JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Back, and Need to Modify My Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify.

Use the function names as they appear on your original remote to fill in the function sheet. Assign the functions to whatever button makes sense on your JP1 remote.

Oops, this sent us to page 2, make sure you don't miss mdavej's post on the previous page.l

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't pick up on that before. If you're asking what buttons to put the source functions on, I think the shifted number keys are good places, in the same location as they are on your pio remote (BD on shift-1, DVD on shift-2, etc.). Just remember, to use them you have to press shift twice before the number.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assigning unique functions to dev3 keys and pointing them to keys on the AUX device is where I fade out. I don't really understand how to do that. Below is my stab at it, but it doesn't work.

Below is a capture of IR's Move Key tab. I tried to assign the DVR, DVD & BD functions from the Pioneer (dev3) to AUX. The Add screen asks for the codes in EFC but the spreadsheet gives them in OBC1 & OBC2. I did some kind of attempt to convert them using the Functions tab in KeyMap, but KeyMap gives results in 5 digit and 3 digit EFCs?? Since all this is pretty much Greek to me I have no confidence I did it right -- and the AUX keys 1, 2, & 3 don't work, that is, they don't switch between devices.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post your IR file and the KM or RM upgrade file you're using to calculate the EFCs? You did the keymoves correctly except for the actual EFC values. Those don't look right. I don't know the correct values unless I enter them into your upgrade file.

Having said all that, I think you are going about this the hard way. I would just put the functions you want into your pioneer upgrade then keymove the actual keys instead of having to deal with EFCs.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my IR file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9742

Here is the file I used for the receiver. I did not modify it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=503
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the functions you want are impossible with that upgrade. You must use the Pioneer 4DEV protocol. If you change to that protocol, paste in the new device code and the new protocol code, then the following should work in your keymoves. I got the EFCs by picking device 165 and entering the obc1 and 2 values from the excel file linked earlier.

Code:
BD   07110
DVD   16228
DVR   48724
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a novice at this, your message was a mind bender. I thrashed around looking for a place to change the protocol to 4DEV in IR.exe. Finally decided to try in the KeyMap spreadsheet. I made that work and pasted the stuff into IR, then constructed the KeyMoves.

I have no idea how you knew the protocol had to be changed but it's working.

Thanks very much.

I'm happy to upload the changed D608 upgrade, but the only difference is the protocol change. Do you still think I should upload it?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i_am_jim wrote:
I'm happy to upload the changed D608 upgrade, but the only difference is the protocol change. Do you still think I should upload it?

Well you do have the three buttons to add. Typically we'd like to have all the buttons from the original remote if you are going to add the upgrade. As you know the more complete the upgrade the easier it will be for the next newbie. But even the improvement of having the next 3 buttons would be helpful.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the buttons in IR so they are not in the text file
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a good learning exercise for you to see if you can find how to set up the buttons in KM and then to add and TEST the rest of the buttons from your remote. If you ask questions we'll be happy to tutor you.

Use the spreadsheet that was linked to above and then find all those input buttons that are on your OEM remote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: