed a good idea.

Quote:
I thought your goal was to test 210.8 codes with a built-in setup code. So let RM calculate the codes to manually try in your remote.

Yeah, my idea was to use a built-up code for tests, I need codes for 210.6 , .7 and .8 .
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...my idea was to use a built-up code for tests, I need codes for 210.6 , .7 and .8 .
The code I posted will work for all three.

Quote:
needing the PS3 adapter and with 7960 support in progress it seemed a good idea.
Makes sense.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mdavej, I tried your idea but it doesn't work with the EFC5 codes RM generates for NEC1Dev combo, nor the 4Dev combo EFC5 codes my beta update had and worked ok on the 8350. Will retry tonight to see if I did something wrong.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the wrong protocols. You have to pick "NEC1 Combo".
madmalkav

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing either.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup code (3)1298 will definitely work. Let's make sure that we're all on the same page. Use NEC1 Combo (not NEC Combo).
Compare the EFCs you're seeing to these:
Power Toggle 62185
Vol+ 61050
Cursor Up 62075 (subdevice 7)
Cursor Up 61051 (subdevice 6)

Note that I've included two versions of Cursor Up. That's because the WAV file you received used subdevice 7, while the Onkyo apreadsheet shows subdevice 6. Do you remember if the cursor keys worked when using the WAV file? The LHD file that eferz captured also shows subdevice 7, so it's probably better to use the ICT file that he uploaded in preference to the spreadsheet. Don't use the rmdu file--it is only useful if you can load an upgrade, and that's not possible yet.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, doesn't work. I'm probably failing in doing something. I press magic 3 seconds, select amp, input the four numbers device code -this remote won't accept the five number versions-. Then I press magic and input the EFC5 code. Amp will blink eveytime I input one number and the circle will light up when I input the last one. No reaction at all in the A/V receiver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: