JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

humax alternative code
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mihaid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: humax alternative code Reply with quote

I am using this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9745
with my slingbox and it works ok. However because I own 2 boxes, one box uses an alternative code so that each remote only operates one box. Is there a way to modify the above remote so that it would operate the box with the alternative code?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would need to know what the code is sending. We don't know that.
For a while there slingbox had a site that would let you capture signals, but as fas a I know that site has been more or less abandoned.

The bin you are pointing to uses a Nec1 0.16 signal. If this other box is the same model, it would be typical for a manufacturer to change the device subdevice combination and leave the OBC's alone. That of course gives them 256x 256 options and you wouldn't, couldn't use guesswork to find the right code. However we have several Humax upgrades that offer up different Nec1 device combinations, and use the same OBC's. So you can experiment if you are so inclined.

If you are going for the experimental route I'd start with this Humax HD-7000 unit, as it looks to be the same OBCs but a different bit set in the subdevice.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7769

Otherwise you could capture this with a widget, and then there would be no guess work.
mihaid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created binaries using Remotemaster and the rmdu file you pointed me at and I also used bin files from the HD 7000 forum but none will work.
The remote in the first link I posted works ok. On the physical remote I press OK and 0 together which gives me a choice of modes 1 to 6. The remote in the first link works as my physical remote in mode 1. The one I am trying to achieve is mode 2. Are these not standardised somehow?

With regards to experimenting, I would do that if I was sure what to do, which I'm not.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
The remote in the first link I posted works ok. On the physical remote I press OK and 0 together which gives me a choice of modes 1 to 6. The remote in the first link works as my physical remote in mode 1. The one I am trying to achieve is mode 2. Are these not standardised somehow?

Let me explain what happens, when you OK and 0 to change the mode what you are really doing is programming the physical remote to send different signals. If you were a JP1 user, what you would do is this. You would change the mode to each of the possible codes and then learn the signals from the original remote using a JP1 learning remote. You would then look at the captured signals to see what codes they use.

I'm expecting that the individual button codes would be the same but the main device codes would change. We can't predict what those device codes would be without somebody doing the exercise that I just outlined.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have the humax box to capture the code. There are too many combinations to try all of them. 256x256 to be exact. However you could try the various combinations that we have in the upgrdes, that's a reasonable number of choices and just might yield you something.

Humax is known to use Nec1 siganls with these device subdevice combinations

Device.Subdevice

Its probably a good chance its one of these codes, but no guarantee. If you want to know for sure, get a widget.
mihaid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
We don't have the humax box to capture the code. There are too many combinations to try all of them. 256x256 to be exact. However you could try the various combinations that we have in the upgrdes, that's a reasonable number of choices and just might yield you something.

Humax is known to use Nec1 siganls with these device subdevice combinations

Device.Subdevice

Its probably a good chance its one of these codes, but no guarantee. If you want to know for sure, get a widget.

I thank you very much for all this, but in the short time I had to look into how to create remotes I have not come across what to do with the codes you gave me above. If there is a place which can tell me what to do I would welcome a link or if the instructions are short just spelt out here.
If I manage to solve this I could upload the resulting bin files for any other Humax user out there.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry. Since you had created a bin from an rdmu  I thought you already knew how to do this.   Open the Humax rdmu and replace the device and subdevice values with the various pairs of numbers. This is located on the first tab, right below where it says NEC1. Then generate the bin and test. 

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mihaid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Oh sorry. Since you had created a bin from an rdmu  I thought you already knew how to do this.   Open the Humax rdmu and replace the device and subdevice values with the various pairs of numbers. This is located on the first tab, right below where it says NEC1. Then generate the bin and test. 

Thank you
Ok
I starte remote master loaded Humax HD-7000.rmdu it came with Protocol NEC1 setup code 2011
I changed in protocol parameters device number/subdevice as per your pairs( I noticed fixed data hex numbers changing) then export binary S2011_RV.bin to the SBAV in slingmedia. Pressing power on test remote page did not wake up my humax with any of the pairs. One pair managed to wake my other box 0,16.
Anything else I might try?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
One pair managed to wake my other box 0,16.

Do you need anything else? It looks like you've found the device code/sub-device code you need, right?
mihaid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mihaid wrote:
One pair managed to wake my other box 0,16.

Do you need anything else? It looks like you've found the device code/sub-device code you need, right?

I was saying in post 1 that I do have 2 boxes. The box which was awaken is the box I can control already.Don't need that.

None of the pairs managed to wake up the box I am trying to control from the beginning of this thread.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was the "other" box that you were trying to program.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did note that they used 0.23 1.23 2.23. I wonder if they did 0.16 1.16 2.16 ....
Really there are too many combinations to dotrial and error.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mihaid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I did note that they used 0.23 1.23 2.23. I wonder if they did 0.16 1.16 2.16 ....

Those didn't work either, but I may have some useful information. I was told by someone, the only difference between the codes sent in the different modes is the last part. 0x1000 for mode 1, 0x10fa for mode 2. what can I do with it?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihaid wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Those didn't work either, but I may have some useful information. I was told by someone, the only difference between the codes sent in the different modes is the last part. 0x1000 for mode 1, 0x10fa for mode 2. what can I do with it?

Well with the nec signal there is the device, subdevic, function, ~function.

The first part of YOUR signal is 0x0010 for mode 1 so I don't see any way to use that data. What we need is someone with a Humax and a Widget to get the information for us, and that's not an easy combination to find.
mihaid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a widget?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: