JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DCI1041CS Mini-box Insight Cable Louisville KY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cws1953

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: DCI1041CS Mini-box Insight Cable Louisville KY Reply with quote

Help- Does anyone have any information on mini-box Model DCI1041CS
It has an Insight sticker on it - Tried Comcast RID from MIKEBOY withno succcess - This mini-box model shows up as a Thompson Unit but the factory RID does not work. I am a novice in this I used hack from Mikeboy to load a Comcast Model similar but no luck. I would pay via PayPal for a working RID I can install. Please help! I have 3 5K units networked with DvaArchive installed Thanks in advance.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - I learnt this device from a download from the Harmony database for Insight-DCI1041CS.
It decodes as XMP-1, Device 62, SubDevice 16

The protocol help for XMP says:
Quote:
If the commands also include a Final Frame, check the Final Frame Toggle checkbox.
- and there does appear to be a final frame, so I checked that box...

I put an rmdu file here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9535

I then used the instructions in this post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67534#67534
to build this "RID" file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9536

Please bear in mind:
    1. I have zero experience, personally, with RID files, so I hope I did this part correctly Confused
    2. There seems no way to "tell" RIDGen.exe about the "toggle" - so hopefully this doesn't matter here...
    3. I did get just one decode (0 key) as XMP 1/2, all other learns were XMP-1, but the protocol help says:
    Quote:
    If any of the commands decode as XMP-1/2 (or have an OBC-2), you must use the XMP (UEI) protocol.
    - just for fun also, the (1) key is OBC 2...
      (I put the learned signals here, if anyone wants to look at them - note that where there are "gap" signals, I was able to determine that these were present if the OEM key was
      "held in" while learning, and not present if it was a "tap" of the key used to learn...
    )

I don't think there's an IRP file for XMP(UEI) so I had to use XMP, and I hope that doesn't mean those 2 keys (or all the keys...) might not work...

Please give it a try, and let us know how it works out...

cws1953

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Insight RID file Reply with quote

I appreciate your input. Will test Saturday and let you know if it works.
Thanks!!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Insight RID file Reply with quote

cws1953 wrote:
Will test Saturday and let you know if it works.

Great - if it doesn't work first time, there are at least a couple of things from my post above we can check/explore.

cws1953

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Insight RID Reply with quote

I tried it tonight could not wait until Monday. MikeBoy helped put the file into a bat file to overwrite the 0237 code in the other setup codes on the replay and after using the patch I cnnected and got a ( Could not detect video signal on the Replay ) So I went back to original settings using cable input and internal tuner and got the same error. I did change cables from output on the Insight Box originally and put it back after the failure. I finally just rebooted the replay and then it was able to detect video signal using my original set up. Any ideas?
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Insight RID Reply with quote

cws1953 wrote:
Any ideas?

Not really, sorry - I don't have any experience of using or physically configuring Replay TV units, I just made the "RID" file according to the instructions.

It would generally seem to me, though, that "Could not detect video signal" errors due to changing input cables around don't really, on the face of it, seem directly related to whether the "RID" works to control the device or not - but most likely, of course, that's just my lack of knowledge about how setting all this up in the Replay works, causing me to not understand... Embarassed

jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Insight RID Reply with quote

cws1953 wrote:
I finally just rebooted the replay and then it was able to detect video signal using my original set up. Any ideas?

Actually, reading this again, I did have one thought - although it may not be of great value...
It sounds to me, from reading your post, and particularly this comment, as though you might have tried your other connection changes "without" a reboot.

I'm "old school" with connections, preferring to switch off devices before altering connections, so I guess I'm building in my own "reboots". I don't know if the Replay "likes" connection changes without powering off, and indeed, I'm not even really sure what you did - so this is just an observation.
cws1953

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: No success with RID Reply with quote

You are correct after doing a reboot the system saw the video input, however using the your file and the patch Mikeboy sent me to place it in the Replay still does not allow any channel changes - the unit shows channel 413 which is FoxSouth Sports - I'm bact to original setup using just the cable input from ANT/IN on the Replay - Any ideas? I'm also using the special IR blaster cable that plugs directly into the mini-box from the Replay unit.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: No success with RID Reply with quote

cws1953 wrote:
I'm also using the special IR blaster cable that plugs directly into the mini-box from the Replay unit.

I don't understand this, sorry - is this some sort of direct communication cable using a serial/usb port or something else?

You say it plugs directly into the mini box and from the Replay, but also that it is an IR blaster cable... Confused
If it's really just an IR blaster, and is "stuck on" or placed, rather than "plugged directly into the mini-box" then I just haven't understood you...

But if it plugs "directly" (into what 'port' on the cable box?) where is any infrared involved?
If it is a direct, port to port connection with no infrared, are you sure it works with your particular model of cable box (and how are you sure of that, and how to connect/setup the connection?) -

Can you test without this connection (just using an IR blaster to send infrared.) ? (unless, of course you're already doing that, and I've misunderstood...)

Sorry if I'm betraying my ignorance on the Replay hardware side...

I'm also hoping someone better versed than I am in RID generation might be able to see if the XMP details and "conundrums" I posted above
give us any clues how to do this better (in terms of generating the RID file)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: