JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trouble decoding IO-Data HVT-BCT300 in IRScope 2.01
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Larry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up again, regarding #2, some deranged maniac came in here in selected "Disable Decoder" in IR Scope. I wonder who that could have been?

Anyway it works MUCH better with that deselected.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital Larry wrote:
#3 Furthermore, the manufacturer of the remote sent me some information confirming that this is an NEC protocol. Each button has what is called the "Custom code": 85 E3. Following that, each button has 2 more bytes, the first of which is always 27 and then the final one is unique per button.

I am going through the NEC protocols in Remote Master to see which one would possibly allow me to enter the data in such a way. I'm a "paint by numbers" guy as far as this IR stuff goes so I could easily be overlooking something the rest of you find incredibly obvious.

Remember what I said in the 4th post above:
The Robman wrote:
The learns appear to be a variation of the NEC format, except that the first three bytes are fixed and the 4th byte varies.

These are not true NEC signals so you can't use any of the current NEC sections in RM. In a normal NEC signal the 3rd byte varies for each button and the 4th byte is the complement of the 3rd byte. That's not the case with these signals, that's why they don't decode properly and why Vicky had to write a custom executor to generate the signals.

Having said that, let's look at the data itself. Here's the data that I posted above for the POWER button:

10100001 11000111 11100100 10111000

NEC is a "LSB" protocol so you have to read the binary backwards. Here is the binary reversed:

10000101 11100011 00100111 00011101

Now let's convert each binary string into hex:

85 E3 27 1D

You'll see that the first 2 bytes are "85 E3" and the 3rd byte is "27", just like your contact said. I'm guessing that they list the code for POWER as "1D".
Digital Larry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: JP1 experts ROCK! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, sorry I got sidetracked because yesterday I combined disabling the decoder with attempting to test the upgrade created by Vicky. Anyway I'm back on track with it now and as far as I can tell, the upgrade now acts the same way as the original remote. This is really encouraging. Now all I have to do is send it to the customer to test it with the real tuner device which I don't happen to have here.

I will let you know what happens. In the meantime, thanks aplenty to Vicky and all who contributed to the discussion.

Very Happy Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: