JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba DVR670KU VCR/DVDR COMBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Toshiba DVR670KU VCR/DVDR COMBO Reply with quote

1. Device: Toshiba DVR670KU
2. Type of device: DVDR/VCR COMBO
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Don't know what that is.
9. Partially working setup code? N/A
10. Learning remote question? need setup code

I am hoping you can help me find the SETUP CODE for this device. I have already tried the following, but none worked:

Go Video 0715
Hitachi 0664
JVC 0867
Samsung 0820
Sansui 0695
Sharp 0630
Sylvania 0675
Toshiba 0503
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you need is DVD Video/1988 NEC1 69.188 and as far as I can tell, there is no way to send this type a signal from a 6131n.

Two other likely candidates are DVD/0845 and DVD/1045. Toshiba has also used DVD/0041,0042,0043,0045,0067, 0081, 0209, 0240,0432,0573 and 0695 on some older models.

Many OneForAll remotes have a *991 code search too. This can sometimes turn up a code that works, even though it doesn't match the OEM remote. I've had several pieces of equipment that respond to different types of signals.

Good Luck

Please let us know if you find how your search turns out.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately all the codes you listed above, do not work for me.

I also tried doing the 991 search for code trick, but never got any response for either the DVD or VCR. I did try each one for about 10 minutes before I gave up. Maybe I needed more time? It's tough to have to be pressing the Power button and then the Device button repetitively.

The good news is that I also was able to find (on my own) that the code I needed was DVD Video/1988 NEC1 69.188 (the same one you listed above) -- which to me, means a lot, because I am learning slowly how to utilize the information that is provided and archived in this wonderful site.

Is there anything else I can try?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DVD/1988 is the right code, it is not present in the URC-6131n, so it's pointless doing an extensive 991 search. Your only options with this particular remote are to (a) solder in an EEPROM chip then load the code with a JP1 cable or (b) call OFA to see if they're still offering an upgrade service. If they are, you would send them your URC-6131n and they would replace it with a remote like the URC-6820.

Alternatively, some UEI remotes that do have the DVD/1988 code in them are: Radio Shack 15-2144, One For All URC-6690 and URC-8820 and RCA RCRP05B.

In your original post, you said "Don't know what that is" in response to the "8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?" question. Could you help us to make the description in the sticky post clearer so it's more understandable.

Also, you skipped the "11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? " question, which in this case would have been quite helpful to you.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend opting for a UEI learning remote rather than doing the mod on the 6131. If you had an old JP1 learner then investing in the older technology would make sense, but for a non-learning remote it doesn't seem like a good longterm solution.

The Robman wrote:

In your original post, you said "Don't know what that is" in response to the "8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?" question. Could you help us to make the description in the sticky post clearer so it's more understandable.

Rob, I think I should give that a shot, since I've was searching RC the wrong way for about 9 years! It wasn't until I did that little project for you that I found out how helpful that site can be if you search it correctly!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Rob, I think I should give that a shot, since I've was searching RC the wrong way for about 9 years! It wasn't until I did that little project for you that I found out how helpful that site can be if you search it correctly!

OK, give it a shot. Here's the description from the sticky. (I'm including the one for #7 also, because the #8 description refers to it.

The Robman wrote:
7. Checked the file section?
This is more of a checklist item than a real question. The assumption is that you have checked the file section to see if someone else has created an upgrade for this device but didn't find one. Please provide more details if this is not the case. AND REMEMBER, you don't always need to find the exact model that you have as many manufacturers use the same codeset for all models of a device.

If you don't know which folder your file would be in, use the file section search button (don't search the forum):

If you have tested the upgrades for similar models and they didn't work, please say so in your post. If you found an upgrade that partially works, please post a link to it. DO NOT refer to upgrades by the setup code number that was used as this is meaningless to us.

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
Ditto for this one. If you didn't find anything in our file section, please check the Pronto file section at remotecentral.com. If you find a file, please post a link to it as we may be able to use it to create an upgrade for you.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see questions 7 and 8 reworded.
Quote:
7. Checked the file section?
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
no use introducing another term like R/C, perhaps even have the links in the questions as people don't seem to read any farther than the list. . . . Rolling Eyes

Quote:
1. Device:
2. Type of device:
3. Year:
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?
6. Still have original remote?
7. Checked for device upgrades in our file section?
8. Checked Pronto file section at remotecentral.com?
9. Partially working setup code?
10. Learning remote question?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?

Also instead of pointing at the download area, I think we should shove them directly into the upgrade area, but that's a personal preference.

Quote:
7. Checked for device upgrades in our file section?

Searching R/C has been a problem for me. My mistake was the first time in followed the link, when I got there, I hit search. It felt like what I should have been doing. I didn't even recognize that those links down below were brand names! I continued to do file searches never realizing that there was a brand list..... It was PAINFUL and unproductive to try and search r/c that way and I continued to do it that way for almost a decade. So I'd like to point out that they should scroll not search, and I'd also like to give them instruction on how to navigate from the home page down into the file area. I never found that in all the years I visited the site.

Quote:

8 Checked the pronto file section at Remotecentral.com?
Ditto for this one. If you didn't find anything in device upgrades area , please check the file section at remotecentral.com. The files there segregated by pronto remote types. The CCF files are the easiest configuration files to work with. Here is a list of all the brands found in the CCF files for Philips Pronto and Philips Pronto Classic Configuration Files. PCF files are a painful to work with but they provide another good source of information. Here is a list of brands found in the PCF files for Philips Pronto NG TSU3000-TSU5000 Configuration Files.

When you get to these pages, DO NOT click on the search button, but rather scroll down the list looking for your brand. Click on the brand to see the equipment categories. Click on the category to see the model numbers and get links to the files available to download.

To navigate to these brand lists without a direct link, click on the Files button, and then choose the type from the Quick File Area Index, and then click on the Configuration Files link.

If you find a file, please post a link to it as we may be able to use it to create an upgrade for you.

Also for #9 I'd like to add the words that are in bold. That MIGHT make more of an impression, but I doubt it. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
We are looking for UEI official setup codes. DO NOT refer to upgrades downloaded from the file section by their "user defined setup code", just provide a link to the file you're using.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I'd also like to give them instruction on how to navigate from the home page down into the file area. I never found that in all the years I visited the site.

1. go to http://www.remotecentral.com/
2. Click Files
3. Click Philips Pronto & ProntoPro Classic
4. Click Component Configuration Files
5. Then either enter your search criteria in the search box in the box labeled "Component Configuration Files" OR select a brand.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Toshiba DVR670KU VCR/DVDR COMBO Reply with quote

Jay-Jay wrote:
1. Device: Toshiba DVR670KU
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No

In case you ever do modify your remote and get a JP1 cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: