JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Car Stereo ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Sony Car Stereo ? Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony (Various) Remote Model RM-X172
2. Type of device: Car Stereo
3. Year: 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: All
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? for a few hours more
7. Checked the file section? yes no other sony car stereos that I could find
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? nope
9. Partially working setup code?n/a
10. Learning remote question?IR Widget
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No

This Remote is shipped with these items
* CDX-GT730UI - CD Receiver MP3/WMA/AAC Player
* CDX-GT740UI - FD 8G USB 1WIRE
* CDX-GT930UI - CD Receiver MP3/WMA/AAC Player
* DSX-S200X - FM/AM Digital Media Player
* MEX-BT3900U - Bluetooth® Audio System
* MEX-BT39UW - Bluetooth® Audio System

I have friends in from out of town and I captured their Sony Car Stereo remote, and have a couple of questions.

All the keys except the Volume + and Volume - have a release frame.
When you release any non-repeating button, the unit sends 2 frames of a Sony15 Device 132, OBC 69.

Is there a Sony executor that sends a Sony 15 code with a secondary release frame?

What category do Car Stereo upgrades belong in?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Rob H's Sony site Sony15 Device 132, OBC 69 is the "less than 3 sec hold flag". There is also OBC 68 which is the "more than 3 sec hold flag". Have you tried releasing some non-repeating buttons after holding the button for more than 3 seconds?

Rob's Sony Site wrote:
I got a report, that included, among various codes, that there were some unusual codes with one of the remotes for this. For every button except the volume buttons, there are other codes sent after the command code for a function. If the button is held less than 3 seconds, then the key code is sent until release and then code 69 is sent 3 times. If it is held longer than 3 seconds, then the keycode changes to 68 after the 3 seconds. The volume buttons act normally, however.

This might also be used for a stand-alone tuner.

I wonder what would happen if the release frame were omitted.

I don't know of any combo exec that will send the release frame (but that doesn't mean there isn't one).

Car Stereo's go in the Misc folder.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
According to Rob H's Sony site Sony15 Device 132, OBC 69 is the "less than 3 sec hold flag". There is also OBC 68 which is the "more than 3 sec hold flag". Have you tried releasing some non-repeating buttons after holding the button for more than 3 seconds?

I didn't see the OBC 68 in any of my captures, because I only had a 1 second capture time set in IRScope. I went back and set the capture time to 8 seconds and found that after 44 frames of the functioning I got continuous repeats of the 68 OBCs. Rob H's site says they were seeing three frames of OBC 69, but I only saw two repeats of the release frame.

Quote:

I wonder what would happen if the release frame were omitted.

Well, my experience with high light situations in FL lead me to believe that the other frames would be very helpful in a car where you have all those windows.

So if its a volume key, it just repeats, no release frames.
All other keys send 2 release frames (OBC 69) if the key is held down less than 3 seconds (44 repeatss)

All other keys send continuous (OBC 68) frames if the key is held down more than 3 seconds. I would guess there is a minimum of 2 of these frames, but can't confirm that.

All the OBC's match Rob H's list so I just need to work on an executor to get the repeat frames down.

Any ideas you have on a strategy of how to get this done in the executor.

I'm sure I can get it to work, but I can never get them as small as you can.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI has probably written one too, so if you're not in a rush, you could wait to see if they send me one. Unless you want to write one just for the fun of it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
UEI has probably written one too, so if you're not in a rush, you could wait to see if they send me one. Unless you want to write one just for the fun of it.

The only reason I'm doing this is to have the upgrade in the file section. I have no need for this upgrade at all. Its an itty-bitty remote that would be easily lost and replacement remotes are expensive so someone is bound to come looking for it in the future.

But yeah it does look like fun. Its a mind teaser, but its not impossible

jetstar52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
UEI has probably written one too, so if you're not in a rush, you could wait to see if they send me one.

Oooh! While they're at it, can they send you the secrets behind jp1.4?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I haven't asked!
jetstar52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cruel of them to deny us!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UEI official upgrade for this is RCVR/2440.

The setup code and PID have been changed to work with older remotes.

Sony_Car_Stereo_Remote_RM-X172

I haven't had time to do the HCS08 version, but if you need the version post here and someone will get right on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: