JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need bin files for fonestar 581 whd for slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xpresscat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: need bin files for fonestar 581 whd for slingbox Reply with quote

need bin files for fonestar 581 whd for slingbox

thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This device appears to be an HD sat receiver

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xpresscat, the slingbox expert is on vacation till tuesday.

Alan,
Since I saw that you are on vacation, I was going to help out. I found the model is FoneStar RDS-581WHD. But I can't find my widget. I reverted to using a remote to do a capture. Boy I hate that procedure. It uses a Nec1 128.255 code, but I just can't do a whole capture using a remote. It is too frustrating and I'm short on time.

Vicky

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were the OBCs for the buttons that you did learn Vicky? We have several upgrades that use 128.255 and I want to see if they're a likely match
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting this file is going to be a pretty close match...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9891
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What were the OBCs for the buttons that you did learn Vicky? We have several upgrades that use 128.255 and I want to see if they're a likely match
. I did't see any 128.255s in jp1 master 1.09 or i would have given head to head learning anoter shot. I only recall obcs 17, 18 and 24 coming from the numbers. Head to head learning was always way to difficult for me to do without a helper. I hope tommy gets his parts soon. I already have 2 but i'm thinking of getting a spare as an insurance policy. Seeing the widget draught is making me nervous!!!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I didn't see any 128.255s in jp1 master 1.09 or i would have given head to head learning another shot.

I don't know how you missed them.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/temp/NEC1-128-255.jpg

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I didn't see any 128.255s in jp1 master 1.09 or i would have given head to head learning another shot.
I don't know how you missed them.
i probably had another filter set by mistake.

xpresscat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lots the files (pl) works perfect on my slingbox solo england
EchoSmart DSB 791
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Did u check all the buttons, because there were some differences between the various files that use that codeset for some of the buttons. For example, do the transport buttons work (ie, rewind, ffwd, etc)
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Head to head learning was always way to difficult for me to do without a helper. I hope tommy gets his parts soon. I already have 2 but i'm thinking of getting a spare as an insurance policy. Seeing the widget draught is making me nervous!!!

I hesistate to mention this, but if you're really desperate, there is an alternative device that can run a ported version of the widget FW.

It's probably a bit too primitive for a hardware phobe, but here it is nonethless:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/usb-infrared-toy-v2-p-831.html?cPath=174

The price is actually cheaper than the original widget, but it's not so nicely packaged. Don't get too distracted by the capabilities of the IR Toy out of the box. The FW it comes with is very pedestrian, but it can be reflashed with a ported version of the widget FW. The IR Toy community is mostly LIRC types that have next to zero understanding of the intricacies of IR protocols and just want to record/play IR from their computer. The original FW doesn't even use the raw IR sensor, but uses the demod sensor instead. The demod sensor has long been deprecated on the genuine Widget, but at least the IR Toy has the raw QSE157 sensor available for the ported Widget FW.

A.A.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cauer29 wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Head to head learning was always way to difficult for me to do without a helper. I hope tommy gets his parts soon. I already have 2 but i'm thinking of getting a spare as an insurance policy. Seeing the widget draught is making me nervous!!!
I hesistate to mention this, but if you're really desperate, there is an alternative device that can run a ported version of the widget FW.

Nah, I finally found it and I do have a spare.

Quote:
It's probably a bit too primitive for a hardware phobe, but here it is nonethless:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/usb-infrared-toy-v2-p-831.html?cPath=174

The price is actually cheaper than the original widget, but it's not so nicely packaged. Don't get too distracted by the capabilities of the IR Toy out of the box. The FW it comes with is very pedestrian, but it can be reflashed with a ported version of the widget FW. The IR Toy community is mostly LIRC types that have next to zero understanding of the intricacies of IR protocols and just want to record/play IR from their computer. The original FW doesn't even use the raw IR sensor, but uses the demod sensor instead. The demod sensor has long been deprecated on the genuine Widget, but at least the IR Toy has the raw QSE157 sensor available for the ported Widget FW.

Is there a sticky on this in the hardware forum. I am a hardware phobic. My attempt to do add an eeprom on a 6011 burned me forever. Hardware work can almost cure my JP1 obsession. I went awol for 3 years after that ill-fated atempt. I would always prefer to buy my stuff ready made. The hardware stuff is such a turn off.
xpresscat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Great! Did u check all the buttons, because there were some differences between the various files that use that codeset for some of the buttons. For example, do the transport buttons work (ie, rewind, ffwd, etc)

i check the buttons that i normaly use and work great thanks
i can make all that the remote control make
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: